Zaccaria Pinball - new physics engine

W1LDD ONE

Jul 21, 2013
I feel out of all these tables "Magic Castle" is my focused table of choice. I reached (3 Million) this morning and I just woke up played almost 15 minutes straight and almost hit for (4 Million). The nudge control in portrait mode is fantastic to keep control of the ball looses. I'am truly now dedicated to learning these Zaccaria tables. The one thing I have come to grips with is that if you do not nudge you will never last long on a Zaccaria table.
I never use nudge on TPA or Zen but it's fun in Zaccaria to nudge and not 100% Tilt and loose your ball. Great job Zaccaria!

Having A Blast!!!

Last edited:

tripleplonq

Dec 3, 2012
Yes there are some odd little things that can occur in the current physics - I've had the ball come to a stop balanced on some pretty impossible spots.

When I was younger I had two EM pinballs and the ball sometimes found the most fascinating resting positions.
- Behind one of the bumpers.
- On an inlane rollover switch.
- Everywhere else where the ball can be put in a balanced position by hand.

I also like how the ball sometimes rests beside the swinging target on 'Hot Wheels'. Seeing this the first time made me actually laugh out loud.
Im certain that I have seen this on a real 'Space Mission' machine in the 80's.

Zevious Zoquis

Jul 27, 2013
When I was younger I had two EM pinballs and the ball sometimes found the most fascinating resting positions.
- Behind one of the bumpers.
- On an inlane rollover switch.
- Everywhere else where the ball can be put in a balanced position by hand.

I also like how the ball sometimes rests beside the swinging target on 'Hot Wheels'. Seeing this the first time made me actually laugh out loud.
Im certain that I have seen this on a real 'Space Mission' machine in the 80's.

Yeah, certainly that sort of thing I understand. However, I've had the ball stop balanced on the top of circular objects like stoppers on a couple of occasions.

tripleplonq

Dec 3, 2012
I feel out of all these tables "Magic Castle" is my focused table of choice. I reached (3 Million) this morning and I just woke up played almost 15 minutes straight and almost hit for (4 Million). The nudge control in portrait mode is fantastic to keep control of the ball looses. I'am truly now dedicated to learning these Zaccaria tables. The one thing I have come to grips with is that if you do not nudge you will never last long on a Zaccaria table.
I never use nudge on TPA or Zen but it's fun in Zaccaria to nudge and not 100% Tilt and loose your ball. Great job Zaccaria!

Having A Blast!!!

That's great to hear. I'm certain you will enjoy and master the other tables too when you've learned to use the nudging controls intuitively. At least that is my experience. Nudging really makes a hell of a difference and the way it's implemented nearly perfect (IMO).

W1LDD ONE

Jul 21, 2013
Agreed "triple" I think in portrait mode and nudge I now have great control. Trying to master "Pinball Champ" now I'am in first place with just over 2 million. I think I can quickly now learn to control nudge on just about any table now.
Great Pinball from Zaccaria I just never gave this app half the chance in the past. Glad I stuck with it and I have received some great help from "Night" as well. Thanks everyone for your tips. Highly appreciated!

Last edited:

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
I love the Zaccaria pinball app, it's pretty great. I do think slings need an adjustment though. Real slings are triggered more when the ball hits closer to the middle while the Zaccaria app triggers the slings even when the ball hit close to the edge of the slings (ie: near the posts). As well, the ball will slide on a real sling without triggering the sling while it does not seem to do so in the app. In my opinion, if a sling is 100 units long, then the ball hitting between unit 1-20 and 81-100 should not trigger the slings... But that's just my opinion and it's certainly not scientific :)

This is not an "end of the world" issue but it's something that I think if fixed would elevate the app even more. I would love to hear others opinions on this.

W1LDD ONE

Jul 21, 2013
I finally just now got over a (Million) on "Farfalla" a great accomplishment on this table. I love this table, I was on the 5th ball with 917,000 points and I saved two times with the outer left flipper kickback and then went into overtime with 31 seconds and ended my game at 1,070,330. Whew!!!

Thanks again "Night" for the physics adjustments extremely helpful.

Having A Blast!

Last edited:

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
I love how this game has come along :) one request I have is that something be done about the Game Center scoring for this game. I am listed as not ranked on Space Shuttle and House of Diamonds, this happens to me frequently. When I report it in these threads it seems like Zsolt is taking care of it because when the game updates it will show my rank. My highest score on Space Shuttle is 1733770 and my personal best on HOD is 3240600. I think maybe the scoreboard should be preset to the 10millions place, I would love to see an accurate indication of how I stack up all time. Who knows how achievable this kind of score will be when the new update kicks in, I cant wait to see!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.