1.13.0 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
White Water is playing fast and furious on my Galaxy S III just like it should and as good as your scripting was for Space Shuttle on PHOF:TWC, full ROM emulation makes a world of difference and I'm loving it. I can't wait for you guys to ROM emulate Black Knight, Black Hole, Firepower, Genie and Gorgar.

I'll post my bug report once I have spent a little more time with the app itself and all of the tables.

N

netizen

Manage tables on the options screen on a nexus 7 seems to close the app.

Also trying to launch into cactus canyons free version is closing the app, so I currently can't play that. Not sure about paid.

The paid version of CC crashes/closes the app as well

sanchhat

Mar 21, 2013
Anyone notice any issues with big foot's face when he turns his head around after making the top flipper shot on the upper play field. His head isn't completely shown. It appears covered by the back of his face which doesn't rotate correctly with the rest of his head. See attach image.

6ysenuna.jpg

I'm playing on a nexus 7.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Does this mean I can finally exhale about the identity of the other table? :p

If it helps you feel important why not.

Also - Cactus Canyon crashes on start. Deleted table data and redownloaded, but still crashes 100% of time after being picked from scrolling table menu.
Nexus 7 unlocked, rooted stock JB 4.2.2

karl

May 10, 2012
Playing on Samsung Galaxy tablet 2 7"
I have only tried it a couple of times. I had the same problem with manage tables. It closes the app. I also had Big foot's head go transparent at one point. You could see the bluish background instead of part of his head.
I could be wrong because I have a low resolution stuttering device but it looks like there is mylar on the upper playfield? You can see the line going up next to the flipper, this is exactly how my White Water upper playfield looked before I got a new playfield.

Last edited:

Timelord

Oct 29, 2012
Device/OS: Asus TF700T / 4.2.1

Bug Description:Extra "0" in scoreboard following actual score amount
Steps To Reproduce: None

Frequency: 100%

Additional Comments:

This tables graphics are absolutely outstanding and game play is authentic, Kudos !

:D

Timelord ...

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Oh, that manage tables feature I wanted is in. :-D

But broken :-(

Good spotting. That needs to be a front menu tile button if you ask me.

Change log. Please, can we get one Ryan? I know it was a very late night for you though, so I can understand if writing this up wasn't very high on your to-do list...

Manage tables was in previous version too, under options from main menu.

Timelord

Oct 29, 2012
Originally posted by night Can you guys post 2 screenshots of the new tables?

8634600112_bb5ecb5e74_h.jpg

Space Shuttle

8634599376_039d5eb436_h.jpg

White Water

Timelord ...

Last edited:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S III
Android Version 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean)

TPA BETA 1.13.0a : Automatic download of new table versions (if applicable) checked. Only running apps in the background my phone requires. Phone was reset before running TPA BETA.

Big Shot New Table Version : Yes

• On plunger camera 1 in portrait view, the plunger is completely out of view on the right side of the screen.

Black Hole New Table Version : Yes

• Ball accelerates unnaturally when it comes in contact with the drop targets.

Cactus Canyon New Table Version : No

Pressing start on the Table Menu crashes the game 100% of the time.

Creature from the Black Lagoon New Table Version : No

• Right flipper does not pivot from the correct axis point on the round end of the flipper.

Dr. Dude New Table Version : Yes

• Caps are missing on all three pop bumpers.

Elvira and the Party Monsters New Table Version : No

• Slingshot animations are missing.
• Slingshot mechanical sound does not play when the ball hits the right slingshot.
• On plunger camera 1 in portrait view, the plunger is partly out of view on the right side of the screen.

Harley-Davidson Third Edition New Table Version : No

• Left Slingshot animation is not working correctly.

Medieval Madness New Table Version : No

• Fast shot to Merlin Lock travels through the back to the bumpers without locking.
• Both flippers do not pivot from the correct axis points on the round end of the flippers.
• The red flashers on the peasant and damsel ramps are not working.
• Clear plastic ball guides are missing from the left half of both the Peasant and Damsel ramps. These clear plastic ball guides should guide the ball back to the right flipper when a weak shot does not make it all the way up either ramp.
• Flag decals on the apron are set too high.
• Drawbridge missing wood graphic on inside of open draw bridge.
• Artwork on both sides of the backbox are backwards.
• After shooting the ball around the right orbit, the ball does not always hug the left wall when coming out of the left side of the orbit and ends up hitting something on the right wall causing the ball to hit the left wall and ricochet to the right causing you to lose the ball SDTM.
• Ball occasionally gets stuck on the open drawbridge with the metal strip on the tip of the drawbridge not allowing the ball to pass through back onto the playfield. Nudging will allow the ball to pass through back onto the playfield.
• You can shoot two balls into Merlin's saucer at the same time. Other balls should bounce off a ball that is occupying Merlin's saucer.
• All playfield light bulbs are missing.
• The slingshot plastics are not lit.

No Good Gofers New Table Version : No

• Both flippers do not pivot from the correct axis points on the round end of the flippers.
• Artwork on the right side of the backbox is backwards, but the logo is correct.
• On plunger camera 1 in portrait view, the plunger is partly out of view on the right side of the screen.
• All playfield light bulbs are missing.
• Knocker sound sample is incorrect.

Ripley’s Believe It or Not! New Table Version : No

• Right slingshot ruber band is positioned too low to where it’s laying on the playfield. It should be centered on the slingshot casing like the ruber band on the left slingshot casing is.
• Plunger graphic on the front of the machine has issues.
• The shape of the Diverter graphic is distorted.
• The shape of the red ramp underneath the Diverter is distorted.
• White pop bumper graphics towards the top right of the playfield have issues.

Space Shuttle New Table Version : Yes

• There is an extra zero on the scoreboard for Player 1 and Player 4.
• The credits/ball in play display needs to be moved to the lower left hand corner of the screen in both portrait and landscape view.
• Pop bumpers are not animated.

Tales of the Arabian Nights New Table Version : No

• Ball movement is choppy and table no longer runs at 60fps.
• Genie magnet activates and moves ball during multi-ball and princess locks...Magnet should not activate during these two locks.
• Ball does not sit directly in front of the tip of the plunger while in the plunger lane.
• Artwork and “Williams” logo on the left side of the backbox is backwards. Artwork on the right side of the backbox is backwards, but the “Williams” logo is correct.

Taxi New Table Version : No

• Wire gate on the right loop to the roll-overs moves as the ball passes just above and to the right of it on the right ramp.
• The bottom two taxi car playfield lights’ on/off graphics do not match.

Theatre of Magic New Table Version : No

• Bally logo on the left side of the backbox is backwards, but the artwork is correct.
• Plunger and plunger casing graphics are missing.
• Left slingshot rubber band graphic going around the red plastic posts is incomplete.

White Water New Table Version : Yes

• Bigfoot's face graphic does not display correctly when facing towards the player.
• Plunger casing graphics are incorrectly displayed below the casing instead of on top.
• Plunger, ball and habitrail are not lined up correctly.
• When highlighting White Water on the Table Menu, the Cactus Canyon pinball machine graphic is shown instead of the White Water pinball machine graphic.
• The contrast/brightness of the mid playfield needs to be toned down a bit.

All Tables

Selecting Manage Tables in the Options Menu crashes the game 100% of the time.
• All mechanical sounds, except for the flipper sound, have a half second delay.
• Table logos are covering the scoreboard/DMD during the attract/fly-over screen and need to be moved down.
• Flipper shadows are static. They should be animated and move with the flippers.
• All roll-over sensors should be animated.
• On tables with a manual plunger, after the first bounce off the tip of the plunger, the ball can be hit without it contacting the plunger a second time...The ball should only be able to be hit while in contact with the tip of the plunger.
Framerate seems to drop to 30fps at various times and the only way to reset the framerate back to 60fps is to pause and then resume the game. This trick does not work on Tale of the Arabian Nights anymore.
• When you press the "home" key while in the middle of a game, the pop bumper lights are off when you return to the game and are only relight when a trigger in the game that lights the pop bumpers is activated. This also happens if you pause the game before pressing the "home" key.

I have highlighted possible game breaking bugs in red which require immediate attention.

Ryan, please take what you need from this list and pass the rest on to those who can use this information. Thanks.

Last edited:

night

May 18, 2012
Many thanks Timelord for posting the graphics!

I edited my critique, I'll wait and see how it turns-out on the iOS.

Last edited:

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
The kick-out from the Lost Mine is really weak, I've got access to an onsite machine near me and it always fires it hard at the right flipper, the only way to control it is to drop catch it, if you leave the flipper down it ends up fired up the inlane and then drop back down over the top of the sling 9 times out of 10.

Please don't dumb the table down :(

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Manage tables was in previous version too, under options from main menu.

(rant post [not directed at Carl] follows)

And it was never announced as an new feature? Why not? Or did I miss a memo?

Or was there an official response in the many threads with this request, to which I am subscribed?

Did the manage tables feature work in the previous release? To what extent?

This is why we need change logs...

Last edited:

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
The kick-out from the Lost Mine is really weak, I've got access to an onsite machine near me and it always fires it hard at the right flipper, the only way to control it is to drop catch it, if you leave the flipper down it ends up fired up the inlane and then drop back down over the top of the sling 9 times out of 10.

Please don't dumb the table down :(

Yep, I remember the up kicker strength on that eject was brutal on the real machine. It should violently eject and scare the crap or of you the first time, and then make you alert for the eject for subsequent shots.

canuck

Nov 28, 2012
At least the colour correction looks better (perhaps a little over saturated), so there's that.

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
(rant post [not directed at Carl] follows)

And it was never announced as an new feature? Why not? Or did I miss a memo?

Or was there an official response in the many threads with this request, to which I am subscribed?

Did the manage tables feature work in the previous release? To what extent?

This is why we need change logs...
You could only delete the res files through it.

Light on the waterfall ramp is orange when it should be yellow too.

Last edited:

goforthewall

Feb 21, 2012
The back button (on SGSII) no longer works to back out of a tables attract mode to the table selection menu. Only the "exit table" button will let you do this... IIRC this used to work fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.