xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
scrub that - I'm blind :

Opening Times
Saturday 13th October: 11:00am – 7:00pm
Sunday 14th October: 10:00am – 6:00pm

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
Arse! In my haste I ordered from official site rather than ukpinball. Missed the saving :( Only plus point is I get to print my ticket myself rather than paying postage and waiting.

N

Nik Barbour

Arse! In my haste I ordered from official site rather than ukpinball. Missed the saving :( Only plus point is I get to print my ticket myself rather than paying postage and waiting.

Not ordered mine yet - Might try and swing an extra days pass off the missus and go for the 2 day ticket.
Cheers for the link Carl!

N

Nik Barbour

Not ordered mine yet - Might try and swing an extra days pass off the missus and go for the 2 day ticket.
Cheers for the link Carl!

She's going to make me pay for it, the weekend after, but....Full 2 day weekend pass granted by the missus for play-expo, and 2 day adult pass ordered via Carl's link above £16 + £1.75 postage.:D

N

Nik Barbour

Play.expo Manchester UK was awesome. 60+ pinball tables, all set on free play. Thank you Northern Lights Pinball!
I'd forgotten how physical real table nudging actually is!
I want my own table (2 ideally) real bad now - the Twilight Zone was awesome!

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Are there any pinball parties/expos a little further south? This one and the last are about 180 miles for me.

N

Nik Barbour

Are there any pinball parties/expos a little further south? This one and the last are about 180 miles for me.

Don't know mate - Manchester's local for me.
I'd try finding a club, see what they say.

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Get yourselves on the ukpinball yahoo group.

Nik I never saw you. But then I don't know what you look like so that's probably why!

I was wearing the evolution of pinball T.

N

Nik Barbour

Get yourselves on the ukpinball yahoo group.

Nik I never saw you. But then I don't know what you look like so that's probably why!

I was wearing the evolution of pinball T.

Only went on the Saturday in the end, took an hour and a quarter to get in it was so busy.
Must have played nearly every table though, did 6hrs solid pinball, never really looked at anything else.
Favourites were TZ, Black Knight ( but angle set up was wrong), NGG, FH, the modded CFTBL.
really liked Banzai run & the shadow. Family Guy was really cool.
I want a TZ of my own now! (£3750 on ebay, located in Blackpool).
I was the really good looking tall guy in blue jeans / black polo shirt if you were wondering!

Did you enjoy it? (i still owe you a beer BTW)

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
3 hour drive for me on the sat but had a great time. Gutted there was no MM table but had a blast on bride of pinbot, monster bash, party zone and theatre of magic. First time I've played real pinball since I was a kid, as others have said its much harder than PA.

Managed to get to the billion shot on BOP once but that table was a drain monster.

N

Nik Barbour

3 hour drive for me on the sat but had a great time. Gutted there was no MM table but had a blast on bride of pinbot, monster bash, party zone and theatre of magic. First time I've played real pinball since I was a kid, as others have said its much harder than PA.

Managed to get to the billion shot on BOP once but that table was a drain monster.

We're you that guy who was constantly hogging BOP on Saturday?
I was gutted the TOM trunk didn't spin though. Still great to play the real thing.
It was so much harder than TPA though - jeez those things weigh a ton.

Last edited:

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
We're you that guy who was constantly hogging BOP on Saturday?
I was gutted the TOM trunk didn't spin though. Still great to play the real thing.
It was so much harder than TPA though - jeez those things weigh a ton.

Lol! Nah not me, but I know who you mean, he was on it every time I went to play it.......he must be feeling it today as he was giving that machine some serious nudge action

an ox

May 28, 2012
As usual I was at our stand most of the time and didn't get much chance to play on the pinballs. Every time I wandered past hoping for a quick go every table was occupied and I hadn't the time to queue for a game.

I did manage to get a few goes on El Toro EM though :).

A5FEQG4CMAEj9dZ.jpg

N

Nik Barbour

Northern lights Pinball recently posted their provisional dates for the next Manchester Play.expo probably to be held at Event city again.
These are...12th & 13th October 2013.

This year's was awesome, with approximately 70 pinball tables all set on free play.
Already got this on my calendar!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.