Zaccaria Pinball - update v2.0

Zevious Zoquis

Jul 27, 2013
The mechanical sounds on Clown are really low quality and noisy. I don't like them at all.
The regular sounds have a higher sampling rate and sound (that's what sounds should do) much better. Clown's mechanical sounds sound like 6 bit@9 kHz.
:(

Lol, you have better ears than I. The mechanical effects sound fine to me and I really like them.

I think these recent tables (since maybe Blackbelt) all look really superb. Very sharp, crisp clean visuals! Kudos A.S.K., you guys are putting TPA to shame as far as I'm concerned...

Pavig

Oct 29, 2013
There definitely seems to have been subtle physics tweaks. Nudging seems quite different. I noticed when nudging the ball seems to ignore objects (rails etc) and go right through them without being deflected. (Top view #2 makes this easier to see. Try left or right nudging while the ball is running down a lane.) Occasionally the ball seems to go straight through a piece of play field during a nudge. It is rather strange.
Edit: found an easy way to demonstrate. Cradle the ball. Use your other hand to swipe up for a nudge. Watch as the ball goes straight through the flipper as if it was squishy, but doesn't gain momentum from colliding with the hard object.

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Well, I have this weird feeling my physic settings don't make sense anymore. It could be me.

I agree. I was messing with mine all day yesterday. Had to turn a lot of settings up higher. Still not where they need to be yet.

night

May 18, 2012
I agree. I was messing with mine all day yesterday. Had to turn a lot of settings up higher. Still not where they need to be yet.

Yes, exactly this. I recently changed all my settings, and set the slingshots higher, I know as they kicked the ball all the way up towards the higher playfield on Star God before the bug fix. Now they seem weaker, the ball does not get even near there. I was very content with my new settings and now something is wrong. Like we got some old physic tweaks back, the ball movement does not feel as realistic as well. Hard to put a finger on it. This is not good, we are going backwards.

tripleplonq

Dec 3, 2012
On my iPad1 the game is pretty much in slow motion when the camera is zoomed in. Camera 2 and other zoomed out views are still playable.

Looks like the simulation is now frame-based instead of time-based. And I noticed the new nudging behavior as well.

tripleplonq

Dec 3, 2012
Lol, you have better ears than I. The mechanical effects sound fine to me and I really like them.

I think these recent tables (since maybe Blackbelt) all look really superb. Very sharp, crisp clean visuals! Kudos A.S.K., you guys are putting TPA to shame as far as I'm concerned...

Heh. The sounds are actually 44kHz. I think it's actually a combination of poor recording hardware, echoes, and my subjective experience. (the common mechanical sounds have a lot more punch, and I usually play the game at the lowest possible volume setting)

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
The mechanical sounds on Clown are really low quality and noisy. I don't like them at all.
The regular sounds have a higher sampling rate and sound (that's what sounds should do) much better. Clown's mechanical sounds sound like 6 bit@9 kHz.
:(
Meantime we have managed to have sound effects with better quality of Clown, so they will be replaced in the next update.

SonicBrain

May 17, 2013
Zaccaria colection become a MOST have for any pinball fan ! ..... my score from 1-10 its 8.5 the - 1.5 goes to - some of the first tables need an upgrade on metal texture as it looks on the recently tables and more bass on the ball sound ... the bugs always can be fixed on the next update ..so , no problem with - overall , for IOS capability and lack of options on the game menu , it's well done ! the improvements from the release tables deserves extra kudos for the team ... for sure when this collection finish it's an 10+ pinball simulation and ready to go to another systems ( I would go for an PS3/4 full version ). and most important ; THE NEXT COLLECTION !! :) you guys have the balls and talent .

night

May 18, 2012
Zsolt, could you please check the physics settings? Custom settings seem different after the last update, on all tables. Thanks!

SonicBrain

May 17, 2013
I would love to see YOU GUYS to make a TAITO " taitotronics " pimball collection , they have a good pinball tables 80's check out VORTEX , COSMIC & TITAN Taito from Brazil .

night

May 18, 2012
I would love to see YOU GUYS to make a TAITO " taitotronics " pimball collection , they have a good pinball tables 80's check out VORTEX , COSMIC & TITAN Taito from Brazil .

What a great find, I LOVE the table artwork! When I search IPDB on Taito pinball tables I see a lot of known titles, like Gorgar and Black Knight but with a different name.. rebranded by Taito? Are Vortex, Cosmic and Titan made by Taito?

it's Earth Wind Fire and Spaceshutle the same playfield ? and the sounds ? are they twin tables ?

No. Different playfield. Space Shuttle is the table I am waiting for… great playfield, great artwork, and I love space space themes. :)

image-2.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.