Zaccaria Pinball - Farfalla (1983) Bugs & Feedback

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Hi there,
I downloaded the latest update (2.0) but I still find that the angle with which the ball is hit by the upper parts of the flippers is too wide, thus making very hard to hit the central targets with a more straight shot. Directioning the ball to the center part of the table seems to be not possible. I watched a couple of videos of real Farfalla machines and the behaviour is indeed different.
Does anybody agree? @Zsolt: do you plan to have a look? (thank you:)

Yes. This has been brought up before. For example, on Robot, to get the ramp you have to flip almost right after releasing a trapped ball from the right flipper. Shooting real early is the best you can do right now.

Pavig

Oct 29, 2013
I can't shoot the centre with a fast rolling or cradled shot, but have no problems shooting the center (and even doing backhands) by juggling. I.e. Letting the ball roll off a raised flipper onto the other then shooting with that. Using this technique the centre shots are very easy.
Edit: After a replay I do admit that shots from a cradled ball do tend to shoot further away from the center than seems correct. I have just learned to play around it. What do you think of Time Machine (which IRL has more angled center flippers than in this sim) and Hot Wheels, which everyone seems to mention regarding easy aiming and backhands?

Last edited:

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
Though not really a bug, don't you think collecting the multispecial should award an extra ball? A lot of work to get there and no EB. Just some lady saying that she likes playing with me. :p Also noticed that completion of the orange drop targets four times does not award EB either. I'm just going off the TNT video above. I know it's a setting and can be turned off, but come on. At least award for the multispecial.
Played FARFALLA and didn't get the EB, either. I think I just got nothing. On the upper level there's usually a Special, too. Not here. I don't understand the philosophy of eradicating the table goals. Are this just bugs?

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
Bug - The move ramp stationary target on the right side of the ramp doesn't work. The left move ramp target and the one behind the blue drop targets both move the ramp with one shot.

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
When the ball goes to the upper playfield the lower flippers get nonresponsive and if the ball comes down the ramp my ball is lost. On the real table only the upper flippers get activated and inactivated. I'm not sure now but other tables have this bug, too.

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
When the ball goes to the upper playfield the lower flippers get nonresponsive and if the ball comes down the ramp my ball is lost. On the real table only the upper flippers get activated and inactivated. I'm not sure now but other tables have this bug, too.
What a nice remark you had! :) Will be fixed in the next update.

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
When the ball hits the slingshots on low speed it regularly drops dead and falls down on the flippers.

Last edited:

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
Its a pitty that its not possible to record on screen videos of a gameplay cause this was a good example of a ball with freaked sidespin, on the pic below theres the ball sitting on top of the left slingshot while it just kept on spinning full speed, a remarkable stunt

f0e0acacb4c15d2446ec7195df68865e.jpg

And this was posted before but just as a reminder, the right move ramp target doesnt do anything.

9e87dc6af09a85ae56f81b35d66e3b58.jpg

Last edited:

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
Its a pitty that it isnt possible to record an on screen video of a gameplay cause this was a good example of a ball with a freaked sidespin, on the pic below theres the ball sitting on top of the left slingshot while it just kept on spinning full speed, a remarkable stunt
Obviously the Spin doesn't really spin the ball. Otherwise it would spin off. I can confirm the situation and a nudge helps.

Last edited:

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
Obviously the Spin doesnt really spin the ball. Otherwise it would spin off. I can confirm the situation and a nudge helps.

yes i nudged it afterwards but wanted to make a screenshot first and post this, cause the funny was it just kept on goin and didnt move the ball at all.

Last edited:

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
Its a pitty that its not possible to record on screen videos of a gameplay cause this was a good example of a ball with freaked sidespin, on the pic below theres the ball sitting on top of the left slingshot while it just kept on spinning full speed, a remarkable stunt

And this was posted before but just as a reminder, the right move ramp target doesnt do anything.
Both of them will be fixed in the next update, thanks!

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
Not sure if the 3.1 update with the launcher adjustment caused this, but the ball now gets stuck at the top of the launch ramp using a normal size ball (literally not fitting through the ring at the end) - if I switch to the small size ball it goes through just fine

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
Not sure if the 3.1 update with the launcher adjustment caused this, but the ball now gets stuck at the top of the launch ramp using a normal size ball (literally not fitting through the ring at the end) - if I switch to the small size ball it goes through just fine
Thank you very much. Yes, it is caused by launcher adjustment, will be fixed in the next update!

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
Hi Zsolt yes same here, the ball gets stuck in the corner at the top while it spins at considerable speed, and happens actually 8 out of 10 times.

87f65b95d918f398f623bf16b7c0ec3c.jpg

PBallGizard

Jan 30, 2014
That's odd. I am not having this issue with the normal sized ball. Early on, I used to have this problem when I was trying out different physics settings recommended by users. I now use the default "arcade" physics.

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
That's odd. I am not having this issue with the normal sized ball. Early on, I used to have this problem when I was trying out different physics settings recommended by users. I now use the default "arcade" physics.

Me too. They seem to be great "physics"

PBallGizard

Jan 30, 2014
Hmm. I played Farfarella yesterday several times without incident. Now I'm having a problem with the ball getting stuck in the left side of the plunger. The ball loads and then rolls to the left side of the plunge alley. Too far to the left for the plunger to make contact. Call Attendent has no effect.
One thing I've noticed with the latest update is that on several tables, the ball catches on the left when plunging if you don't wait long enough for it to quit rocking left and right when it first loads.

Edit: Restarting the app seems to have fixed the problem with the ball getting stuck at the plunger.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.