Zaccaria Pinball - Farfalla (1983) Bugs & Feedback

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
Hmm. I played Farfarella yesterday several times without incident. Now I'm having a problem with the ball getting stuck in the left side of the plunger. The ball loads and then rolls to the left side of the plunge alley. Too far to the left for the plunger to make contact. Call Attendent has no effect.
One thing I've noticed with the latest update is that on several tables, the ball catches on the left when plunging if you don't wait long enough for it to quit rocking left and right when it first loads.

Will try to replicate. Stand by......,

It happened immediately for me. The ball rolls side to side then stops to left so I would assume the only way to plumage is if you're lucky enough to hit the ball while it's rocking back and forth.

Bummer. I love this table

P.s. If you're actually able to hit the ball it gets stuck at the top of the lane and won't go onto the play field. So now this makes two tables (soccer Kings, Farfella) that are unplayable since update

Last edited:

PBallGizard

Jan 30, 2014
Reagan, did you see my edit re: Farfarella? Shutting down and restarting the app appears to have fixed the hang.
Also, I am not having any problems with Soccer Kings.

PBallGizard

Jan 30, 2014
I can't play Farfalla. Zaccaria Pinball now crashes constantly.

It's bizarre that you say this. After reading your post, I had my first crash of Zaccaria. Now, when I load a table, it is zoomed in to where the plunger view fills the screen. When I release, the view remains zoomed and follows the ball up the alley, then the screen goes brown, then black. The score continues to increase until it drains, then I go back to the zoomed plunger view.
I have exited the app and done a hard shutdown on my iPad. The problem persists.
On the plus side, the graphics hold up well zoomed up close. :rolleyes:

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
FANTASTIC. now no matter which table I open the game cashes. Tried both hard and soft resets and NOTHING. I can't open any table

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
Hey Zsolt! What's up? Suddenly every single table now crashes my iPad mini, retina when I try to open them. I'm on system 7.1.2 I believe or 7.2. Never had a problem until the whole Soccer king issue this am. Now nothing works

PBallGizard

Jan 30, 2014
Dang Reagan! Now I'm afraid to play anymore. For the record, it's still working on mine and I'm on 7.0.6, so I don't think it's necessarily an iOS 8 optimization side effect thing. I am having weird stuff happening. Also, the ball is sticking at the plunger again.

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
I did yet another hard reset and was able to play some tables. Soccer kings and farfarella are both unplayable as the ball gets stuck at the top of the plunger lane. Also, space shuttle drains almost immediately no mater what you do to shake the table etc.......

Not sure what has happened since we've had very few problems with Zac tables. Also? Most of the tables are almost impossible to plunge due to the fact that they have changed the plunger strength. I usually have to try two or three times to plunge. Also the ball rolls back and forth from left to right as you try to plunge. Very obnoxious. Please guys, go back to your old settings!!!

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
Do a hard reset. Holding both the top button and lower power bottom the entire time it takes to turn off the power cycle, once the Apple logo comes on the screen then let go. You should be able to play tables that work

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
Hi Zsolt yes same here, the ball gets stuck in the corner at the top while it spins at considerable speed, and happens actually 8 out of 10 times.

87f65b95d918f398f623bf16b7c0ec3c.jpg

Quite a bummer, this great table is practically unplayable now.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Quite a bummer, this great table is practically unplayable now.
Practically? I can't play it at all now :( Even tried tinkering with all the physics settings and none make a difference. Shame, because I'm looking at buying an IRL Farfalla and wanted to give it a few more goes before deciding.

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
Practically? I can't play it at all now :( Even tried tinkering with all the physics settings and none make a difference. Shame, because I'm looking at buying an IRL Farfalla and wanted to give it a few more goes before deciding.

If you change the ball size to small it will launch through the eyehole at the top and you can play the table

74-89

May 2, 2014
If you change the ball size to small it will launch through the eyehole at the top and you can play the table

I started using the small size ball and it seems to have improved the playfield dynamics. Looks and feels better.

PBallGizard

Jan 30, 2014
IOS 3.3. The ball repeatedly gets stuck behind the bumper located directly above the orange drop targets. It's almost like it drops into the bumper and disappears. I use the small ball.

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
Guessing nudging doesn't work? Does this ever happen when using normal size ball? The small ball might just be getting wedged and stuck due to its physical size.

I actually have an issue with the call attendant feature (in TPA as well) - it will "save" a stuck ball by returning it to the plunger - at the cost of a ball!!! In real life if your ball is stuck on the playfield and there is an attendant available to remove the glass and get the ball they place it in the plunge lane and you continue on with that ball - never once have they rescued the ball and then thrown it in plunge saying "there ya go!!!" -zacc and TPA should fix this - stuck ball = lost ball = hurt feelings

PBallGizard

Jan 30, 2014
Guessing nudging doesn't work? Does this ever happen when using normal size ball? The small ball might just be getting wedged and stuck due to its physical size.

I actually have an issue with the call attendant feature (in TPA as well) - it will "save" a stuck ball by returning it to the plunger - at the cost of a ball!!! In real life if your ball is stuck on the playfield and there is an attendant available to remove the glass and get the ball they place it in the plunge lane and you continue on with that ball - never once have they rescued the ball and then thrown it in plunge saying "there ya go!!!" -zacc and TPA should fix this - stuck ball = lost ball = hurt feelings

Nudging didn't help. And I nudged plenty! I haven't tried with the larger balls. The small ones look like the right size to me. I've tried using the larger ones, but it feels like I'm playing with a golf ball.
I totally agree that we shouldn't be penalized by calling attendant. I've mentioned this a couple of times before. TPA doesn't do that.

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
I think the normal ball feels about right - large is too much like a golf ball.

Now I think about it I have never got a ball stuck in TPA - I sometimes hit on accident ( rage quitting) and it says ball not stuck.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.