Zaccaria Pinball - new physics engine

W1LDD ONE

Jul 21, 2013
Ok....thanks.

I just finally saved a ball on "Magic Castle"
That's my first save ever on these tables I guess I need to focus on these tables more.
These tables are way more challenging than TPA.

Last edited:

night

May 18, 2012
Yes, and you only have 1 change. It's hard but I find it easier than the magna save in Black Knight, I hardly ever catch a ball.

Zevious Zoquis

Jul 27, 2013
What table was that?

I can't recall exactly. Actually I think the ball may have bounced off something before hitting the opposite lane...was pretty funny though.

Actually what I find seems to happen with me is I'll save a ball from death either by using the outlane flippers or by using a well-timed nudge and then I'll spend the next 5 or 10 seconds desperately trying to hit something to score a few points only to have the ball end up down the drain having not scored anything anyway. It's very rare that I save a ball from sure death and actually go on to score a bunch with it afterwards...it's like there's some sort of karmic pre-determination built into the code or something. lol...:D

W1LDD ONE

Jul 21, 2013
I know I'am still very new to Zaccaria tables but so far "Magic Castle" is the only table that I can keep a longer game going than most of my lightning fast drain games. I know this score may not be much but I just reached (3 Million) before I typed this message. I like Magic Castle the most so far. Table has good control and it's easy to nudge and save ball when draining out the left outer lane nudging brings it back easy. Timing is crucial to keep from loosing the ball on the right
I'am leaving TPA & Zen alone now for awhile till I get better at these Zaccaria tables.
I'am playing Zaccaria tables daily starting yesterday. These tables are more realistic feeling than TPA for sure. They truly feel like a real pinball machine. I showed them to folks on my job last night and they love the old school feel and look. I take my iPad 3 to work every night and play pinball on my lunch & breaks.

Another thing I feel holding the iPad in portrait over landscape is way better nudging control.
Time to get grinding on these Zaccaria tables!

Last edited:

W1LDD ONE

Jul 21, 2013
Sorry I got off on the wrong foot with you folks about Zaccaria pinball. I want to really get better at these tables because they look and feel like the closest thing to a real pinball machine so far hands down. When I look at these tables like "Star God" they remind me of my old school bedroom when I hung Black light Posters on my walls. I'am 50 years young now as of July 12, I feel the look of these old school retro art style came from all those neon Black light Posters and a true example is "Star God" these tables truly are extremely unique and I want to get better on these tables. It would be cool if Zaccaria one days ports all this over to game consoles but if not I will still treasure these tables on my iPad 3.
I have to admit I have been missing out by not trying to get better at this app. I gave up early on because of the fast drains it's nice that now I'am climbing aboard the Zaccaria train we have a new menu system and a upgraded physics coming soon and it looks like another table coming as well. I'am glad to be apart of the growing Zaccaria pinheads now.

Last edited:

Zevious Zoquis

Jul 27, 2013
BTW Zsolt, you should turn the glass off in your promo shots of tables. The artwork and lighting just "pops" so much more without that texture over top muddying things up... :)

W1LDD ONE

Jul 21, 2013
Agreed Zevious I turn the glass off and graphics really pop on these tables I even turn night mode off I like day mode way better. I did not know we could change flipper size I just found that option this morning I switched to the normal flippers.

Zevious Zoquis

Jul 27, 2013
I've mentioned this before but it's worth noting again...I'm convinced there is some issue with the calculation of the ball's path at times. Just playing a round in Future World and the ball took what seemed like an impossible path as it went by the hole near the right outlane - it was heading down towards the flipper and as it went past the hole (but still not near enough to actually contact any part of the hole) it took a pretty pronounced curve to the right and down the outlane. It look like the was a magnetic pull or something. I've seen stuff like that happen occasionally on several tables even when a ball is just rolling down the middle towards the flippers with nothing around it.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
this is true but kets wait to see if the new engine removes such issues, pinball can. e weird and winderful but not matrix like balls

74-89

May 2, 2014
As long as Spooky is part of the four remaining (including Mystic Star) I'm cool with the 27.

the four remaining tables will probably be:
Strike (solid state version);
Spooky;
Star's Phoenix, the last Zac (or New Star's Phoenix, the same game with a couple of playfield differences and using the same rom, but I think we will get the original version); and either
a) Ski Jump (Winter Games with slightly different art and using a different CPU), or
b) Space City (Future World with very slightly different art and using a different CPU).

the only remaining SS table is Pinball Champ, an almost exact re-issue of Pinball Champ '82.

I'm more than cool with the 27, I think it's an awesome collection. $100 for the gold membership would not have been unreasonable.

74-89

May 2, 2014
posted by W1LDD ONE:
"I have to admit I have been missing out by not trying to get better at this app. I gave up early on because of the fast drains it's nice that now I'am climbing aboard the Zaccaria train we have a new menu system and a upgraded physics coming soon and it looks like another table coming as well. I'am glad to be apart of the growing Zaccaria pinheads now."

What??? I can't believe it. Well in that case - I think this app Total Garbage! I'm going to delete it from my iOS device AND NEVER DOWNLOAD IT AGAIN unless they make the ball get bigger and louder as it approaches the front of the table. I paid nearly $20.00 for this app and it's Garbage!

Haha - just kidding bud. I came for the Zacc, but I stay for the W1LDD ONE.

night

May 18, 2012
The simulation of glass is not working out too well, and i always turn it off like you guys. So far, the only app that has great reflection is Revenge of the Rob-o-Bot, somehow it looks very real with just the reflection of the DMD.
Also the 'used table' mode is not my taste, it is too much destruction. If only 10% of that wasted table look was used on the playfield I would have it 'on' all the time because the idea is just great. Just a bit of vintage you know, not Hiroshima. It are all small details, and glad we have full control with the on-off switches. And the background is turned to black as well, just the table, clean & perfect.

W1LDD ONE

Jul 21, 2013
Ha ha!! Don't hate....74-89 & Heretic / great song by Iron Maiden "Run To The Hills"
Say Night....you say you can turn the background to black? Focusing more on table?

I got it "Night" you turn the background off in graphics. Thanks.

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
The simulation of glass is not working out too well, and i always turn it off like you guys. So far, the only app that has great reflection is Revenge of the Rob-o-Bot, somehow it looks very real with just the reflection of the DMD.
Also the 'used table' mode is not my taste, it is too much destruction. If only 10% of that wasted table look was used on the playfield I would have it 'on' all the time because the idea is just great. Just a bit of vintage you know, not Hiroshima. It are all small details, and glad we have full control with the on-off switches. And the background is turned to black as well, just the table, clean & perfect.

night, I agree with you on both the glass and used table looks. I turn both off as well.
Nice that we have the options.
The all black background is too much for me though. Makes me feel like I'm playing in outer space or another dimension. So I leave the background on.

W1LDD ONE

Jul 21, 2013
Question: Is this an issue when sometimes the ball rests on the inner edge of a flipper at times?
You have to nudge the ball to move it.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Question: Is this an issue when sometimes the ball rests on the inner edge of a flipper at times?

Thanks.

yes it happens with this current pyhics engine thats why were all chopping at the bit for that new update

Zevious Zoquis

Jul 27, 2013

Thanks.

Yes there are some odd little things that can occur in the current physics - I've had the ball come to a stop balanced on some pretty impossible spots.

The black background and option to remove the glass and "relic" textures are also great things for those of us with older hardware. Helps the game run nice and smooth on my Ipad2 and mini...

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.