What are your most-wanted tables?

RKade8583

Apr 5, 2012
ME WANT GORGAR!!!

Seriously, it's the creepiest table I've ever played and I love it. The wizard one from the Williams collection was good too but Gorgar was my favorite.

Daniel Osborne

Feb 28, 2012
I'd like to see 'the party zone '. We had it in our long gone seaside arcade. I didn't have a clue what to do back then, so I'd love the chance to get to play it 'properly'.

alexk3954

Mar 8, 2012
Some table I would love to see are

Cactus Canyon
Simpson's Pinball Party
Star Trek TNG
Scared Stiff
Whitewater

Kaoru

Mar 29, 2012
I'd love to see Bally's Doctor Who-table on TPA but getting the licence from BBC could be a problem, I think.

Since I haven't seen them being mentioned anywhere so far... what about those few Pinball 2000-tables? Not just the ones that got out before Williams closed down but also the unreleased ones like Wizard Blocks? (And while we're at it, Bally's Pinball Circus would be pretty interesting too.)

Apr 8, 2012
I like the early solid state tables such as Gorgar and Sorcerer from the Williams collection (want to see those re-released in Pinball Arcade). Tables I would like to see include:

Seawitch (Stern 1980)
Flash (Williams 1979)
Blackout (Williams 1980)
Solar Fire (Williams 1981)
Mata Hari (Bally 1978)
Xenon (Bally 1980)
Centaur (Bally 1981)
Eight Ball Deluxe (Bally 1981)
Fathom (Bally 1981)
Meteor (Stern 1979)
Haunted House (Gottlieb 1982)

Last edited:

Adam

Apr 5, 2012
Creature from the Black Lagoon (confirmed, thankfully)
The Addams Family
Black Knight 2000
The Simpsons (Data East)
Earthshaker
Party Animal

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
I definitely would like to see Judge Dredd, which came out two years before the movie and is based on the comics (ipdb says that it is based on the comics and nothing suggests it's based on the movie). I found out that Rebellion owns the license when I looked up information to see who owns it (and http://www.2000adonline.com/ and the GOG page for Judge Dredd vs. Judge Death suggest this is the case). What's interesting is that this company also has the rights to the 21st Century pinball games (Pinball Dreams, Fantasies, etc). I found this out when I saw "licensed from Rebellion" on the title screen of Cowboy Rodeo's iOS port of Pinball Fantasies. Rebellion is also listed on the GoG page for Pinball Gold Pack.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
My top 5 from the top 5. This list is not counting any already announced or strongly rumored ones that I know of. Also, does not include any of the Sega Tables. I played several of them in real life and never took to any of them.

Williams
1. Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure
2. Star Trek: The Next Generation
3. Black Knight 2000
4. Bad Cats
5. Whitewater

Bally
1. Twilight Zone (My #1 request of all)
2. Centaur
3. Cactus Canyon
4. Fathom
5. Champion Pub

Gottlieb
1. Haunted House
2. Operation Thunder
3. Class of 1812
4. Devil's Dare
5. Bounty Hunter

Stern
1. AC/DC
2. Lord Of The Rings
3. Tron: Legacy
4. Batman(The Dark Knight)
5. Simpsons Pinball Party

Data East
1. Tommy
2. Jurassic Park
3. Phantom Of The Opera
4. Tales From The Crypt
5. Back To The Future

Last edited:

sotnwaffle

Apr 13, 2012
The ones that come to mind offhand...

Williams

Pharaoh
Time Fantasy
Firepower 2
Swords of Fury (Trivia: This game has a balrog, although I do not care for the artistic interpretation on the back glass.
On youtube, you can hear the audio for this game saying, "Lionman, defeat the balrog!")
Star Trek: TNG
Big Guns
Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure
Black Knight 2000

Stern

Catacomb
Lightning
Flight 2000
TRON: Legacy
Lord of the Rings

Bally/Midway

Paragon
Dungeons and Dragons
Space Invaders
Xenon
The Shadow
Judge Dredd

Gottlieb

Haunted House

Last edited:

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
No real order but

Frontier - This was a table I played in the arcade in the 80's where I could spend 1 quarter and play for hours on end. I would like to see that here but I highly doubt that it would happen as farsight is focusing on the more popular tables.

Indiana jones. Star Trek TNG, Lord of the rings. Family guy, Terminator, Twilight zone, Adams family. These tables were interesting but I didn't play them much because they started becoming more like slot machines taking you money real fast. And $1-$1.50 a pop was Too much for my liking.

IMO that is why arcades went south. Operators started charging $1 or more for games. You could easily spend $15 - 20 in less than an hour. (when you have kids eager to play as well) Manufacturers wanted a higher percentage of the revenue and maintenance cost were very high.

Oh forgot about No Good Gofers one of my favs in williams Pinball hall of fame. Never played the real one.

Last edited:

Shinobi100

Apr 13, 2012
There are 3 factors that sum up EVERYONE'S answer to this question: 1.) Is it a great table?, 2.) Was it available to play at most bars/arcades?, 3.) Is it a recognizable theme?

The greatest tables had excellent board art and lots of gadgets, techniques that weren't mastered until the early 90's. The tables that were the most widely distributed were naturally played the most, and hold the most nostalgia in our hearts. TV shows and movies are easily the most recognizable themes used in the pinball world.

Knowing those 3 factors, it's no surprise that ADDAMS FAMILY is the #1 requested table for the Pinball Arcade. It had a slew of gadgets, it was the HIGHEST selling table of all-time, and it was based on a license that represented both a TV show and a movie.

The other tables on the MOST WANTED list become easy to spot if we just use our 3 factors:

2. Twilight Zone
3. Star Trek: The Next Generation
4. Terminator 2

Those 4 tables clearly stand out, due to their exceptional quality in all 3 factors. The rest of the list becomes debatable as each table is lacking in one of the 3 factors. Iron Man and Star Wars are incredibly strong themes, but their playfields aren't quite as strong. High Speed and Safe Cracker have excellent playfields, but unrecognizable themes.

My personal choices after the "Big 4" are Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure, The Simpson's Pinball Party, Jurassic Park, Star Wars, and Batman because they are far and away my favorite themes.

Last edited:

PinMike8666

Feb 20, 2012
I've changed my mind on my most wanted; it's quite hard to choose, really. Here's my (slightly) revised picks:

Gottlieb:

Slick Chick: This table is considered one of Gottlieb's best EM designs; I enjoyed this one on Microsoft Pinball Arcade (PC pinball collection).
Haunted House: Made by the same designer who did Black Hole; also played this on said collection, but didn't feel right.
Cue Ball Wizard: One of the better Gottlieb 90s designs; didn't care too much for its emulation on said collection.

Bally:

The Addams Family: The most obvious choice as it's the highest-selling pinball table of all-time; also praised for its gameplay.
Twilight Zone: Less successful than said table, but still considered one of the all-time best tables.
The Shadow: Not talked about as much, but it's Brain Eddy's (Medieval Madness) first table design. Looks like an awesome table.

Williams:

Banzai Run: Pat Lawlor's (Ripley's Believe It or Not) first design; quite ambitious as the backglass is its own unique table (much heavier physics as well).
White Water: A design by Dennis Nordman (Dr. Dude). Quite possibly his best work due to the creative layout and unique theme.
Red & Ted's Road Show: Essentially as spiritual-sequel to Funhouse. Even though it introduced to Buy-In system (which isn't part of this collection), I think it's still possible to carry on with this table on a single credit.

Stern (including Data East and Sega designs):

Jurassic Park: Considered as the best Data East table; really fun rules and layout with a shaker motor.
The Who's Tommy Pinball Wizard: One of the best designs from said company. Oddly enough, was re-skinned as Richie Rich (prop for the movie it's based on) and converted into a get-well soon present for Masaya Nakamura (head of Namco) as Kabuki.
Lord of the Rings: Stern's widely-popular and best-praised table. Definitely the best George Gomez-designed table I've played.

Really, I can't choose just three for every company, especially for a collection spanning through nearly all pinball eras. My tastes are more centric towards the late-80s and present, hence my selections.

Last edited:

Snatcher42

Apr 8, 2012
The Who's Tommy Pinball Wizard: Very rare table (only 14 made in the world).
Whoah, is that true? Because I've played two of them! Though maybe it was the same table... First in an arcade in upstate New York in the 90s, and second at Reciprocal Skateboards in NYC a year or two ago. I agree it's a great table. Love the music!

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
Whoah, is that true? Because I've played two of them! Though maybe it was the same table... First in an arcade in upstate New York in the 90s, and second at Reciprocal Skateboards in NYC a year or two ago. I agree it's a great table. Love the music!

No, that's not true at all. There's 3500 of them. I don't know where he got that number from.

PinMike8666

Feb 20, 2012
Yep, the poster above this post is right, I messed up; it's indeed 3,500 produced worldwide. I was confusing it with something else (possibly unrelated to pinball by the time I posted that); just huge ignorance on my part (which I usually don't have), thus I feel embarrassed. The other information I said about this table was correct, though. :)

I edited my post. Sorry for the misleading information and my ignorance.

Last edited:

Snotrot

Apr 14, 2012
My absolute number one most wanted table is Tales from the Crypt. I loved the ambiance of this table and if I could get a faithful digital recreation of it, that would just be freaking amazing. When this table gets going nuts with the rumbling and the cackling of the Crypt Keeper and the various horror sound effects combined with the familiar theme to the show it gets intense and it's tons of fun.

Another, probably more obscure request would be the Rescue 911 table. Again this table had great ambiance and it was a lot of fun.

Other than that the more obvious choices:

Star Wars
Adams Family
A Nightmare on Elm Street
Elvira and the Party Monsters
Hook
Indiana Jones
Jurassic Park

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.