1.13.0 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

eckless

Sep 11, 2012
Is it a placebo or are the AFM pop bumpers more poppy?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

eckless

Sep 11, 2012
In plunger view 1 the plunger isn't animated going into the table very well. it just sort of disappears and the entire area of the front of the table does a lot of flickering. During the attract mode there is a lot of flickering. I'll have to try and get a video of this as it won;t show on a screen grab. Keep in mind video of a tablet will be limited in how it's obtained.

Let me play some games for a while to see if the flicker is really as bad as I seem to think it is

I think I am getting the same flicker you are describing on my Nexus 10, but not on my Nexus 4. I am seeing it on most every table on my Nexus 10. Only happens when the camera is moving. Flickering stops once the camera is still.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Bass Mummy

Jul 26, 2012
Device/OS: Nexus 7 / 4.2.2

Bug Description:pop Bumpers missing in Dr. Dude.

Steps To Reproduce: None

Frequency: 100%

Additional Comments:

N

netizen

The new table pack has massive over draw flickering in the scene transitions. The worst is the change over from attract mode to the actual play mode.

In WW there is bad flickering and de-rezing at the mountains, in SS the left side of the the cabinet and the coin door are the worse but the roll throughs and the bumpers suffer from it as well during the attract to play switch over.

I am uploading a video of the issues in WW to utoob, but it takes time to up and convert, I did it in 1080p so I hope that it will show up as I had to film my tablet and I'm not sure if the effects will be visible :-/

K

Korven

Installed the beta & bought the new tables on my SGSII. Installing it on my Nexus 7 and the new tables are under "new tables", trying to buy them it says I own them but I can only play the free version.

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
Looks like white water is missing the cover for the bit that the ball rolls down before it gets to the left flipper

sharkbear

Jul 26, 2012
Anyone else confused by the new jet bumpers on Dr. Dude? The clear plastic is pretty much invisible...

Edit -- nevermind, already reported.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Space Shuttle

Top-down plunger view needs to be centered over the plunger lane, not over the center of the table. (see General Observations for a more verbose list)

I don't have an intimate knowledge of this table, so I can't really provide any further insights than that.

I think the lighting effects on this table seem to be quite well implemented compared with other tables of that era. The Space and Shuttle flashers seem to be lit well.

White Water

I can't really see anything wrong with this table from a digital mechanical perspective. I will keep poking around and see if I can't find me some bugs, but things are looking pretty good.

The only thing I can say is the table feels quite slow in comparison to a real one (at least the real one I cut my teeth on in the 90's). That table is lightning fast, particularly the left kickout to the right flipper. The ball seems to float around the playfield a bit. Kind of like the operator hasn't set the playfield pitch to factory alignment ;)

Other updated tables

So what exactly has been updated in the tables netizen mentioned? Res files? Bugs? Tournament enablement? Bueller?

General observations

Plunger view and guides need to be reviewed on all plunger tables. It isn't so important on coil-launched tables like TNG and AFM. And consistency of plunger alignment and plunger scales would be awesome as a long-term goal.

N

netizen

Device/OS: Nexus 10 / 4.2.2

Bug Description: Overdraw flickering on every table

Steps To Reproduce: None required. Simply load the table and see.

Frequency: 100%

Additional Comments: At first I thought this was limited to the updated and new tables, but I checked a few tables that hadn't been updated and the flickering in the attract mode in there too. I don't know if this is a side effect of the Ouya optimization process, or if this is another Nexus 10 Screen Resolution issue. ST:TNG has a neat issue where the R Ramp alternates between transparent, opaque and not there.

N

netizen

And now for my pinballarcadefans forum speaking debut ...

Here's a video of the flickering, over draw issues on WW with a death defying narration courtesy of no-one else but your fearless pinball aficionado.

You may want to play this back in maximum resolution to see the anomalies, it's the nature of filming another display meh. The Plunger ones are easy to see, but the ones further up on the screen and the flipper ones may be less clear. My cell phone is far from anything professional quality. But this gives a general idea of the happy haps.

FYI SS is way, way worse, and this is happening to varying degree on every table on a Nexus 10, as reported above. Up there ^^ somewheres.

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
Manage tables on the options screen on a nexus 7 seems to close the app.

Also trying to launch into cactus canyons free version is closing the app, so I currently can't play that. Not sure about paid.

Last edited:

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Manage tables on the options screen on a nexus 7 seems to close the app.

Oh, that manage tables feature I wanted is in. :-D

But broken :-(

Good spotting. That needs to be a front menu tile button if you ask me.

Change log. Please, can we get one Ryan? I know it was a very late night for you though, so I can understand if writing this up wasn't very high on your to-do list...

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
Me again ... WW plunger markers seem to be under the plunger instead of on the metal piece above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online