Zaccaria Pinball - update v2.2.1

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
Fire Mountain, ball got stuck 2 times; left and right at the dropdown targets, could not get it out anymore.

image+2.jpg

image.jpg

Thanks, it has been fixed, will be in the next update!

night

May 18, 2012
This is a strange one to me. I just never have this problem. In fact, I have difficulty activating the nudge. I actually have to hold my finger down and pretty forcefully slide it to get the nudge to work. I often can't seem to do it when I try to, let alone accidently nudge when I don't. Not discounting what you are saying, I'm just curious as to why our experiences would be so different with this function...

Yeah, that's weird, I dunno. I have flipper carefully otherwise the table shakes and nudges! TPA has a good deadzone, my picture example is a bit too extreme, the deadzones should be around your thumbs, but now it's everywhere.

Just further to the physics, while I like the general feel of the ASK engine, I do think there is something fundamentally not right about how the tables play. I played a bunch of Blackbelt last night and then compared my experience to what I see in the one video of the table on youtube. What I notice is that there is (in the ASK version) a very pronounced tendency for certain things to happen the same way over and over again. I'm not sure how to explain it or account for it but its sort of like there's not enough "granularity" in terms of how the ball interacts with the table features. Just as an example on Blackbelt when you pull the plunger and shoot the ball, if you watch the video you'll see the ball ring up around the top to the (newly added in the game) one way gate and then bounce back and usually bounce off a couple of the little top bumper things before settling and dropping down through to the main area. There's a fair bit of randomness in terms of which of the four slots the ball drops through. In the game, it seems like no matter how hard you shoot the ball, it bounces off the one way gate and then drops down through the left-most slot almost every time. That sort of lack of variety is evident all over the table including how the ball comes off the flippers. It almost feels like theres only a handful of different angles that the ball can leave the flipper no matter how you attempt to aim it.

I guess what I'm saying is that the physics lack dynamics. There is a rigidity and a bit of a primitive quality to how the tables feel. To some extent that actually works as the tables are simple and somewhat primitive to begin with, but it ends up feeling like the tables aren't quite working properly and the physics don't feel convincing...

Yes, something is 'off' and I hope the physics get some more perfection to them. I bet this is the hardest part to get it right.

Zevious Zoquis

Jul 27, 2013
Yes, something is 'off' and I hope the physics get some more perfection to them. I bet this is the hardest part to get it right.

oh there's no doubt about that. It's similar to driving or flight simulators. Getting the physics right is incredibly difficult - it's as much an art as a science...and the physics of a pinball table is really amazingly complex.

night

May 18, 2012
Slingshots on Fire Mountain are a lot weaker than on Space Shuttle. (I try some physics tweaking, but one is too strong and while the other gets too weak). Also, I have set the flipperforce all the way down, it seems to have become much stronger, not so realistic I think. Really like both tables btw.

Mick Morry

Jun 9, 2013
Space Shuttle is an absolute drain fest for me. I have had entire games where I never hit a ball with a flipper once. Usually the ball gutters through the left outlane, but the right is almost as bad. However the balls going right through the flippers are worse than to the right. The left outlane and through the flippers is just out of control. Serious fixing needed. I played over a dozen games and only had one go somewhat well. The other two tables are much better. I actually had a half hour game of Fire Mountain. Fun tables. Space Shuttle will rock if the physics get fixed. The other 2 tables are a joy to play at least.

SonicBrain

May 17, 2013
SPACE SHUTTLE Missing Sound effects , at least 3 , please fix it on the next update , one fo the things makes this table a Beauty , is the graphics and the sounds , graphic it's really good , except to cabinet holding glass metal as said on the other post , but this 3 sound fx missing makes big diference on the experience ! check this video and u find out the 3 missing sounds . Question - is there anyway to post pictures here from IPad ? would be easy to point some points :) Space Shuttle video with full song and phisycs Annalise . https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NeMFLA_SACE

SonicBrain

May 17, 2013
Also , as happen with Star God on the release , also on Space Shuttle the low right hand kick it's not working ! ...where is it ? upper and on the right of right flipper , there are an astronaut , that piece has a sensor " hand kicker " visible on the video I posted the link , and this are the same place when the ball hit it ..it's missing a cool sound effect " same happens when hits the left side .. please whatch the full video , once paying Atention on the sounds and kickers , twice on the ball behavior " phisycs " I'm also think ..the ball it's addictive to the drawn lanes ... ! Also I like to say , the improvements on some metal parts INSIDE the tables looks photo alike " example on Clown " except the rails used to send the ball to the table ... as I said , in Locomotion are prety metal !

