What's your favourite table you know will never come to TPA?

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Yeah, I suspect that something is up with licensing Red & Ted. If it were as easy of a license as everyone says, I think we would have seen it by now. It is far more popular than Black Rose, Who dunnit, and Junkyard (which are all other dmd wms games that were released recently.)

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
Yeah, I suspect that something is up with licensing Red & Ted. If it were as easy of a license as everyone says, I think we would have seen it by now. It is far more popular than Black Rose, Who dunnit, and Junkyard (which are all other dmd wms games that were released recently.)

lol, you suspect too much.

Trust me, we'll see it.

soundwave106

Nov 6, 2013

Bram Stoker's Dracula is also more popular. They saved that one for a season end.

They might employ a similar tactic with Red and Ted. (Or Judge Dredd for that matter.)

David Pannozzo

Mar 6, 2012
Did you guys know that Gary Oldman did his own voice for Bram Stokers Dracula, it was not samples from the movie, he did his own work. So if Dracula is getting released, I know Red & Ted will get released soon.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Did you guys know that Gary Oldman did his own voice for Bram Stokers Dracula, it was not samples from the movie, he did his own work. So if Dracula is getting released, I know Red & Ted will get released soon.
Huh, I didn't realise that! I don't know if it speaks more highly or not as to the likelihood of seeing Road Show, but it's an interesting fact all the same. Keep in mind that for RS they'd need to license the song as well as the voice acting for Red (I'd imagine). Possibly a double-whammy there compared to Oldman for this or La Grange for The Getaway.

lio

Jul 24, 2013
I'm glad Radical! has been mentioned quite often so maybe there's more interest in it than I thought - I'd like to see that one as well!
Also Swords of Fury, Transporter The Rescue, Banzai Run.
So this is mor eof a wishlist rather than fearing these might not make it but then I guess most of them might actually not make it.

jbejarano

Jul 6, 2012
One table that I know will never come to The Pinball Arcade that I wish would somehow is Defender. I never played the pinball table IRL (because I never saw a local table growing up). But, I've seen game play video of the table. The ruleset looks too simple, and the table is too obscure for The Pinball Arcade, but I always loved the video game that the table is based on, and I love the super-satisfying sound effects that the table has. It uses the same FM synthesis sound effects that Firepower uses, and playing Firepower does help to scratch that itch for those sound effects. However, I kind of like some tables to have simpler rule sets, and with those sound effects, I could see really enjoying this one.

p6800

May 17, 2013
Full of licenses, simple ruleset, not highly requested. There are only a few of us here who ogle at it...

PunkTiger

Apr 12, 2014
I'll start with the three tables I'd love to have in my own game room; Paragon, Lost World, and Flash.

Toss in a few partially obscure EMs; Fan-tas-tic and Doodle Bug.

The ultimate wide-body game: Hercules (On that subject, how about the other Atari tables like Middle Earth or Space Riders? As for Superman... uhh... yeah, licensing might be a bit much on that one.)

And because I'm an old Amiga fan, a board that would never be found in TPA: Party Land.

Oh, and another vote for Silverball Mania.

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
I'll start with the three tables I'd love to have in my own game room; Paragon, Lost World, and Flash.

Toss in a few partially obscure EMs; Fan-tas-tic and Doodle Bug.

The ultimate wide-body game: Hercules (On that subject, how about the other Atari tables like Middle Earth or Space Riders? As for Superman... uhh... yeah, licensing might be a bit much on that one.)

And because I'm an old Amiga fan, a board that would never be found in TPA: Party Land.

Oh, and another vote for Silverball Mania.

You won't see any of the tables you want in TPA.
That being said, welcome to you.

soundwave106

Nov 6, 2013
You won't see any of the tables you want in TPA.

... maybe. Paragon's one of the early solid states that people lately people have been raising a bit more requests on Facebook (ala EBD and Xenon).

If TPA throws a bone to the old tables, my guess would be they will try Xenon first, see how well it sells as a single table, and then go from there depending on how things went.

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
... maybe. Paragon's one of the early solid states that people lately people have been raising a bit more requests on Facebook (ala EBD and Xenon).

If TPA throws a bone to the old tables, my guess would be they will try Xenon first, see how well it sells as a single table, and then go from there depending on how things went.

Xenon could appear indeed but he didn't mention it.
I'm pretty sure none of the tables on the list will be released by TPA.

soundwave106

Nov 6, 2013
Xenon could appear indeed but he didn't mention it.

Paragon to me is in the second tier of the early SS tables. If Xenon is put out and sells like hotcakes, they may have to revisit their "old pins don't sell well" trope. At that point, Paragon and EBD seem to have the next most requests on the early SS (subjective impression mind you). So it has a small chance.

If Xenon doesn't sell well, Paragon will never see the light of day, of course.

I'm pretty sure the others won't appear either. Though, in a way, it's a little surprising you don't hear as much about Flash as it was a very popular pinball production wise (#3 most produced after Eight Ball and Adams Family). As the first Ritchie game I wouldn't mind it personally, sounds pretty fun and fast and furious like Firepower. My guess is, if it doesn't have the bugs Firepower has in TPA, it'd probably be enjoyable.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts