When are we supposed to be getting Ghostbusters?

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Thing about Zen tables though, they don't have to conform to any real-life tables and are therefore easier to make. TPA/SPA has to try and make them look and play like their real-life counterparts, at least at a respectable level, which is much more difficult to accomplish. It seems many don't realise that difference.

Too bad TPA doesn't play very realistically then. Shot physics are weird, especially shooting straight up on rolling ball, the fine tuning is often hurried overnight before the release (I was in beta testing for years) and it's barely passable. Not much love is put in tuning and it shows. You can't argue with that, it took them years and lots of complaints to go back to enable right loop shots from trap on ToM. Did they even enable it on HRC yet? Shots, feeds you name it, is many times wonky. WC94 plays like you have a full body cast and Paragon and now Fathom coming out won't have their trademark tap pass, how is that respectable?
They photograph the playfields and Stern even supplies them with original cad and art files, they'd have to try really hard to mess it up more than they do.

Last edited:

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Ignore the haters switch3flip, you're right.

They did fix HRC's right orbit along with ToM's. But each of these fixed shots (also AFM's right ramp) still feels wrong. The timing window is too tight for each of them, because it still wasn't really tuned correctly in its own right but just had a small "transfer point" carved out from existing ones.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Ignore the haters switch3flip, you're right.

They did fix HRC's right orbit along with ToM's. But each of these fixed shots (also AFM's right ramp) still feels wrong. The timing window is too tight for each of them, because it still wasn't really tuned correctly in its own right but just had a small "transfer point" carved out from existing ones.

Swittys actually a good friend and got the humour, nerd

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
This'll have to do while I wait I guess?
dc8fc21631365f6c4bc49f1d6e615960.jpg

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
My local GB is a buck to play....meh, it was fun the first time, but that's too rich for my blood, especially when there's an AFM, GoT, TWD, etc. right next to it for 50 cents. Operators need to realize that the average players aren't going to shell out more just cause something is new, especially when the diehard players won't even do it... and you know today's kids definitely won't put a buck in the Aerosmith next to the GB since they don't give a flying **** about some washed up rock band lol.

Last edited:

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
My local GB is a buck to play....meh, it was fun the first time, but that's too rich for my blood, especially when there's an AFM, GoT, TWD, etc. right next to it for 50 cents. Operators need to realize that the average players aren't going to shell out more just cause something is new, especially when the diehard players won't even do it... and you know today's kids definitely won't put a buck in the Aerosmith next to the GB since they don't give a flying **** about some washed up rock band lol.

the dollar a game thing is all psychological for me, I will play 50-75cent games endlessly without a thought and only play 1 or 2 times on a game that costs a dollar - hopefully it has a 3 plays for $2 - and I will do that once. So basically I will drop 4-6 dollars on the "cheap" games and only 1-2 dollars on the "expensive" games.

I really do like the rock themed pins - but honestly not to excited about the bands. I did like Metallica and AC/DC back in the day, but like the tables more. Kiss i never listened to but respect the pin history and love the new table. Rolling stones, never listen too, table is ok. Aerosmith, I like the table but seriously, who is still jamming out to aerosmith? When I heard the next table was going to be Iron Maiden, I was questioning if Stern just wants to stay popular with a very specific age and type of audience yearning for nostalgia and forget about growing pinball with the younger audience.

I couldn't say what music theme would resonate with the pinball crowd and be accessible to everyone. If it was limited to a rock genre I would want a black keys or chili peppers table. Otherwise a dubstep table with a huge sound system and sub woofer.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Like a reskinned bop where you put yer balls in lady Gagas face while she sings P.O. P.O. P.O. poker face? Some bands really suit pinballs frenetic visceral gameplay but some really don’t imo. Sterns choices sometimes raise an eyebrow, I wonder why they never contracted with Motörhead as lemme actually was a huge gamer, even if he spent most of that time on trivia machines heh. Ace of spades in mustang is worth the price of the table

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I'll always maintain that a ZZ Top pin in their mid-80s Eliminator-era chrome style would look great. It'd also automatically have the best soundtrack of any pin ever made, well, I'll reserve judgment until I get wind of the Iron Maiden tunes. But - there will be a riot if Hallowed Be Thy Name isn't among them.

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
I "heard" (pinball people talking) that the iron maiden table was canned because a certain designer was fired - And they might re-theme it as something else in the future. Just speculating here but probably quiet riot, judas priest, black sabbath, def leppard, dokken, krokus, motley crue, slayer or some other 70-80's heavy metal that is still on stern's iPod playlist.

strells

Oct 7, 2014
I'll always maintain that a ZZ Top pin in their mid-80s Eliminator-era chrome style would look great. It'd also automatically have the best soundtrack of any pin ever made, well, I'll reserve judgment until I get wind of the Iron Maiden tunes. But - there will be a riot if Hallowed Be Thy Name isn't among them.

Guitar-spinning toy! Love the idea of it!

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012

Sign me up. I still think a Jimi pin would take the cake tho, if done properly. The flow would have to be top notch.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Once again, after attending a show and playing a real one, I really really need Ghostbusters. Almost enough to blow $8k of my savings to get one in my basement... but I'd rather only lay out $10.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.