Zaccaria Pinball - update v3.1

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
Also, I'd still like the sound of the ball rolling to be both louder and deeper in tone. It still sounds more like a marble than a metal ball to me...

Have you played strike with headphones on? I don't think the ball rolling should be as loud as the game award sounds. Maybe a switch devoted to ball sound?

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
Have you played strike with headphones on? I don't think the ball rolling should be as loud as the game award sounds. Maybe a switch devoted to ball sound?
It's too loud at the moment. On a real pinball table you will not hear much of a rolling ball with the exception of old woodrails.

Robot: The upper sling (yellow arrow) should be stronger.
robot4afis32jot.jpg

Last edited:

night

May 18, 2012
Space Shuttle, kick-out hole at the top doesn't always kick the ball out, ball gets stuck up there.

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
One way gates at the top of the tables (Blackbelt, EWF) need to be much livelier. Play a few rounds of Earth, Wind & Fire paying attention to the behaviour when the ball hits the one way gates at the top, and then watch this video...

http://youtu.be/sabcm8_pXxY .

Yes you are right, there is a big difference in liveliness when the ball bounces between the gates and the pop bumpers compared to the ASK version.

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
Yes you are right, there is a big difference in liveliness when the ball bounces between the gates and the pop bumpers compared to the ASK version.
There isn't that much difference between ASK's version and the real table. The ball bounces a bit and then decides for the lane (no gate).To improve the gameplay there needs to be a better plunger sim. That would cause different behaviours of the ball in the uppermost playfield. More bouncing would make the game even harder.

Last edited:

Zevious Zoquis

Jul 27, 2013
I can really hardly hear the ball on most tables. It honestly isn't much louder than prior to the last update. I can hear it much more in most videos I see online glass on or off. I always have the glass off in the game anyway. :) I also suspect the the sound of the ball rolling in a pinball sim is similar to the sound of tires squealing in a racing sim - it's an element that needs to be slightly exaggerated to help make the sim more convincing...

A volume slider for the ball rolling sound would be awesome. :)

Zevious Zoquis

Jul 27, 2013
There isn't that much difference between ASK's version and the real table. The ball bounces a bit and then decides for the lane (no gate).To improve the gameplay there needs to be a better plunger sim. That would cause different behaviours of the ball in the uppermost playfield. More bouncing would make the game even harder.

I disagree. Watch the ball when it hits the gate in the video. It not only bounces farther off the gate, it actually bounces back across and then bounces off the opposite gate! Then it settles somewhere in the middle lanes. In the ASK version, it bounces very slightly off the first gate (almost not at all) and then drops almost every time through the left-most lane. Not even close to the real thing...same thing with Blackbelt.

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
I have updated my first comment by today's changes per tables. I have checked the plunger but I will need some programmer assistance to make it right. Today I tried to fix as many bugs as possible.

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
I have updated my first comment by today's changes per tables. I have checked the plunger but I will need some programmer assistance to make it right. Today I tried to fix as many bugs as possible.
Thank you very much! I'm looking forward to the update.

@Zevious: The left gate could indeed need some more bounce.

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014

Fair enough thats just a difference in opinion, when i play a couple of rounds on these ASK tables and compare the ball interaction between gates and pops with the real tables afterwards, i do notice a significant difference between the two and it would be just great if this could be finetuned on the ASK"s

haj

Sep 28, 2012
Hi Zsolt,

Clown's kick-out hole at the top left sometimes fails so the ball gets stuck up there.

And here's some wishes...
- Only TimeMachine has "coin dropping" sound now, I think it's nice to have that on all tables.
- Could you add target resetting sound when the ball loss (I wrote this in the other thread but just for a reminder ;))

74-89

May 2, 2014
Zsolt, I see bonus ball fixes for STRIKE and FUTURE WORLD only; most if not all Zaccs had this feature.

Also, last call on artwork issues for SHOOTING THE RAPIDS (Plunger rubber) & MYSTIC STAR (table icon says 1987).

I don't see any mention of fuzzy or blurry table elements - I'm hanging onto an 800mb version of the app until these are addressed.

Last edited:

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
Thanks for all the hard work Zsolt. It's appreciated.

If you go into the strike thread I posted a star God video which has the same sling shot set up as Strike but doesn't snap the ball back. So might want to check before implementing.

Also the right move ramp on Farfalla doesn't work and there are playfield art issues on hot wheels. There are two 3x buttons by the left drop targets. One should be 5x. This was fixed once but became unfixed on the last update.

Also the majority of tables have blurry elements since the last update. See the black belt picture I posted above. You can also see it on the left pop bumper cap on strike. I guess this happened when you adjusted the mb size of the game?

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
Zsolt, I see bonus ball fixes for STRIKE and FUTURE WORLD only; most if not all Zaccs had this feature.
That was on my request. At the moment I don't recall more bonus balls. On Zaccaria tables the EBs are often given as Orange Special or Blue Special. After the update I will have to check the tables and there might be more problems. With the new version some tables will play easier. Until now I wasn't able to light the inlanes on Strike. I will check that. On Zankor I wonder about the left orbit which seems only good for a quick drain. I also ask myself about the center target on EWF which doesn't score anything when not lit. There are many situations to explore.

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
Indeed much respect and a big for all the hardwork from Zsolt and just great to see all the input from everyone.

I'm happy with this update and although it adresses quite some issues it doesnt address all the issues everyone posted till now, and personally i would be very happy if ASK will release another update which fixes the rest of the issues.

Last edited:

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
I found a glitch in Pinball Champ 82. If you can manage to shoot the ball back up into the top playing field just as your time expires ie:15,20,30 sec etc... Then you have unlimited time up there as the flippers still work and there is no countdown. It's a one in a million shot but I managed it twice so far and as long as I could keep the ball up there I was able to keep the flippers going.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.