Twilight Zone Kickstarter Redemption

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Don't get discouraged, just PM Rob Mann with your info and I'm sure he'll get you taken care of.

Ha! Appreciate it, but I've been discouraged for several months now, this is just fuel in the fire. I'll give it a day or so then check on it.
It seems it has quite a few issues so I've really lost the urge to even try it.

Captain Rumwood

Apr 25, 2012
I got my codes last night. . . . Once I started playing, my anger was appeased. The game, while it has some bugs, is amazing!

I only have one question. How do you access the game credits? I searched for it but couldn't find them. Weren't Kickstarter backers' names supposed to appear on the game credits list?

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
The game is amazing. I am too happy with the results. They even took out the post and that made it more difficult, love it.
The names on the credits didn't show up for an update or two on IOS for TZ. Still hasn't showed up for STTNG. I am sure they will eventually get there.

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
For all my griping, I will say that the actual process of redeeming the codes and getting the TZ installed, etc, went perfectly smooth. No issues at all for me.

Tabe

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Still no email with the code for me.

However on the bright side Jersey Jack just gave us the first glimpse of the cabinet art for our Hobbit pinball table!
WOOOHOOOOO!

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
I'm expecting a fix for the input lag to show up in the PSN store for $4.99 soon.

I have to admit, this made me literally lol. The crazy thing is a lot of people would gladly pay $5 for that fix..

Back on topic its good to see the KS supporters get their due, even if it was a couple days late.

goforthewall

Feb 21, 2012
I'm expecting a fix for the input lag to show up in the PSN store for $4.99 soon.

I have to admit, this made me literally lol. The crazy thing is a lot of people would gladly pay $5 for that fix..

Back on topic its good to see the KS supporters get their due, even if it was a couple days late.

It's a TV - PS3 and resolution combination thing. I have tried the Xbox 360 (1080p) and PS3 (must be 720p, but most PS3 games are this by default!!) side-by-side on the same LG TV. The input lag is exactly the same on both systems: practically NON-existent.

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Bobby Knight explicitly said...

knightmoves.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist :)

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
It's a TV - PS3 and resolution combination thing. I have tried the Xbox 360 (1080p) and PS3 (must be 720p, but most PS3 games are this by default!!) side-by-side on the same LG TV. The input lag is exactly the same on both systems: practically NON-existent.

http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/2992-An-Afternoon-At-FarSight-Studios?highlight=input
We talked a bunch about how the game is developed, what it takes to take the 360 version down to a mobile version, and then started getting into the PS3 and Vita. “Well I think the Vita’s main complaint is we don’t have any HDR lighting, there’s no real time lighting effects, which we do have on the PS3, which is why there’s a slight lag. There was a bigger lag, we actually improved that in the update patch that I think was in October. It went from being a 2 frame lag from HDR lighting to 1 frame lag that’s still there for 1080, but it’s there because we’re doing this post processing thing. In order to have the lighting technology that we do and run at 60fps, we need an extra frame to process everything after the controller input.”

I asked if putting in the option to remove HDR was possible, and Bobby said that’d mean it would have the same look the Vita does. Having your TV set up properly to interact with the PS3 should get you to that 1 frame lag. My PS3 is hooked up to a CRT rear projection, so I didn’t think I was experiencing the lag, but I guess I am. They keep on trying to optimize the code, so there’s still hope yet for some of you experiencing it badly. It shouldn’t have anything to do with your controller, but then Bobby uses a wired controller when he plays. As to why it’s not a problem on the 360? Not as many HDR effects, and it’s a different way of running them.

Turbine

May 19, 2012
No response to my email either (sent on Thursday) other than the automated response. I really love TPA, but Farsights customer service and PR is truly appalling.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts