TPA to Return to XBox 360

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichRX7

Aug 2, 2012
"At yesterday’s Citi Global Technology Conference, Xbox Marketing and Strategy Chief Yusuf Mehdi explained that Microsoft intends to fully support the Xbox 360 until 2016. This is certainly good, albeit expected, news for consumers not looking to shell out $499 for the Xbox One quite yet, and developers looking to capitalize on the Xbox 360′s large install base. According to Mehdi, 360 owners can rest assured that the company will still offer support for the next three years."

http://gamerant.com/microsoft-xbox-360-lifecycle-support/

So, while not "official" that would hold up the 2016 date. Of course the way the X360 is selling this holiday season at the super low price point I wouldn't be surprised if that pushes out even further, but this is just speculation.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I just wonder if the storage servers will remind up despite multilayer being shut down. If I purchased games online can I still get them after they stop supporting the xbox 360

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
There is still the option to pirate the game out of pure self-defense.
Just like when your dvd gets scratched.
At least thats what I would do if they ever shut down steam on pc and I loose stuff I paid for.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
I just wonder if the storage servers will remind up despite multilayer being shut down. If I purchased games online can I still get them after they stop supporting the xbox 360

This is my beef with digital distribution vs. hard copies of games. Unfortunately, digital seems to be the norm these days.
Physical copies are still the way to go IMO. You can't always depend on emulation alone to preserve games despite the strong strides made with emulation technology.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
This is my beef with digital distribution vs. hard copies of games. Unfortunately, digital seems to be the norm these days.
Physical copies are still the way to go IMO. You can't always depend on emulation alone to preserve games despite the strong strides made with emulation technology.
Of the last generation only the wii has been emulated

utblick

Feb 14, 2013
The Pinball Arcade We're getting very close to release with the 360, just ironing out some last minute stuff with microsoft and doing the final polishing.

Sounds good :)

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
The Pinball Arcade We're getting very close to release with the 360, just ironing out some last minute stuff with microsoft and doing the final polishing.

Sounds good :)

Very close can mean another 3 months

McGuirk

Feb 25, 2012
It turns out Farsight has been communicating with that Lizard Squad hacker group, and TPA is no closer to getting on XBLA than it was over a year ago. :cool:

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
It turns out Farsight has been communicating with that Lizard Squad hacker group, and TPA is no closer to getting on XBLA than it was over a year ago. :cool:

OK everybody. I've been tough on FarSight about the situations on the Xbox 360 and the PS4. But even I (of all freakin' people) don't believe this is true.

If TPA is really no closer, I'm not convinced at all that this is the reason.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
OK everybody. I've been tough on FarSight about the situations on the Xbox 360 and the PS4. But even I (of all freakin' people) don't believe this is true.

If TPA is really no closer, I'm not convinced at all that this is the reason.

Do you still have and use a 360 to play this on when it comes out?

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Do you still have and use a 360 to play this on when it comes out?

Yes I do. I play the occasional MM or MB on it (need BFTK and Mosh super jackpot yet). I haven't decided if I'm going to buy the rest of TPA on it yet, since I have all of the tables on Steam. I still love the 360 for all the region-free Japanese Cave shooters (and I stink at all of them LOL).

BPzeBanshee

Aug 5, 2014
I still love the 360 for all the region-free Japanese Cave shooters (and I stink at all of them LOL).
Oh hey, another shmup fan! Didn't think there was many of those over in this side of the web.

Another 360 owner chipping in here. I didn't get the chance to buy the extra tables when I had the chance, but I'll definitely be buying the tables for 360 once the darn thing gets updated providing the quality's anything like the Steam version (ie no music clipping issues like the videos of Cirqus Voltaire on 360 seem to have).

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Oh hey, another shmup fan! Didn't think there was many of those over in this side of the web.

Another 360 owner chipping in here. I didn't get the chance to buy the extra tables when I had the chance, but I'll definitely be buying the tables for 360 once the darn thing gets updated providing the quality's anything like the Steam version (ie no music clipping issues like the videos of Cirqus Voltaire on 360 seem to have).

If you've noticed the clipping audio on the 360 version of CV, you're better than I am. I couldn't hear it. I'm sure the quality will, at minimum, be on par with the PC version in it's current form. It won't look as good as the PS4/One versions, but will still look solid, play well, and sound great if the first 10 tables are any indication. Having played the 360 version (last updated Sept 2012) and the PC version, TPA has come a long way since the beginning, and we can be certain FS will update it.

Also, keep in mind that the for the first season, and at least half of the second season, the 360 was FarSight's main development platform. Too bad the publisher fell through. At this point FarSight just needs to give 360 owners a no-BS yea or nea.

hammr25

Oct 4, 2012
It took so long for them to find a new publisher it wouldn't surprise me if Microsoft told them the Xbone version had to come out first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts