A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
Locomotion table in full glory!

hwwdiw.jpg

23h6syf.jpg

8wcl8x.jpg

night

May 18, 2012
Yes, soft diffused light fx, dreamy, almost romantic! Very realistic, very beautiful. I would like to see this in action, I hope my iPad2 still can handle all this eye-candy, otherwise my iPhone6 will.

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
amazing!
I'll be honest about not being a particular fan of EM pinball tables(prefer the DMD era) but your dedication and amazing quality of work convinced me to go Gold.
Great work!

tripleplonq

Dec 3, 2012
I think the reflection is still a little too strong especially near the bumpers (3rd screenshot).
It would be nice if all the new effects could be adjusted and/or disabled manually.

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
Mega Update, Mega Cool, Mega Team!!! Oh yeah, and all around Mega Product!!!

Have a great weekend hope fully we will have our update by no later then the middle of the week following Mondays dump to Apple.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
Zsolt,

Were you able to address the top of the center dan wheel on black belt in this update? i think it's supposed to be a slingshot, but the ball can just sit there. it's documented in the black belt thread with photos.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
also just going through the change list again, this struck me --

"LED MOD that changes color of the lightmaps during playing. There are 3 choices: Original (Orange), LED (White) and RGB LED (Random)."

That's going to be a game changer (no pun intended) this is something TPA can never do, due to their contract with Stern. I've wondered what Zacc tables with different color light schemes would look like. if it's possible to eventually do all combinations of colors, this would be EPIC!

Last edited:

PBallGizard

Jan 30, 2014
Yes, soft diffused light fx, dreamy, almost romantic! Very realistic, very beautiful. I would like to see this in action, I hope my iPad2 still can handle all this eye-candy, otherwise my iPhone6 will.

Night, I appoint you as my iPad 2 guinea pig. I'm starting to worry about the upgrades. As long as we have the option of disabling the fancy stuff, I will be happy. I've already had to cut Light Mapping to the lowest level in order to have smooth gameplay.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
What an update list!! : ooo

In the screenshots, the Locomotion test glow looks a little too strong right around the lights--the lighting is blown out and you can't make out any detail. Although come to think of it that's a problem even in the current version with the default dark mode lightmap strength setting, so hopefully the configuration sliders will be able to take care of that like they can with the current lightmaps.

night

May 18, 2012
Night, I appoint you as my iPad 2 guinea pig. I'm starting to worry about the upgrades. As long as we have the option of disabling the fancy stuff, I will be happy. I've already had to cut Light Mapping to the lowest level in order to have smooth gameplay.

You had to set it to the lowest level? I didn't change a thing, it runs smooth on mine. (I do play with background set to off and particles set to off, but this is how I like it, not sure if that would change performance).

PBallGizard

Jan 30, 2014
You had to set it to the lowest level? I didn't change a thing, it runs smooth on mine. (I do play with background set to off and particles set to off, but this is how I like it, not sure if that would change performance).

Not for every table, but for quite a few. When the system is taxed, instead of the ball rolling smoothly I get a stuttered, dotted line. Since light mapping is a global setting, rather than change it from table to table, I leave it turned down. It's not a constant problem, but it shows up regularly on some tables. Robot, Shooting the Rapids, etc.
I also have background, particles, and glass turned off.

It may be that the new motion blur might help. Or it could be an extra layer of processing the my lowly iPad can't handle. We'll see.

night

May 18, 2012
Not for every table, but for quite a few. When the system is taxed, instead of the ball rolling smoothly I get a stuttered, dotted line. Since light mapping is a global setting, rather than change it from table to table, I leave it turned down. It's not a constant problem, but it shows up regularly on some tables. Robot, Shooting the Rapids, etc.
I also have background, particles, and glass turned off.

It may be that the new motion blur might help. Or it could be an extra layer of processing the my lowly iPad can't handle. We'll see.

You and I have the same iPad and mine runs smooth. There must be something else causing these issues. My settings: glass reflection on (and glass type on 'clean') and Lightmap refresh rate is on 'normal', metal and reflexion are on as well.

haj

Sep 28, 2012
OMG! The update is simply amazing. I'm totally speechless. Thank you ASK team so much for the hard work. I mean it!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.