Zaccaria Pinball - update v2.0

night

May 18, 2012
It's like we are having 3 new tables, with the bugs fixed on Star God! Love the new tables, excellent job.

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
this is good news yes thats 3 tables. I didnt check last night but my iPad would have downloaded and auto installed it so later i can try them.

luvthatapex

Apr 24, 2013
Very nice release. I play all of the tables with glass off, so much nicer.
Clown is one of the gen2 games I never owned so this is a treat for me. EWF has the same sounds as Space Shuttle if I recall and its also the first game to have GAME TIME BONUS.
I also have the problem with the right outlane on EWF not allowing the ball to pass sometimes. I imagine a bug fix is forthcoming.

Great release guys, thanks for the 2 for 1!

Zevious Zoquis

Jul 27, 2013
Just a general comment - crap I find these tables difficult to keep a ball alive (I mean ALL of them not just the new ones)! I don't know how people are getting the scores they are getting. I lose probably 2 out of every 3 balls almost directly down a drain and I can't seem to get the hang of nudging at all. I guess I need to sit down and start playing these tables obsessively to force myself to get them figured out...

night

May 18, 2012
Just a general comment - crap I find these tables difficult to keep a ball alive (I mean ALL of them not just the new ones)! I don't know how people are getting the scores they are getting. I lose probably 2 out of every 3 balls almost directly down a drain and I can't seem to get the hang of nudging at all. I guess I need to sit down and start playing these tables obsessively to force myself to get them figured out...

Yes, I find Zaccaria tables very hard and unforgiven, short games. Perhaps that's also the attraction, you keep coming back for more.
Besides that, I think it's pretty unique a company releases all these tables. Zaccaria is not the high profile pinball brand. Now with TPA going to 1 table a month, ASK/Zaccaria is probably the only one that will makes us play these oldies.

Mick Morry

Jun 9, 2013
I love the two new tables. Zaccaria sure gives us all a good hit of EM's. Hopefully when TPA finishes with all the newer tables it will give us a pile of EM's like we are getting from Zaccaria.

I am having some pretty long games now that I am using my ipad mini cab. The real flipper buttons make all the difference in the world to playing long and well controlled games. My first game of Earth Wind Fire lasted for over a half hour. Get sotie to make you a mini cab. His mini cabinets work for any ipad and it will dramatically change how long your games last and in how well you do. Both Zaccaria, and The Pinball Arcade work flawlessly with zero flipper lag.

I can't thank AKS homework enough for the great team you have working on these Zaccaria tables. Proof a tiny team can put out an epic product that captivates it's customers. Two thumbs up from me.

Jamman39

Jan 1, 2013
ASK pulled out all the stops for 2.0. Two new tables and some long awaited big fixes. And this update came sooner than I was expecting.

I'm so impressed I'm going to change my App Store review.

Zaccharia pinball has finally become a top tier pinball game on iOS

tripleplonq

Dec 3, 2012
Yes, I find Zaccaria tables very hard and unforgiven, short games. Perhaps that's also the attraction, you keep coming back for more.
Besides that, I think it's pretty unique a company releases all these tables. Zaccaria is not the high profile pinball brand. Now with TPA going to 1 table a month, ASK/Zaccaria is probably the only one that will makes us play these oldies.

You should really, really practice swipe-nudging. Everytime. To change lanes, to slam the ball into a bumper, to prepare a shot.
Nudging is really 50% of the fun with this app.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
The two new tables are great. Love the new mechanical sounds on Clown. Thanks Zolt and the team at Ask Homework for getting not one but two new one's out before the holidays. I was a little worried a couple months back when we had a longer than usual gap between updates. Keep up the great work you're doing. These Zaccarias are really filling the early SS gap that TPA is probably going to have in the foreseeable future.

Last edited:

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
i hate playing nudge ball on a crappy touch screen device. my fingers stick to the screen and by the time i nudge its down the middle or nudged too far in the outlane. heck with it if wants to drain let it. And why are you playing a cheezty 3 ball game enable the 5 ball option.

Zevious Zoquis

Jul 27, 2013
haha, actually I usually do play 5 ball. I am starting to get the hang of nudging finally. Its not the touchscreen as I have no problems with that at all really - in fact I quite like it for nudging - its more the fact that the implementation in Zac Pinball feels backwards. Its feels to me like the ball should move opposite the direction of the nudge and I'm having a hard time adjusting. I often end up swiping with the wrong finger and sending the ball the wrong way...

tripleplonq

Dec 3, 2012
The mechanical sounds on Clown are really low quality and noisy. I don't like them at all.
The regular sounds have a higher sampling rate and sound (that's what sounds should do) much better. Clown's mechanical sounds sound like 6 bit@9 kHz.
:(

OTOH IMHO this table is one of the weakest Zac releases, so the cheesy sounds are appropriate. (It's not ASK's fault, the design is just ... the way it is)

EarthWindFire OTOH is a great table and I look forward to the release of v2.1 when it's firing on all four bumpers.

And @ ASK/Zsolt many thanks for all the silent bug fixes. Keep up the good work!

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Pay little attention to much of the above statement. Clown is unique while Earth Wind Fire took A LOT from Firepower. It's still a fun table but it took A LOT from Firepower. Also, Clown sounds very similar to the real thing. Watch some of the youtube vids of the real table. The sound reproduction is quite good.

night

May 18, 2012
The mechanical sounds on Clown are really low quality and noisy. I don't like them at all.
The regular sounds have a higher sampling rate and sound (that's what sounds should do) much better. Clown's mechanical sounds sound like 6 bit@9 kHz.
:(

In my younger years I messed around a lot with synthesizers and sound fx processors. I had a fx processor where you could make a sample sound like as you would hear it in a small room, or a larger room, a hallway, a bit more or less echo and so on, endless possibilities. Anyway, the 'new' samples on Clown sound like they are in recorded in a different environment compared to the original samples, who sound like they are recorded in a room with furniture, new new ones in a room without furniture. I don't think it's the sample-rate quality, just a different sound fx. I don't mind, but my guess is that's what makes the difference.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.