Zaccaria Pinball on IndieGoGo!

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
In theory all of those features will be implemented later in that case if those goals are not reached. The goals mean instant implementing.

Ben Logan

Jun 2, 2015
Cab support is a very popular / motivating option. Just look at the TPA thread. Lots of passion (and disappointment) there. Magic Pixel has a chance for a slam dunk if it can deliver cab support.

I wish the editor option were within closer reach too.

Jamman39

Jan 1, 2013
Good news for cabinet owners. The description on the indiegogo page has been updated to say that the game will launch with a portrait view. So it will at least be playable on cabinet before cabinet view is implemented

seattlemark

Jan 8, 2013
Based on Ben's and SilverBall’s two posts of,

I'd heard Zsolt will honor our $25 contributions with Steam download vouchers when it's released on Steam, whether or not the indiegogo campaign succeeds. That'd be a great commitment to make to attract more contributions, because people could back on indiegogo with confidence.
Zsolt confirmed on VPForums that the game will be more expensive on Steam (probably 35$).
]
http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=33906#entry334417

, I just put in my money. Based on those two posts, to me it was a no-Brainer joining in the campaign. Basically to me it's a guaranteed/no-risk pre-Order at a savings of at least $10. Plus, I figured by my helping grow the total early, it maybe helps attracts others and speeds things along towards both the initial release and the stretch goals.

Edit: The reason I feel that it's "guaranteed/no-risk" is that I am very confident that it will be coming out on Steam eventually, regardless of what happens with the indiegogo campaign. Particularly based on the fact that it received the Steam Greenlight in just 21 days! (I have no doubt that the indiegogo campaign will be successful too!)

Last edited:

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Hopefully once a video is posted of gameplay on the PC build with all the glorious lighting more people will chip in.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
we all put in $70,000 for 1 table,for $25 we get 38 tables,it`s a no brainer ! !!!!!!!we`ll **** it in !!!:cool:

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Did they say there would be a video? Wonder if the initial release will really be out by the end of March

No sorry they didn't actually say that, but during the mobile development process Zsolt used to upload teaser videos. As this is a crowdfunding project I would imagine they will release videos showing progress throughout the 2 months. That should keep re-sparking interest and maybe convince people to support the project who are currently sitting on the fence.

:)

lio

Jul 24, 2013
I'm also surprised how little people have given so far... I guess some (looks like most) people are happy with getting tables for free for VP/FP etc. and are not willing to pay for the (same) tables.
I'm just as surprises/disappointed that the Pinball Labs kickstarter failed...

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
You do have to realize how obscure Zacc tables are though. There's next to no nostalgia for them here in the USA, as we rarely saw them. That makes it in many people's minds just another video pinball game.

A very good idea for Pixel Magic to do would be release one table with all the lighting functionality for free as a PC demo, to get people excited for why it isn't just another vid pin. Sure, you can see it on mobile, but I don't play pinball on mobile, and the free demo there doesn't offer the ability to play with the lighting.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
You do have to realize how obscure Zacc tables are though. There's next to no nostalgia for them here in the USA, as we rarely saw them. That makes it in many people's minds just another video pinball game.

A very good idea for Pixel Magic to do would be release one table with all the lighting functionality for free as a PC demo, to get people excited for why it isn't just another vid pin. Sure, you can see it on mobile, but I don't play pinball on mobile, and the free demo there doesn't offer the ability to play with the lighting.

1 table all features as a demo is a great idea. What table do you think would be best? I would say Time Machine but not before they correct a few minor issues.

I think getting the word out to the right people will help, if anyone speaks Italian, this site would be a good place to start: http://www.tilt.it/flipper_pinball/

I dont have facebook but if anyone does: https://m.facebook.com/pages/Zaccaria-Pinball/182367748447453

Ben Logan

Jun 2, 2015
Yes - the "teaser table" release is a good idea.

Re: nostalgia -- at this point I have tremendous nostalgia for Zaccaria, based on my experience with the amazing iOS app!

chinzman93

Jul 1, 2013
I would love to see Cab Support at 12K level...;)

It would be essentially be a great "FREE" commercial each time a video is posted on youtube!

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
I think there are three big problems. One is as SYT said, knowledge of these games isn't great in the west. However there is also the different levels of perks. Success in these Kickstarter type of funding is to get people to support them, but at higher pledge than they normally would. The where kicks tethers like farsighted do well. Here we have one pledge the goes from $100 to $150, with the difference being a t-shirt. T-shirts are cool, but they aren't $50 cool. Finally, the fact the game is coming out on PC whether funding is reached or not, that certainly takes the "I must support this or it won't happen" feel away.

I love my Zaccaria pinball app on my iPad and zolt and the ASK team have done a great job with it. For this reason I have supported it, however seeing the pincab support being so far up is a bit of a personal downer. I get it though.

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
Damn this bad memory if mine! Indigogo doesn't clearly show you that you baCked the project already so I didn't remember that I had backed them already last week so that's two $25 pledges! Oops!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.