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
I checked it and indeed, it seems that the sound fx is missing on the kickers on the left and the right side, just next to the tip of the wings

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
When watching this video more closely after playin the ask version frequenly.. there's somuch more elasticy in ball bumper / flipper contact and a nice flow of ball movement while running on the playfield, nice to watch.

SonicBrain

May 17, 2013
A closer aprouch - Space Shutle ( missing sound FX ) watching the video " link above " at least 2 from the missing sounds should be include on the next update , 1- the one that it's almost continuous during all play ...sounds like a space ship ..this sound is the FACE of Space Shutle , without this one the experience is incomplete ! 2 - is the cool sound when the hits the left and right kickers above the flippers . The BALL - The ball phisycs had a huge improvement from the launch of Zaccaria but still not achieved the excellence yet , some people compare the ball behavior like a Ping pong ball , I feel like if the ball are hollow ... well , basically the same , what needs to improve on my point of view are ; THE WEIGHT , the ball don't react if it's a solid metal ball specially when hit on the sides " the rolling target or passing between 2 walls , sometime the ball don't go trough it or loose significance in speed ! also the sound from the ball rolling on the playfield affect how we see and feel it , the sound it's too sharp giving the illusion of light ball , needs more bass to equal a metal weight on the wood or plastic board " but the sound it's a complement not the solution . and as I said many times , reducing a LITLE bit the shadows would be nice , the metallic texture are the closest to the real ball on IOS . Also , it's nescessary to redefine the ball trajectory reaction factor , that's why the ball are draining too much ' specialy on Space Shutle , the ball have a vicious route hitting the " around " the midle of left and right kickers and doing a loop and draining on the sides " straight in " also when coming from above hitting the center top of left and right kickers goes straight down on the side drainers following a constant patern " meaning that's something not right ". conclusion --->>> Ball weight + heavy sound ( bass , it's too sharp right now ) shadow reduction " just a litle :) . Redefine ball trajectory , NOT a patern alike . Hope can understand my " point of view " supporting u guys from the release to beyound , thanks for your effort and bring Zaccaria pinbal and the excellent graphics , ilumination and 3D feeling " thanks to a well done shadows and texture ! ...almost there for a perfection on IOS capabilities and to become ONE most have pinball collection for any true pinball fan ! ....hey ! don't forget the metal on the cabinets ... u guys already have done it , just bring the best 2 for all tables and will looks more realistic , here is one option.... the best looking metal in all tables ( Star God have that one ) and the others include on the graphics option for who like an old looking or something like this .... but since , the idea is to look and play close to the real tables , that's why I insist on the importance of the metal in and out of the table . And the power be with you ...

SonicBrain

May 17, 2013
interesthing review on Zaccaria , but the funny is .... the reviewer claim the ball be heavy while me and some others the Oposite ..., light ...... humans ! the point is , when the review was wrote , whit version he played at that time .... , definely better today with room for improvement , also he bring to light the advantage to play a trial before purchase like TPA , A.S.K should give a try on it .

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
Update v2.2.1 has been sent to Apple for review last Saturday! Thank you for your support and feedback!

Change list:

WINTER SPORTS
- ADDED missing 3rd flipper

FIRE MOUNTAIN
- TWEAKED power of slingshots
- FIXED spinners to add points
- FIXED stuck ball at drop target lanes

SPACE SHUTTLE
- ADDED some missing sounds

COMMON
- UPDATED materials for boxes of all the tables

Last edited:

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
Fire Mountain, ball got stuck 2 times; left and right at the dropdown targets, could not get it out anymore.

Thanks, it has been fixed, will be in the next update

Hi Zsolt is this bug also included in this update ?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.