Twilight Zone Kickstarter Redemption

Palmer Eldritch

Dec 17, 2012
I do feel they should have swapped the two packs and given the supporters a week to enjoy it longer... and I know this isn't the best thing to hear. But would it be that bad to drop another 5? I know it sucks big time...but look at it as you are "kickstarting" more future tables. Any income can go a long way in keeping the game going. Gift your code when you get it to a friend and try to grow the user base. In the end the more support the better to extend the game as long as we can.

it's this kind of **** that let's farsight (and other devs/pubs) get away with crap like dis

Logo Lou

Oct 31, 2012
I backed the kickstarter as well and am hugely disappointed at this whole scenario. I would hope this would be a learning experience for Farsight, but based on the past I can only think it won't be. I'm sure I'll be waiting after launch for Star Trek as well.

It's going to be VERY interesting no matter what Farsight picks for their next kickstarter. A lot of unhappy people.

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
There won't be any more kickstarters after the way they handled this whole thing. No communication at all. They suck when it comes to anything other than creating pinball tables. Hey Farsight, hire someone to handle the customer service part of your business. Obviously you can't handle it as you prove time and time again.

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
They had how many months to work out the details? Of course, communicating any delays and why they are happening would have been helpful along the way, but no, Farsight doesn't roll that way. They would rather just piss their loyal customers off every way they can think of.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Is it too late to get a refund from Amazon?
Then we could buy Twilight Zone and play it right away + have money for the next table pack.

Dont Troll Me

Apr 29, 2012
we have never really had many kickstarters and certainly not on psn at least not to my knowledge one thing to think about is do they get the codes from PS on time and will they take the time at PS to get them ready as to not make people mad at farsight , do they even care enough at playstation? to give these codes fast for a company they don't need to worry about or care about?.

i do see a lot of self glamorizing on face book from farsight and not much of anything else, they should really make some kind of post to kickstarters here and on facebook that much i can agree on.

try not to hate on farsight there is more then one ball on the table.

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
They should just focus on non licensed tables from now on and the only kickstarter they should even think about doing is TAF provided they somehow can obtain the licenses. Licensed tables, while revered, are just too much damn work. Look at what happened when TZ got delayed for PS3.

twotontim

Sep 8, 2012
we have never really had many kickstarters and certainly not on psn at least not to my knowledge one thing to think about is do they get the codes from PS on time and will they take the time at PS to get them ready as to not make people mad at farsight , do they even care enough at playstation? to give these codes fast for a company they don't need to worry about or care about?.

Bobby Knight explicitly said he didn't think it was possible to give away the table before it was released. IOW - he/they did not understand the difference between giving away the table early, and getting pre-release codes out there in time.

Why make excuses?

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Bobby Knight explicitly said he didn't think it was possible to give away the table before it was released. IOW - he/they did not understand the difference between giving away the table early, and getting pre-release codes out there in time.

Why make excuses?

It's obvious they screwed up big time with this, but why are they ignoring everyone now?
This is he time they need to be vocal on Facebook and on here.

Just admit you should have had this ironed out months ago and give us a solid answer.
Hell, maybe even through in a free table for making us wait.

Do something though because you are making us, the players who stuck by you, and tried to convince the naysayers "It's not their fault...really!" Look like fools here.

ScotchYeti

Apr 13, 2012
Come on, guys, the kickstarter was initiated to make Twilight Zone possible. The reward was to see it one day and not to be able to play it before anyone else (although this would have been nice). Especially after seeing that TZ is already available on Android and iOS you can't be so impatient to wait some more days.

Thus said, the lack of communication is unsettling. Why not post a quick update on Kickstarter to cheer people up? That's the place all supporters will check first, not the PS Blog.

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
The silence from Farsight on this is deafening. Where's the "community manager"? Where's Bobby? Why is there no post here or on Facebook? Why is the only information buried in a reply on the PSN blog?

This is just so third rate that it's infuriating.

Tabe

Captain Rumwood

Apr 25, 2012
The keyword there being should!

And for the record there is no rule against companies sending out PSN codes before the release. Or else those Pre-order codes wouldn't exist.

They really should have worded their Kickstarter like this
TIER 1: Pay $10 to help fund the table and wait until AFTER the non-backers have already enjoyed it.

Seriously though, this will hurt Farsight's future Kickstarter campaigns.
I know it for a fact because I will be hesitant to back anything for $10, when I know I'll be able to buy it cheaper and play it while the people who really give a shi! about it have to
sit out and wonder why they treat the people who donate like that.

The fact that they are still sitting on all of the codes proves this is not nearly as much of a priority as accepting our money was. Sad, but true. :(

I am so pissed at this company. Do they have children running the show there or what? What a sad way to run a company.
What a f'n waste of $200 that was donating to their kickstarters. Thanks for the lesson I guess.

I agree with you both. I was on the $50 tier for this game and STTNG and I'm really upset that people that didn't support the Kickstarter get to play the game first while backers have to wait, God knows how long to be able to play the game we supported from the beginning.

Unless FarSight makes up for this huge screw up, I will not support another Kickstarter.

Last edited:

ROTTEN

Jun 27, 2012
I just paid $5 for this game and got to play it before you guys? ..... wtf?

Anyway, it's pretty cool. A little over hyped if you ask me. I would never spend $8 on the pro version and certainly wouldn't pay $2 for a pointless ball skin. I'm expecting a fix for the input lag to show up in the PSN store for $4.99 soon.

ScotchYeti

Apr 13, 2012
Unless FarSight makes up for this huge screw up, I will not support another Kickstarter.

Which screw up? Kickstart supporter (yes, me too) are only able to enjoy the table for the next 24'998 days of their life instead of 25'000 days?

Let's keep it in the right perspective. Some people you have never seen and never going to meet play the table 2 days before you do, does this really upset someone? Wow...

Jul 18, 2012
Let's keep it in the right perspective. Some people you have never seen and never going to meet play the table 2 days before you do, does this really upset someone? Wow...

As an Xbox backer I hope to play it by this coming December. If I don't have it by then I'm going to be pretty upset :D

So count your blessings and don't sweat a couple days!

Jan Duin

Feb 20, 2012

I'm not upset that people can play TZ before I can, I hope they have a great time playing it!

What's wrong imo is that Kickstarter backers who helped bring TZ to TPA by investing at least 10 bucks (and often more) can't play TZ on release day. Farsight should've made sure customer loyalty would have been rewarded, and in this case it was not. Like the Captain I won't support another Kickstarter campaign.

Captain Rumwood

Apr 25, 2012
I'm not upset that people can play TZ before I can, I hope they have a great time playing it!

What's wrong imo is that Kickstarter backers who helped bring TZ to TPA by investing at least 10 bucks (and often more) can't play TZ on release day. Farsight should've made sure customer loyalty would have been rewarded, and in this case it was not. Like the Captain I won't support another Kickstarter campaign.

That's exactly how I feel.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.