Zaccaria Pinball - update v2.9

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
I hate how it takes them two weeks to reject it :( Was all excited reading through this thread until I saw that it was pushed back. Damn you Apple :(

night

May 18, 2012
If it wasn't for Apple we would still be fiddling with command lines on beige-colored pc's.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
Pretty great update per usual!

My thoughts and requests...

Star's Phoenix has to have one of the most addicting pinball tunes ever. i can't get it out of my head. I like this table . it's not my fave, but it's fun.

I enjoy the particle setting. i actually wish i could control it so i could add more.

The metal fx option is a nice touch.

THANK YOU for the rule sheets! the icon also needs to be able turn invisible like the camera and option buttons.

Now that the collection is complete I'd vote for putting the tables in chronological order on the menu screen. the Apple release order doesn't make a lot of sense to keep anymore.

Also a default button for the camera settings screen would be nice.

As always, a great job. I'd be curious to hear how soon ASK is jumping into the Zacc EM's or if they're gonna focus on launching the SS app on android and beyond.

Zevious Zoquis

Jul 27, 2013
My vote would be for a couple of updates that do nothing but address bugs and specific table issues as well as continued improvement on the physics. I played three games after getting the update. Two of them ended by stuck balls - Clown where the ball got stuck at the top of the magnet chute on the left side, and the new table when the ball went up into the hidden area and I presume got balanced perfectly on a table element or something because it just stayed up there until I nudged the table and dislodged it.

And then there's the ball roll sound...

74-89

May 2, 2014
Now that the collection is complete I'd vote for putting the tables in chronological order on the menu screen. the Apple release order doesn't make a lot of sense to keep anymore.

I'd vote we preserve the A.S.K. Homework release chronology, it's important. I think Locomotion was first but I'm not sure about that.

And we still have two slots left before we've got a "complete" collection! At least I think we paid for 27. I assumed that odd number was meant to include all of the solid state machines (Gen 1 and 2) released by Zaccaria. I wouldn't mind having New Star's Phoenix, a slightly different game, and Pinball Champ with slightly different artwork from "82" and the version of the machine I actually remember playing.

Three early games were reissued using a prototype CPU - Strike, Space City (Future World), and Ski Jump (Winter Games), all three of which I can certainly live without.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
I'd vote we preserve the A.S.K. Homework release chronology, it's important. I think Locomotion was first but I'm not sure about that.

And we still have two slots left before we've got a "complete" collection! At least I think we paid for 27. I assumed that odd number was meant to include all of the solid state machines (Gen 1 and 2) released by Zaccaria. I wouldn't mind having New Star's Phoenix, a slightly different game, and Pinball Champ with slightly different artwork from "82" and the version of the machine I actually remember playing.

Three early games were reissued using a prototype CPU - Strike, Space City (Future World), and Ski Jump (Winter Games), all three of which I can certainly live without.

The cover of the app calls it the complete collection @ 25 tables. I thought we were getting 27 too.

Out of curiosity why do you think now that it's completed the release order matters?

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
On Spooky the bumpers have now light reflections, my scores are higher and the ball now always drains from the left orbit (orange special?). Inlanes feel now a bit better. The ball likes to roll up there sometimes.

On Stars Phoenix music stops during bonus time after drain.

Back to play :)

EDIT: Shooting the Rapids: rule sheet has a double text about bonus. Scoring still wrong

Last edited:

night

May 18, 2012
Absolutely stunning glass fx, and the bumpers on Spooky and Robot do look so much better.

I do have some comments on the graphics;

Star Phoenix graphics is not the same quality as Spooky for example.
The lighting on the bowling thing is overblown, I tried to correct this in the settings but no succes.

The glass fx is great, but the lower part of the glass plate makes the ruelsheets and the flippers look ugly and dirty. This should be made just transparent, no texture/scratches/dirt or anything at all. The illusion of glass fx on the upper playfield is enough to make it believable there is glass on the entire playfield.

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
Star Phoenix graphics is not the same quality as Spooky for example.
The lighting on the bowling thing is overblown, I tried to correct this in the settings but no succes.
I also noticed this but I'm willing to accept it. The color of the Robot Bridge should be more purple instead of pink. It seems that the graphic setting are stable now (had resets before).

image-3.jpg

The Clown clown is moving nicely and I got a new high score on that table. It's more fun now.

Pavig

Oct 29, 2013
Noticed a bug when playing Stars Phoenix. At one point many of the target sounds stopped playing, though ball, bumper and music sound continued to play. This broken sound carried over to other tables until the application was forced to quit out of memory. Then on next launch sounds were back to normal.

Pavig

Oct 29, 2013
Oh, and congrats to ASK. This version best ever. Graphics much improved and a great new table. Stars Phoenix left ramp is a very hard shot to make though. I'm waiting till the pinball gurus on the forum give us new physics tweaks to make it easier. ;)

74-89

May 2, 2014
Stars Phoenix left ramp is a very hard shot to make though. I'm waiting till the pinball gurus on the forum give us new physics tweaks to make it easier. ;)

The left ramp doesn't do anything other than launch the ball. A full plunge should launch the ball across the field and over the ramp - it doesn't.

Meanwhile, it's nice to see the return of Devil Riders in iOS 5.1.1, and the iPad Zacc game icon art has also returned.

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
I didnt have much time to check yet but so far i do like the glass fx and the graphics also improved, nice that the transparant overlay is removed in the graphics menu and i do like the new table and like to find out how it plays when i have time

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts