Zaccaria Pinball on IndieGoGo!

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Damn this bad memory if mine! Indigogo doesn't clearly show you that you baCked the project already so I didn't remember that I had backed them already last week so that's two $25 pledges! Oops!

lol - I know exactly what you mean with the memory thing :). I will probably be repeating myself below again ;).

I am also disappointed about the cab support thing, but knowing they will provide portrait and the adjustable camera in the first release does mean we can enjoy it in a cab. Also I would imagine if it sells well on Steam they would add it eventually anyway - they hinted at this. They seem to add new features a lot lot faster than their competitors. I reckon once the game is released and people get to see it running in a cab, it will take off and a lot of people will wish they snapped it up for $25.

Like others have said the cab mode certainly raises the profile of the game and gets it publicity -ie: YouTube videos and running in virtual cabs at Pinball Expos.

If Zsolt can also release an update and new video showing PC gameplay that might re-ignite interest. Also they should emphasise that buying it now will be cheaper than when it gets released on Steam.

http://igg.me/at/a-BYIy8HqLI/x/13369837

Last edited:

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
I really think someone needs to inform the european pinball forums. I just dont speak the language hopefully someone who does will spread the word. I am going to pitch on an extra copy and donate it to the TOTM for a grand pize or something. Im thinking about the art book and tee just because it will help advance the game. I am looking forward to playing :)

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
Snorkel: yep more exposure the better

Zsolt: is there any way to change both my $25 pledges to a single $50 or can I transfer that license to someone else after if we can't combine?

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
Snorkel: yep more exposure the better

Zsolt: is there any way to change both my $25 pledges to a single $50 or can I transfer that license to someone else after if we can't combine?
Yes, there is. You will get perk with $50.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
It is astonishing (almost embarrassing) how the community haven't supported this. 38 tables for $25 - what more do people want? If I were Ask I would seriously consider pulling the plug on the PC release due to the lack of support from the community. I don't want that to happen (I supported it) but I would understand their decision totally. I guess a lot of cry babies would come out of the woodwork in the subsequent months if that did happen, as did with the Pinball Labs project after it failed to get enough support.

What I don't get is this has about only 40 supporters on IndieGoGo, but it got greenlit on Steam. I thought you would need 1000s of votes to be greenlit so it makes no sense.

Last edited:

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
It is astonishing (almost embarrassing) how the community haven't supported this. 38 tables for $25 - what more do people want? If I were Ask I would seriously consider pulling the plug on the PC release due to the lack of support from the community. I don't want that to happen (I supported it) but I would understand their decision totally. I guess a lot of cry babies would come out of the woodwork in the subsequent months if that did happen, as did with the Pinball Labs project after it failed to get enough support.

What I don't get is this has about only 40 supporters on IndieGoGo, but it got greenlit on Steam. I thought you would need 1000s of votes to be greenlit so it makes no sense.

Lack of support? We greenlit this game in only about 20 days-much quicker than TPA got greenlit. Now I have to pledge at least $25 for a game that may or may not come to Steam? It's bad enough we still, after more than four years have to hold kickstarters to bring pinball machine simulations to TPA that FarSight should, by now, have enough more than enough money to fund. Unless TPA is not selling as well as we thought (How's it selling on the WiiU btw?).

I still may support this one, but judging by the current tally, my money would be better spent on actual games that are available rather than vaporware. After the lackluster PP Timeshock early access, I've learned my lesson.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
The wording on the indiegogo page needs updated. The game is going to release on Steam, and every $25 or greater pledge will recieve their code for the full game when released. If the game had not been greenlit, then the indiegogo project would have needed to succeed for the game to release. The game will be more then $25 when it hits the store so this is basically a chance to preorder at a discount. I cant wait to play!

Spork98765

Jul 3, 2015
The wording on the indiegogo page needs updated. The game is going to release on Steam, and every $25 or greater pledge will recieve their code for the full game when released. If the game had not been greenlit, then the indiegogo project would have needed to succeed for the game to release. The game will be more then $25 when it hits the store so this is basically a chance to preorder at a discount. I cant wait to play!

What more would you have it updated to include?

