When are we supposed to be getting Ghostbusters?

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
The ironic thing for me is that, since Stern Pinball Arcade came out last year, my City now has 3 Ghostbuster pins on location - two Pros and a (superior) Premium. I've played the game so much that I don't know that I even care about playing it in SPA.

It's one of Stern's best sellers, too. Every day my Twitter feed pops up a new location for the game from Pinball Map.

My High Score is 3.5 billion, I feel good about that.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
The ironic thing for me is that, since Stern Pinball Arcade came out last year, my City now has 3 Ghostbuster pins on location - two Pros and a (superior) Premium. I've played the game so much that I don't know that I even care about playing it in SPA.

It's one of Stern's best sellers, too. Every day my Twitter feed pops up a new location for the game from Pinball Map.

My High Score is 3.5 billion, I feel good about that.

Lucky duck. I have a GB Pro about a 35 minute drive away. Haven’t broken a billion on it yet. Been in the 9’s twice, but can’t crack that billion. I’ve only played the premium at pin shows. But I agree, the pro is good, but the premium looks and plays better. Magna slings are so cool! How freaky is that multiball mode where you have reversed flipper buttons? Such a mind-f***.

BBIAJ

Jul 31, 2012
Does it happen on the premium table as well? It looks as though the landing collision on the right ramp is broken.

I noticed that there was a patch for Stern Pinball Arcade on Xbox One tonight, played a few games of Ghostbusters LE, and the ball no longer falls through the feature and drains on the right, at least, it didn't on the couple of occasions that I made that shot.

Is it safe to assume that is what was patched, and if so, is it possible to get some sort of confirmation, along with any other bug fixes that may have been included alongside this?

Cheers!

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
I noticed that there was a patch for Stern Pinball Arcade on Xbox One tonight, played a few games of Ghostbusters LE, and the ball no longer falls through the feature and drains on the right, at least, it didn't on the couple of occasions that I made that shot.

Is it safe to assume that is what was patched, and if so, is it possible to get some sort of confirmation, along with any other bug fixes that may have been included alongside this?

Cheers!

Not to be negative this morning but I'm a little ornery today so here goes - this has been requested many times on many platforms. It would take a dev manager literally 5 minutes to put together a text document with release notes, just hit on the big things that have been fixed/updated, so people don't have to guess which bugs were resolved or try to figure it out by trial and error. It would be a nice show of respect for paying customers.

Spork98765

Jul 3, 2015
Not to be negative this morning but I'm a little ornery today so here goes - this has been requested many times on many platforms. It would take a dev manager literally 5 minutes to put together a text document with release notes, just hit on the big things that have been fixed/updated, so people don't have to guess which bugs were resolved or try to figure it out by trial and error. It would be a nice show of respect for paying customers.

Maybe it can be the next KickStarter for FarSight - To hire someone to spend the 5 minutes a month/biannually to write the release notes that aren't entirely: "new table released, bugs fixed."

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
WC94 plays like you have a full body cast

:D It does!

It´s a shame, because I´ve been awaiting that Popadiuk design for a while, but the tuning makes it a chore to play. Other tables like Attack From Mars are very speedy and enjoyable by comparison. Hurricane, on the other hand, feels like the ball is moving through sludge.

It´s one thing I appreciate about Zen Pinball (even if I only really enjoy a handful of their tables, mostly due to the lack of good audio design) - you can always rely on the physics to be as you expect them, even if different tables have slightly different tuning.

Last edited:

TFHFony

Mar 9, 2017
OMG... Farsight... really???
OK, so... finally, 2 weeks later then the US, we get our release of Ghostbuster. But, Farsight doesn't seem to be able to even do that right.
Although I have bought both table packs, I am still getting the "comming soon" on SPA... Why? Becuase Farsight didn't release the new main game file. We still have the 1.0 version from last April. The only way to get the table at the moment is to pay for the seperate download @ 9,99 Euro's, which I will not do of course, since I already paid for both table packs.
In the meantime I have tried to restore the licenses, I have removed and re-installed the game, but I keep getting v1.0 without GhostBusters.

And it's even worse:
I noticed that although they are available in the game, according to the PSN store I can still buy Phantom of the Opera (@4,99), AC/DC, Star Trek & Mustang (@9,99), which is weird as they are included in the table packs 1 & 2. The tables also work (as they should).
But because of this, I am also unable to purchase the LE packs because when I want to purchase them, the PSN store doesn't allow me to do this since I don't own AC/DC, Star Trek, etc...

Pfff, I really wish Farsight would get their act together and solve these issues (and do some form of communication about this)...

BBIAJ

Jul 31, 2012
OMG... Farsight... really???
OK, so... finally, 2 weeks later then the US, we get our release of Ghostbuster. But, Farsight doesn't seem to be able to even do that right.
Although I have bought both table packs, I am still getting the "comming soon" on SPA... Why? Becuase Farsight didn't release the new main game file. We still have the 1.0 version from last April. The only way to get the table at the moment is to pay for the seperate download @ 9,99 Euro's, which I will not do of course, since I already paid for both table packs.
In the meantime I have tried to restore the licenses, I have removed and re-installed the game, but I keep getting v1.0 without GhostBusters.

And it's even worse:
I noticed that although they are available in the game, according to the PSN store I can still buy Phantom of the Opera (@4,99), AC/DC, Star Trek & Mustang (@9,99), which is weird as they are included in the table packs 1 & 2. The tables also work (as they should).
But because of this, I am also unable to purchase the LE packs because when I want to purchase them, the PSN store doesn't allow me to do this since I don't own AC/DC, Star Trek, etc...

Pfff, I really wish Farsight would get their act together and solve these issues (and do some form of communication about this)...

I'm not sure if this explains anything:

The LE tables are sold as two bundles. The bundles require you to own the Premium versions of the tables before you can purchase them. LE pack 1 contains both AC/DC LE tables and the Star Trek LE table. LE pack 2 contains the Mustang LE and the Ghost Busters LE. The LE tables are not available for purchase individually at this time.

TFHFony

Mar 9, 2017
I'm not sure if this explains anything:

Thanks for thinking with me :)
But I own these tables. They are included in pack 1 & pack 2. I am perfectly able to play the premium tables of StarTrek & AC/DC in SPA, but I can't purchase the LE packs.

thefly0810

Feb 13, 2014
Thanks for thinking with me :)
But I own these tables. They are included in pack 1 & pack 2. I am perfectly able to play the premium tables of StarTrek & AC/DC in SPA, but I can't purchase the LE packs.

In the same boat on the PS4. Bought both table packs, all the tables are unlocked in game, but the PSN store lists all the premium tables for purchase for $9.99, though I already own them. The Limited Editions still are listed as "content not available" when I try to purchase L.E. packs.

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
In the same boat on the PS4. Bought both table packs, all the tables are unlocked in game, but the PSN store lists all the premium tables for purchase for $9.99, though I already own them. The Limited Editions still are listed as "content not available" when I try to purchase L.E. packs.

Same here (USA)......"not available" even though I own all previous SPA content. When I go to addons through the game's launch icon, those LE edition bundles aren't even showing up, nor do they show up when you search for Stern Pinball Arcade on PSN, then going to the addons. I have to look at "new addons" through PSN to even see them, but then "unavailable".....clicking on "tell me more" says that I do not own the tables, which I most certainly do.

I'm sorry, but I refuse to believe that this is Sony's fault in any way whatsoever. While Sony might bungle stuff on PSN on occasion, this sort of stuff happens all the time with Farsight.

TFHFony

Mar 9, 2017

In the meantime I have contacted customer support and they have asked me to supply them with some screenshots & proof of purchase, so... we will see how soon this gets solved. I'll keep you guys posted.

Thenecu

Apr 28, 2017
Sooo i bought Ghostbusters table on my PS4 but still can't play it as in game is still showin coming soon.....rly?!!!! Waiting sooo long for it, first Xbox have it, then USA region, waiting long time for finally coming to EU region, paid for it and i can't play?!

TFHFony

Mar 9, 2017
Sooo i bought Ghostbusters table on my PS4 but still can't play it as in game is still showin coming soon.....rly?!!!! Waiting sooo long for it, first Xbox have it, then USA region, waiting long time for finally coming to EU region, paid for it and i can't play?!

Probably because the main game file is still v1.0 (still not updated to 1.02 which is needed for GhostBusters). FarSight and/or Sony has/have done only half their/it's job(s).

Thenecu

Apr 28, 2017
Probably because the main game file is still v1.0 (still not updated to 1.02 which is needed for GhostBusters). FarSight and/or Sony has/have done only half their/it's job(s).

Yeah i get that, but don't you think it's a bit ridicioulous? Waiting for it 2 weeks longer than USA region (why if the table is done, onyl different region?!) ...anyway 2 weeks later you going to ps store after update yeees finaly there.....and then poof only being pissed off more as table is ready, paid for it....but wait can't play it. It woudln't be so bad if at least i will know how long it will take, but knowing them..ehhhhhhh

TFHFony

Mar 9, 2017
Yeah i get that, but don't you think it's a bit ridicioulous? Waiting for it 2 weeks longer than USA region (why if the table is done, onyl different region?!) ...anyway 2 weeks later you going to ps store after update yeees finaly there.....and then poof only being pissed off more as table is ready, paid for it....but wait can't play it. It woudln't be so bad if at least i will know how long it will take, but knowing them..ehhhhhhh

A bit ridiculous is an understatement for me. Farsight is just busy confirming their reputation with not communicating, not bug-fixing, keeping their users waiting (Season 6 is still not complete in TPA on PS4), etc...
It's a pitty I like to play these tables, so I have to accept this from Farsight ;'(

Anyway, haven't received any update from them,..

Thenecu

Apr 28, 2017
Surprisingly at the late evening I've got the update and I'm able to play Ghostbusters now...looks like it's still ver before patch still with ball drain problem but at least can start to play, learn the table and wait for the patch :)

TFHFony

Mar 9, 2017
Surprisingly at the late evening I've got the update and I'm able to play Ghostbusters now...looks like it's still ver before patch still with ball drain problem but at least can start to play, learn the table and wait for the patch :)
Thanks for the notice: Indeed, I was also able to download v1.01 and am able to play GhostBusters now.
There is no drain problem btw. Just let the ball bounce of the right flipper and don't do anything when it comes out of the left sinkhole. That will work fine.
I really love how the table looks, sounds & feels. I don't have the energy today (feeling quite sick) to actually have good session, but the first impression is pretty good. I'm gonna enjoy myself this weekend.

Members online

Members online