Zaccaria Pinball - new physics engine

W1LDD ONE

Jul 21, 2013
Just curious "Night" do you think (Spooky) & (Stars Phoenix) will most likely follow after
(Mystic Star)? I see under Wiki. there are at least 46 Zaccaria tables that exist do you think more tables will follow later when we complete the 27 table gold pack?
Thanks.

Last edited:

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
Yeah, Mystic Star is the next table :)

sp93cn.jpg

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
Hi Zsolt, wow., this new engine really makes the difference and so great to notice big progressions between the first and the second video with some tweaks here and there 👍

Yesterday i played some Locomotion while having the gameplay of the second vid in mind and man, whata difference !!,

There's somuch more action and bounce between the ball and rubber objects happening on the table with less stiffness and it looks much more alive, i also notice much less draining on the video (hopefully on the other tables too) and specially the flipper action and control clearly improved.

So for a first release we are coming pretty close, though a noticable difference when comparing the vids of real Zaccs with the second video is the difference in ball speed sometimes.

Sometimes when the ball bounces between rubber objects its going so fast that it becomes pretty difficult to follow the ball movements, and as far as i can see this is not occuring on the real Zaccs which such a speed, but im sure with some finetuning here and there a nice balanced setting can be found.

Cant wait to check it out and im specially curious how the other tables will react to the new physics, a BIG compliment to you Guys 👍

O, and the layout of the homescreen looks somuch better !

Zevious Zoquis

Jul 27, 2013
Love the work that's being done. Looks like the next update could be a real corker! :)

I agree with Flipper Bump regarding the ball speed in the last vid. Looks too fast at times to me.

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
Yes Mistic Star looks beautifull and while looking at its picture., wouldnt it be nice to modify the colours of the flippers abit so that they match with the colour layout of the different tables ?

gsxrboy

Feb 21, 2012
Oh I forget to mention that we also work on a new menu system for Zaccaria Pinball to has more logical structure and clear look. As well as portrait/landscape handling will be correct.

You're doing awesome work matey, keep up the greatness :)

night

May 18, 2012
Mystic Star looks bloody good, great artwork on the playfield. Love retro space themes.

Just curious "Night" do you think (Spooky) & (Stars Phoenix) will most likely follow after
(Mystic Star)? I see under Wiki. there are at least 46 Zaccaria tables that exist do you think more tables will follow later when we complete the 27 table gold pack?
Thanks.

I have no idea, only Zsolt knows the answers. But I do hope that the developments of new Zac tables will continue after we reached the 27 tables. I don't mind paying more for a new 'pack' if that is what it takes. In TPA the focus is more on the popular tables with the DMD's and the toys. Which is good, but thanks to ASK we will be able to play these great obscure retro tables. So we have best of both worlds.

W1LDD ONE

Jul 21, 2013
Agreed! Night. The best of both worlds!

"Spooky" would be a cool Halloween table release. Just saying.

Last edited:

Pavig

Oct 29, 2013
Yup several retheming of other Zac tables and some conversion kits for Williams imports I think, or one of the other big names.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
So would we want to see the rethemes make an appearance in the Zacc app considering they are identical in gameplay to other tables already in the collection?

night

May 18, 2012
The gap between flippers looks pretty small. That's easier to play ;)

You can set the flipper gap in the menu, smaller and normal. You can even change the ball size if you want to. (Not sure why someone want's to do that).

night

May 18, 2012
So would we want to see the rethemes make an appearance in the Zacc app considering they are identical in gameplay to other tables already in the collection?

If the artwork is different I would say yes, but Space City is identical looking to Future World, so that would not make any sense.

W1LDD ONE

Jul 21, 2013
Question: What is with the tables that have the flippers next to the outer lanes? I have never knocked a ball back up from draining from the outer lane. It just holds the ball for a second and continues to drain. What am I doing wrong. Thanks.

Zevious Zoquis

Jul 27, 2013
Question: What is with the tables that have the flippers next to the outer lanes? I have never knocked a ball back up from draining from the outer lane. It just holds the ball for a second and continues to drain. What am I doing wrong. Thanks.

Timing. :) I've saved lots of balls with the little outlane flippers. I've even on one or two occasions saved a ball on one side only to have it loop gracefully over to the other side where I've saved it a second time. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.