What's your favourite table you know will never come to TPA?

heberts811

Feb 26, 2012
They have already been mentioned but I would like
1. Cactus Jacks
2. Riverboat Gambler (despite the annoying music)
3. Bally Game Show
4. Jokerz
5. Royal Flush

Gary

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
Well, after hearing about the EA exclusive license Monopoly now comes to mind.. along with most of the good big license Data East and Stern tables.

Michael Taylor

Aug 18, 2014
Also, another one I don't think we'll see is Rocky and Bullwinkle, I played it a while back on Visual Pinball and it was a nice table

Michael Taylor

Aug 18, 2014
Yeah, but for cartoon Tables, a lot of people are going to say stuff like Simpsons or South Park, but personally, I'd like to see Rocky and Bullwinkle on TPA someday despite 1. It being a Data East game, 2. it being a licensed game and 3. it being a challenging table

Michael Taylor

Aug 18, 2014
They have the rights to Data East tables. They would just need the cartoon license.

Oh okay, I didn't know that because I thought according to the currently Seasons, all they had the properties for was Williams, Bally, Gottlieb and Stern tables. Guess I learn something new every day xD
As for Cartoon License, I'm pretty sure that the Rocky and Bullwinkle license would be a LOT easier to get than South Park's and Simpsons' Licenses :p

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Data East and Sega pins fall under the Stern license. They just haven't made any yet.

I would think the Rocky and Bullwinkle license would be much cheaper and easier to acquire than the Simpsons or Southpark. But you never know with these things. There is also question as to whether Farsight is currently able to perform ROM emulation on those two systems.

Last edited:

Michael Taylor

Aug 18, 2014
There is also question as to whether Farsight is currently able to perform ROM emulation on those two systems.

I thought TPA always used ROM Emulation, otherwise Farsight will also need to emulate Rocky and Bullwinkle's Magic Hat Backglass as well if the table WAS to happen

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I thought TPA always used ROM Emulation, otherwise Farsight will also need to emulate Rocky and Bullwinkle's Magic Hat Backglass as well if the table WAS to happen

Some of the early SS pins (Black Knight for example) as well as the EMs (EMs can not be emulated obviously) are not emulated. They were scripted. As far as we know they do not have emulation worked out for the newest Stern pins as well. We don't know if they can emulate Data East or Sega. I don't think they have ever mentioned if they can or not.
If they were to recreate R&B, I'm sure they would only do it with ROM emulation and I don't think the magic hat backglass would be an issue. They have done animated backglasses before such as Scared Stiff.

Last edited:

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Some of the early SS pins (Black Knight for example) as well as the EMs (EMs can not be emulated obviously) are not emulated. They were scripted. As far as we know they do not have emulation worked out for the newest Stern pins as well. We don't know if they can emulate Data East or Sega. I don't think they have ever mentioned if they can or not.
If they were to recreate R&B, I'm sure they would only do it with ROM emulation and I don't think the magic hat backglass would be an issue. They have done animated backglasses before such as Scared Stiff.

If they can emulate Stern Whitestar, then they can do Sega Whitestar as well.

Michael Taylor

Aug 18, 2014
After watching YouTube videos of the actual machine being played (and probably won't happen due to licensing issues) but I'd LOVE to see Red and Ted's Road Show to go along with Funhouse :)

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
After watching YouTube videos of the actual machine being played (and probably won't happen due to licensing issues) but I'd LOVE to see Red and Ted's Road Show to go along with Funhouse :)

This one seems to have very small licensing issues.
I think we could see it appears in season 4.

Michael Taylor

Aug 18, 2014
This one seems to have very small licensing issues.
I think we could see it appears in season 4.

Yeah, but even the smallest licensing issues can be a hurdle to get through, I'm not sure of Carlene Carter would allow the porting to happen due to her being the voice of Red

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts