What's your favourite table you know will never come to TPA?

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
Silverball Mania
Dr. Who
Dirty Harry
WWF Royal Rumble
Freddy: A Nightmare on Elm Street (I hope I'm wrong about this one, it's my most wanted table next to "Dracula".)

Terminator

Feb 8, 2014
WWF: Royal Rumble. If it did get the green light (which I highly doubt) then I'd quit TPA through sheer shock and excitement and retire from iOS gaming.

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
For an EM game I recently played Williams Skylab (1974) and kept going back to it. It's a pretty simple EM game with a single gimmick that made it entertaining. Basically at the center of the table is a captured ball holder where you need to knock the balls from one side of the capture hold to the other in order to get the special. It was sometimes difficult but rewarding when you finally got it. The rest of the rules on the table were pretty simple but that one thing kept drawing me back for its simple play. The one thing that sucked about the table, and a lot of EMs, was it played so slow. Nothing like how fast the EMs play in TPA. So I think the quicker table play would actually make this particular table even more fun. Plus it would be nice to have another pinball machine to play where you can just relax and focus on a singular goal without having to worry about a bunch of rules to complete.

Here's a picture of the table layout:

image-6.jpg

Alternatively I think it would be fun for Farsight to do one of the old plastic Tomy type pinball machines just for the nostalgic memories. Or better yet The Fonz pinball.

llNtxck.jpg

Maybe for an April 1 release. ;)

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
For non-licensed, I am still hopeful for some of the early Bally tables but I am most concerned about Fire! and Space-Station. For licensed, I am realistic that Disney affiliated tables will not likely ever happen ever so I am most worried for Congo, Shadow, Dr. Who, Dirty Harry and Demolition Man. Plus Congo is mostly the foundation for Tron so that would be a great substitute since Tron will not be happening. Anything else is either out of the question, doable (Judge Dredd, BS Drac, etc) or not as exciting to me.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
In the license category, it's Rollergames and NBA Fastbreak for me. Non licensed? Big Bang Bar. As much as even FS wants to do it, I don't see it happening.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
For non-licensed, I am still hopeful for some of the early Bally tables but I am most concerned about Fire! and Space-Station. For licensed, I am realistic that Disney affiliated tables will not likely ever happen ever so I am most worried for Congo, Shadow, Dr. Who, Dirty Harry and Demolition Man. Plus Congo is mostly the foundation for Tron so that would be a great substitute since Tron will not be happening. Anything else is either out of the question, doable (Judge Dredd, BS Drac, etc) or not as exciting to me.

What does "Dirty Harry" have to do with Disney?

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Alternatively I think it would be fun for Farsight to do one of the old plastic Tomy type pinball machines just for the nostalgic memories. Or better yet The Fonz pinball.

llNtxck.jpg

Maybe for an April 1 release. ;)

Wow, I don't think I've seen a worse layout in my life. The top half of the playfield looks next to unreachable.

Zombie Aladdin

Mar 28, 2014
For an EM game I recently played Williams Skylab (1974) and kept going back to it. It's a pretty simple EM game with a single gimmick that made it entertaining. Basically at the center of the table is a captured ball holder where you need to knock the balls from one side of the capture hold to the other in order to get the special. It was sometimes difficult but rewarding when you finally got it. The rest of the rules on the table were pretty simple but that one thing kept drawing me back for its simple play. The one thing that sucked about the table, and a lot of EMs, was it played so slow. Nothing like how fast the EMs play in TPA. So I think the quicker table play would actually make this particular table even more fun. Plus it would be nice to have another pinball machine to play where you can just relax and focus on a singular goal without having to worry about a bunch of rules to complete.

The playfield calls itself "Spacelab" though. If it IS called Skylab, I just wanted to point out that this coming Wednesday is the 41st anniversary of Skylab's launch.

CC13

Sep 1, 2012
What does "Dirty Harry" have to do with Disney?

I think he's saying that Dirty Harry is worth worrying about re: whether or not it gets into TPA because it doesn't have anything to do with Disney, whereas the Indiana Jones, Marvel and Star Wars tables can be chalked up to Disney's strangeness regarding the licensing of its properties (then again, maybe they'll get more trigger-happy with the Lucas properties when Episode VII releases).

Anyway, given FarSight's reticence concerning EMs and early solid states, Lightning is my favorite table that I don't think will make it into TPA if current trends continue. Even given their de-emphasizing of earlier tables, FarSight don't seem to have much of an eye for Lightning, nor does it seem terribly popular on PAF; it didn't even make the lineup for the classic Stern poll and placed 17th in the Top 10 Stern/Data East/Sega poll.

Apr 8, 2012
I have a thing for the early 80s Williams tables. I would especially love to see Defender after getting to play a pristine one IRL recently, but also Blackout, Barracora, Flash, Grand Lizard, Solar Fire, Cosmic Gunfight, etc...

OmegaDef

Jan 30, 2014
Wow, I don't think I've seen a worse layout in my life. The top half of the playfield looks next to unreachable.

Hahahaha! Believe it or not, I actually own a Fonz Pinball. It plays even worse than it looks. On the bright side, I'm fairly certain I hold the world record on that "machine".

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Yeah. I was stating earlier that I am considering all Disney affiliated tables to not ever be coming. A snowballs chance in hell. So after discounting that group from consideration, Dirty Harry and others are the tables I would be worried about not making it.

ryzombie619

Feb 20, 2014
Addams Family
Dram Stoker's Dracula
Indiana Jones
Star Wars
Star Trek by Data East
Goldeneye
Batman 1989
TMNT
NBA Fastbreak
WWF Royal Rumble
Hook
Phantom of the Opera
Street Fighter
Mario Bros
Metallica
AC/DC
Simpsons Pinball Party
Lord of the Rings
Elvis
Wizard of Oz

Hmmm...yeah those are the ones I don't expect we'll ever get from TPA.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.