Zaccaria Pinball - update v2.0

Zevious Zoquis

Jul 27, 2013
There definitely needs to be some work done on the whole nudge mechanic. As it stands, you can push the ball through parts of the table. It's apparent that they've taken a really simplistic approach to handling the way nudging works. Essentially yr just pushing or pulling the ball around, instead of pushing elements of the table into the ball or affecting the ball by moving the table surface underneath it. It sort of works ok much of the time, but it has a very "video gamey" feel to it...

Last edited:

tripleplonq

Dec 3, 2012
I would like to see a Mac port. There is not one good native Mac pinball sim on the Mac app store.
And a port to Mac could probably be easier than a port to other platforms.

inspector42

May 27, 2012
Finally getting back to this. I'm like 5 tables behind.

+1 to physics change wonkiness.

+1 to nudging through objects.

Also, if you turn all physics settings way up, you can pop the ball up off the table, on top of bumpers, back into the shooter lane, and over your flipper straight down the middle. Kind of fun. :)

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
I was looking at what was left and, other than Space Shuttle and Spooky, there wasn't any other tables that stood out to me. What do you guys think of the remaining unreleased tables?

Zevious Zoquis

Jul 27, 2013
I don't know how many tables are left, but I'd really, very much prefer they spend a bit of time fixing all the little things that are wrong with the tables that are already in the game before adding a ton more. one or two updates that focus on bug fixes, UI improvements, and physics work would really go a long way towards making this the perfect pinball sim...

night

May 18, 2012
I was looking at what was left and, other than Space Shuttle and Spooky, there wasn't any other tables that stood out to me. What do you guys think of the remaining unreleased tables?

Space Shuttle and Spooky are on top of my list, but this I like to see as well: Future World (I love space-themes), House of Diamonds, Fire Mountain, Mystic, Zankor, Stars Phoenix & Pool Champion (interesting playfield).
I don't really like sport themes that much, so Mexico 86 and Winter Sports.. meh.

Mick Morry

Jun 9, 2013
I want Spooky bad too. Neat find with the Taito tables. I too would like to see them go after those tables after they finish Zaccaria. However First I think Zaccaria needs to hit Steam on PC and Mac. That is the most obvious choice. Tables this beautiful and fun need to be where all the true gamers hang, and that is Steam and Origin. Origin is a second rate imitation of Steam...so logic would dictate that Steam on PC and Mac would be the next logical step to make swimming pools of money. This company needs to stay in the green and go where the big bucks are. That will always be PC and consoles. So 360, PS4 etc are the other smart moves after the ios/tablet/phone versions are fully done.

They have done such an incredible job that I pray they continue to make tables for us for decades longer. More so I want them on a larger screen where the details of the incredible artwork can really be fully seen and enjoyed.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Spooky is a top want for me. Others that look good...
Strike
Pool Champ
Zankor
Nautilus (or Combat)
House of Diamonds (or Queens Castle)
Ski Jump (or Winter Sports)

Edit-forgot Space Shuttle

Last edited:

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
while i have bought the entire zac collection, it has no place on kther platforms until it has a much better pyhics and colission system great same as the tabkes gfx and lighting are great

night

May 18, 2012
Yes, physics needs an update, it's not as advanced as TPA, which gets better and better. It's a bit wonky at the moment. And for pete's sake, please let them add a deadzone for nudging, even when I just barely though the flippers I start nudging and shaking the table all over the place! And the ball rolling sound needs a fix, too much like a marble now. Room for improvement, and every update seems to come with some issues, but ASK always surprised us with good user feedback and takes our suggestions serious, so let's hope for the best. I see Zaccaria as a big creative experimental sandbox, and it can only become better than it already is.

Last edited:

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
Yes, physics needs an update, it's not as advanced as TPA, which gets better and better.

little offtop about "incredible" TPA physics : i tried Virtual Pool 4 few days ago..ok, its not pinball game, but it have a balls and very complex conditions for objects to deflect from. and what i want to say: VP4 has real world physics for balls and their interractions..it has damn-jawdropping-close-as-only-possible-to-real physics so close what after you had see in-game VIDEO tutorial lesson you can repeat exactly same shot in game with the same result (with some practice and level of understanding what to do of course). and this is a game from a studio which is even "thinner" than FS..and in POOL game you have 16 balls (number is different for different types of games) and much of parrameters as table surface, coushons (speed and grab on deflection), parameters of cues and balls - everything has matter and looks "really real"..and when in VP some balls fly off the table i dont want ask: "WTF??" as when balls in TPA do even through the walls of table cabinets...

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.