What else are you looking forward to on PS4?

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Oh, and the video sharing mode is really fun. You can watch people playing all sort of games, and it's sort of like this little laboratory of human nature, for instance I was watching a guy play Knack and react in stunned disbelief, then denial as a certain battle started knocking him around pretty bad ; )--oh and there was the trash-talking guy playing Madden online vs a dude he said he'd just beaten twice in a row, so for the third game he picked a weaker team just to demonstrate he could still dominate the poor guy....and very quickly gave up a touchdown, although to his credit he played it off well. : P Oh and like one of the Giant Bomb reviewers was streaming and responding to chat comments while playing Need For Speed for his review, so that was neat. Anyway it's pretty keen. Definitely going to have to remember to stream while playing Trine 2, since I haven't seen *anyone* streaming that yet, and of course while playing TPA once that comes out. : )

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
I'd gladly trade that MU trial for the option to play my own music on the PS4!

Thank Microsoft for pointing out the Xbone would have that feature the day after the FAQ launched, forcing Sony to recant a week later saying it'll be in a future update!

Primero

Sep 12, 2013
I'm looking forward to Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number, and Velocity 2X.

Yep. I know. They look like Colecovision games and I don't care. They are fun and that's what matters most. :D

Would buy them on PS3 if I could, but it seems each respective publisher is aiming for Cross-Buy with PS4/Vita for these two titles, which will soon become the norm as PS3 slowly fades away...

JCChaconJr

Jul 10, 2012
Well, Zen DID announce that ZP2 will be cross buy for PS3, PS4, and PSVita.. Personally, I prefer TPA over Zen, but I'll take the free game and tables that I've already purchased. :)

Father Time

Apr 21, 2013
Stuff that's been announced: Infamous, Uncharted, Timesplitters Rewind and Warch Dogs

Stuff I hope is coming: Twisted Metal, a sequel to Playstation All stars battle royale, god of war or a god of war like game, and a Gta game or a Fallout game. There's others too but those are the big ones.

Father Time

Apr 21, 2013
what when where

I did not know about this! As long as it plays more like TimeSplitters 2 than Future Perfect, I am hyped!

It is a fan made game but they have permission from crytek (who owns the franchise) to do it. It's basically all the maps weapons and characters from the 3 games, in multiplayer. I think it'll be in good hands.

LanceBoyle

Jul 5, 2013
It is a fan made game but they have permission from crytek (who owns the franchise) to do it. It's basically all the maps weapons and characters from the 3 games, in multiplayer. I think it'll be in good hands.

I had heard of it, then. I didn't remember the name, tho. I also didn't know it was coming out on PS4 too.

Azuri

Dec 16, 2013
I enjoy a good dungeon crawler. I bought Diablo III for PC but with the Real Money Auction House they droped the ball on that game. It's being removed for the PS4 launch and a expansion pack so hopefully it will be up to Blizzard quality this time around.

NeedleBanger

Dec 10, 2013
Elder Scrolls Online. If they don't catastrophically f-ck it up somehow then it could possibly be one of the best games of all time.

The base formula is SO SIMPLE:

1. Make the world exactly like Oblivion & Skyrim (free-roaming, towns, tombs, castles, adventure, danger, etc.)

2. Make mass-multiplayer servers (100+), because a game world the size of Oblivion's & Skyrim's could easily accommodate that many. Make the game a mix of A.I. & human players throughout.

3. Either the ability to buy or build houses throughout the world. Not just 1 crappy place here & there (like GTA 5), but have a large assortment so you have more variety. If they really wanted to they could figure out a way to make nearly any house in the game for sale.

4. MOST IMPORTANTLY*** Do not incorporate real $$ into the gameplay!!!!!!! If they want to charge a monthly fee for the game (I heard something about that) then so be it, but leave the $$ out of the gameplay! If they want to charge us for DLC, fine, but LEAVE THE $$ OUT OF THE GAMEPLAY!!!!!!!!

NeedleBanger

Dec 10, 2013
If they made a Skate 4 without being all cheesy like #2&3 I'd be all over it. Make it like Skate 1 but with a professional park editor. HOW HARD IS THAT?!! Or an actual realistic snowboarding game that doesn't suck?!!

"Nope, we want the kids to be thoughtless robots..."

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012
If they made a Skate 4 without being all cheesy like #2&3 I'd be all over it. Make it like Skate 1 but with a professional park editor. HOW HARD IS THAT?!! Or an actual realistic snowboarding game that doesn't suck?!!

"Nope, we want the kids to be thoughtless robots..."

i thought skate 3 was pretty good. i still pop it in once or twice a month.

NeedleBanger

Dec 10, 2013
Skate 3 was the best one, but only because of the skatepark editor & being able to get off your board. Skate 1 was the original and it had the most soul. The world in #1 was the best. They got sloppy towards the end and kind of favoured the Hardcore (mode) crowd.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Okay, "Don't Starve" is really, really cool. I should have been asleep 4 hours ago, but I decided to fire up the PS4 and see what this game was about. Big mistake!

And it's FREE with PS+!

---stone---

Dec 23, 2013
The Division, Driveclub, The Crew, Destiny, Planetside 2, Season Two and three TPA, Deep Down, War Thunder. (yes I know I can make a EU account and download it, but waiting for NA release lol)

Dec 7, 2013
New IP.

Deep Down is a start . And TitanFall 2. Destiny. That's what I look forward to the most.

I can't go back to 30Hz after playing Battlefield 4 and Pinball arcade, Resogun. 60Hz has spoiled me. Even on Xbox One I only play Forza, Battlefield , and Killer Instinct for this reason. Give me 60 frames per second or give me death! Battlefield shows that you can cram ****loads of stuff on screen and still maintain that refresh rate on these consoles.

Kemetman72

Banned
Sep 12, 2012
I am looking forward to more pinball, The Order 1886, Infamous, The Witcher 3, Dragon Age 3, Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition, KH 3, The Crew, Lord of the Rings: Shadow over Mordor and NEW Star Wars games! Especially Battlefront as long as they don't screw it up. Plus there's a nice line-up of indie games coming our way as well. :D

Feb 19, 2014
I can't recommend Tomb Raider enough. It has to be seen to be believed. 1080P, 60fps, it even has added effects over the PC version, and an improved face on Lara. It truly is the definitive version, a must have guys seriously this game is amazing, a must have for anyone with a PS4.

Metal Gear Ground Zeroes is my next purchase, already got 30$ in my account ready to go.

Infamous comes out a week after that.

I bought Killzone and graphically it is amazing, though I'm definitely spoiled by 60fps and going from Tomb Raider to Killzone can be a little jarring. It's still a very good game from what I've played so far.

I like Strider a lot. Thinking about buying it.

I've heard Resogun is good, and it's free with PS+. Haven't got my subscription yet though so I can't comment.

Deep Down from Capcom is one to watch. Another 1080p 60fps game, from what I've seen graphically it even beats Tomb Raider. Looks like a Dark Souls/Dragon Dogma type of game. It's free to play I believe, which is kind of strange, not sure how that will work, graphically it's triple A title.

Also excited for Final Fantasy XIV.

Those are my pics until Destiny comes out this fall. Also keeping an eye on Watch Dogs and The Order 1886. Not sure what happened to DriveClub, I wish Sony would just port GT6 to PS4 (should have been a PS4 launch title IMO but oh well).

Members online

Members online