Due to huge support of yours Zaccaria Pinball is Greenlit in 21 days only!

Zaccaria Pinball will be released in any events. The funding goals help to decrease the time factor of the current feature!

A digital copy means a Steam code.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
What more would you have it updated to include?

They dont "need" to update, but it might help. Just some notes about progress, maybe a video. Zslot has been in the bug fix threads on here, an appearance on their indiegogo page might insipire some who are on the fence.

seattlemark

Jan 8, 2013
It is astonishing (almost embarrassing) how the community haven't supported this. 38 tables for $25 - what more do people want?

I have been feeling the same way. I cannot understand the low number of additional backers I have been seeing each day. The following is why this doesn't make sense to me:

1) 38 tables for $25 is an extraordinary offer. To me it's far more than Farsight has given for backers of the various TPA Kickstarters at this price point.

2) That $25 is at least $10 less than non-backers of Zacarria Pinball will probably pay when it comes out on Steam.

3) No risk, because when it comes out with its initial release in Steam, my understanding is the backers are going to get a Steam code no matter what. (And with such a short time that it took for it to reach Steam Greenlit status, I have no doubt that it will come out on Steam.)

4) Per Zsolt, "Yes, all backers will get 38 pinball tables, graphics and physics tweaks, portrait and landscape modes, local multiplayer and controller support."

5a) One of the goals has Cabinet support, which TPA users have been asking Farsight for for years. And with these Zacacaria tables the Cabinet support will be programmed by the Developers themselves. (Unlike in the case of TPA where we are using a Camera Mod written/supported by members of our Community ).

5b) Heck, for users that don't have real cabinets, pseudo-cabinets (like I have) are great too. A pseudo-Cabinet can be as simple as a monitor or a TV flipped around (on a desk, wall, or floor) so it's orientated in portrait layout (plus with the Cabinet mode supporting software displaying the table just right in the boundaries of the screen). Or even a combination of two monitors/TVs. Pinball video games are better with any kind of Cabinet mode. If this IndiGoGo campaign is successful enough, it might take many months off the release schedule of such Cabinet support for Zacarria Pinball on Steam.

Last edited:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
have faith, I think most people will be dubbing in ,in the next couple of weeks, 38 TABLES =$25 WOOHOO !!!! :cool:

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
I understand it's been greenlit on Steam. I may end up having paid twice, but totally worth it!

They dont "need" to update, but it might help. Just some notes about progress, maybe a video. Zslot has been in the bug fix threads on here, an appearance on their indiegogo page might insipire some who are on the fence.

I agree at least an update will spark some interest - currently there are 0 updates. Btw- Good man Snorzel for increasing your donation - generous stuff :).

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
Hopefully things will start to pick up with the pledges......Just did the $25 level. That Zaccaria Facebook group hasn't had a posting for about a year, so things seem dead there, which is a pity. Is there a Zaccaria fan forum anywhere else besides here?

seattlemark

Jan 8, 2013
Hopefully things will start to pick up with the pledges......Just did the $25 level. That Zaccaria Facebook group hasn't had a posting for about a year, so things seem dead there, which is a pity. Is there a Zaccaria fan forum anywhere else besides here?

I saw that on the Indiegogo Zaccaria Pinball page, under Campaign, that it has Zaccaria Pinball forums which is a hyperlink of http://digitalpinballfans.com/forumdisplay.php/62-A-S-K-Homework-Pinball-Games. Clinking on that link takes people to the "Forum: A.S.K. Homework Pinball Games" section of our own "Pinball Arcade Fans" forum. So based on that I think the Magic Pixel/A.S.K. Homework company considers that the "Zaccaria fan forum" is pretty much just us....

I too hope that the number of pledges picks up soon.

Last edited:

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
I guess they are such a tiny company they don't have resources to promote the game. Most likely they are cracking on withe coding, and the game will sell itself once it is released.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
I am still suprised at how few backers there are, the game has many high reviews on the ios and andriod stores. I wonder how many potential players dont even know about it, or dont realize they will get the game for pledging even if the 'goal' is not met. Hopefully there is a surge at the end to give Zsolt and co a much deserved boost

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts