What else are you looking forward to on PS4?

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
It looks like the extra time Evolution has taken to work on Driveclub has really paid off!
I just downloaded a few videos and they look incredible.

http://driveclub.eu.playstation.com/1080p?emcid=so-ga-146

You can also right click and save the 1080p videos.
My favorite is the second one. My girlfriend thought it was a real race on TV. ;)

Check out nice dirty windshield effect:
dc1.gif

Last edited:

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
This problem has come up on MLB the show 14. Thought I'd mention it here also in case someone else comes across it.

This is a weird problem that some people are having, including me, with MLB the Show 14. I'm working around it by manually saving after every game and reverting when the issue pops up. It can be any color and I've seen it worse than this. When it happens with black the game is unplayable but if you go back to a save before it started then it's fine. Save early. Save often.

Spike Forehand

May 14, 2013
It looks like the extra time Evolution has taken to work on Driveclub has really paid off!
I just downloaded a few videos and they look incredible.

http://driveclub.eu.playstation.com/1080p?emcid=so-ga-146

You can also right click and save the 1080p videos.
My favorite is the second one. My girlfriend thought it was a real race on TV. ;)

Check out nice dirty windshield effect:
dc1.gif

Looks great.

Someone else was raving about that too. I'm hoping they come out with a solid steering wheel accessory, cause I hate driving games with the dualshock. If they do and the game looks that pretty, I may be all over it.

I'm probably most excited for Watch Dogs and The Division. Watch Dogs this Tuesday, and The Division was pushed back to 2015.

In the meantime, I've been having a ton of fun with the downloadables Trials Fusion (motocross racing/obstacles/tricks) and Child of Light (RPG). Both have free demos and are worth trying if you want to try something new.

Just a warning on Child of Light though - if you play the demo and decide to buy it - DO NOT BUY IT FROM WITHIN THE GAME!!. There is a bug where if you buy it from within the game, it doesn't activate trophies or game saves. Last night I lost like 3 hours of gameplay and had to start all over. Instead, the consensus is to exit the game, close the application, buy it from PSN, restart PS4, and then restart the game. You should check early in the game that it's saving properly to be sure.

All that between pinball games of course. :)

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
I'm hoping they come out with a solid steering wheel accessory, cause I hate driving games with the dualshock.

I agree, but I'm afraid that Driveclub is an arcade game like Grid 2, not a simulator.
I play Assetto Corsa with a Logitech G27 on the PC. AC is probably the best sim on the market right now.
Chances are they release AC on the PS4 as well, someday.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I agree, but I'm afraid that Driveclub is an arcade game like Grid 2, not a simulator.
I play Assetto Corsa with a Logitech G27 on the PC. AC is probably the best sim on the market right now.
Chances are they release AC on the PS4 as well, someday.

You don't have to be afraid to it. It's not supposed to be a simulator.

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
You don't have to be afraid to it. It's not supposed to be a simulator.

Right, no in-house competitor to Gran Turismo. Both companies are tied to Sony.
Too bad they make most of these good looking racing games today, without proper physics.
All the work that goes in to make the licensed cars look as authentic as possible, even with cockpit view
and then you only get arcade gameplay.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Right, no in-house competitor to Gran Turismo. Both companies are tied to Sony.
Too bad they make most of these good looking racing games today, without proper physics.
All the work that goes in to make the licensed cars look as authentic as possible, even with cockpit view
and then you only get arcade gameplay.

It is by the developer of the MotorStorm series so I was always expecting an "easy to start, hard to master" scenario. They did say in an interview that nothing was dumbed down.

To be honest, I enjoy a good fun arcade racer over a sim. If I want realistic driving I'll hop in my car... I'd rather take drifting, breakneck turns at 100mph instead of having to slam on the brakes and slow down to a crawl.

Anyway, I'm sure they can find a happy medium... maybe they'll make it realistic handling with the option to enable a lot of driving assistance. I do know they are going to make it as accessible as possible.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Calling stuff like Drive Club or Forza Horizon "arcade racers" doesn't mesh w me.

They are nowhere near as fun and enjoyable as true arcade racers like Daytona 2, Sega Rally 2, Outrun 2 (lotsa 2's) Sega Super GT and the like.

They're more like... Racers w/o heavy sim elements. I guess "arcade style" is just easier to say.

Anyways, I played Mario Kart 8 and OMG, I know it's a kids game but DAMN IS IT FUN. And the astetics totally remind me of Daytona USA 2. I got 1998 flashbacks.

I've learned my lesson with digital downloads. I'm going to buy a boxed copy of watchdogs and see if I like it.

Rafie

Jul 17, 2012
Calling stuff like Drive Club or Forza Horizon "arcade racers" doesn't mesh w me.

They are nowhere near as fun and enjoyable as true arcade racers like Daytona 2, Sega Rally 2, Outrun 2 (lotsa 2's) Sega Super GT and the like.

They're more like... Racers w/o heavy sim elements. I guess "arcade style" is just easier to say.

Anyways, I played Mario Kart 8 and OMG, I know it's a kids game but DAMN IS IT FUN. And the astetics totally remind me of Daytona USA 2. I got 1998 flashbacks.

I've learned my lesson with digital downloads. I'm going to buy a boxed copy of watchdogs and see if I like it.

Why does it have to be a kid's game?!

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Why does it have to be a kid's game?!

Maybe he meant that it's not a mature rated game.
It would be very stupid of Nintendo to ever try and market a Mario Kart game "for kids" seeing how many fans of the original (Super Mario Kart) are most likely over 30...Not to mention, there are more gamers over the age of 30 than there are under 30.

Jan Duin

Feb 20, 2012
I'm a big racing fan, both sim and arcade, and I started out with Indycar Racing II by Papyrus and then great racers like GTR, GT Legends, NASCAR 2003, TOCA, Sports Car GT, rFactor... :)

Project Cars and Assetto Corsa on the PS4 would be amazing. I'll gladly dust off my G25 for those two. Oh and a proper successor to Burnout Paradise please!!!

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
"Rollers of the Realm" just came out on PSN, it is a pinball action RPG. : o There is a free demo with the first of I think six chapters; the full version is $10.

Gameplay in the demo mainly alternates between flipper mazes and bashing little armored guys repeatedly with the ball until they fall down.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.