1.13.0 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Yes, Space Shuttle is 100% ROM eumulated.

Thanks, Pinwiz. That is excellent news. Space Shuttle was the re-release table I was least excited about, but with the news that it is Rom emulated, I am really looking forward to it.

N

netizen

On the table selection carousel, when you select White Water, the machine displayed is Cactus Canyon.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Installed the beta & bought the new tables on my SGSII. Installing it on my Nexus 7 and the new tables are under "new tables", trying to buy them it says I own them but I can only play the free version.

Log out of your farsight acccount and back in, make sure you kill the app completely and start it again and it should restore your purchases.

I also agree with Jared that changelogs would be awesome for us to review what has been fixed and point us toward things to look at.

AFM: The bumpers seem to be a lot more sensitive. Is it me or are the lights brighter too? I have tried this on my Note2 and not my Nexus 7 yet so I will know for sure in a few hours. Also, I'm pretty sure it was Night that commented once about low res textures for the table art. I don't think he's spot on here but has a valid complaint.

I've noticed that on my Nexus 7 and my GF's Galaxy S3, the table art is sharp as a tack, both overhead and at a playing angle (cam 1). On my Note 2, when viewed straight down, the mylars are sharp as a tack but when viewed from the regular playing angle, the lower area is fine and about halfway to where the ramps would usually start it's very low-res and blurry. This seems more like a filtering issue on some devices.

I can say for sure: NEXUS 7 and Galaxy S3 have no issue

Note 2 does have the issue. This isn't specific to this beta but thought I would bring it up for comment here first

Drawken

Oct 2, 2012
I've been waiting ever so patiently for Space Shuttle to finally make it to TPA since it was one of my faves in PHOF, and you guys have finally done it! :D
Though, the lack of transparency on the lock lanes makes me sad. :(

On AFM, after a few short games it SEEMS that the right orbit bug is gone, but can't be 100% positive since that bug wouldn't always show itself in all my games.
Can anyone confirm if at has been fixed or not?

As for any new bugs, everything I've noticed has already been reported.

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
Yeah, the lock lanes being non transparent bugged me too. I can't imagine those small things caused performance issues.
Really surprised at SS though, was never a fan if it on Williams but I think I'm really liking it.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Thanks guys, I'll start combing through and fixing what I can. Its going to be a scramble due to our's and mine schedule unfortunately. As far as a changelog I have not had time with Ouya stuff to address anything. With the old tables that were updated, all that was supposed to be updated were instructions (localization)

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
On the iOS version of White Water all of the landscape views seem distant to me. Is this the case on android?

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Yup, those were updated with localization (we get the instructions translations a bit later than when we submit). If we can't figure out the broken Dr. Dude I am just going to knock that one back one revision due to time.

new res files for AFM, BS, BH, DD, FH, ST:TNG, + this months table pack Wowza!

Any change log or are we playing Where's Waldo again, lol

Timelord

Oct 29, 2012
Both views of WW seem more distant on Android to me Kolchak. Space Shuttle seems to be closer, see my images above (all using camera view #3). I prefer the closer aspect view vs distant, but that's me.

They usually tune the camera views before actual release, hopefully this will get squared away.

Timelord ...

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Both views of WW seem more distant on Android to me Kolchak. Space Shuttle seems to be closer, see my images above (all using camera view #3). I prefer the closer aspect view vs distant, but that's me.

They usually tune the camera views before actual release, hopefully this will get squared away.

Timelord ...

Thanks Timelord. Yeah I much prefer the Shuttle views also. Fingers crossed on the WH2O views being changed for the official release.

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
It should look (TPA playfield is WAY too bright) and play like this:

[video=vimeo;34852592]http://vimeo.com/34852592[/video]

On the TPA version you can keep attempting the Whirlpool and Insanity Falls from the rebound which again, isn't possible on a real machine.

I'm going to vote with my wallet this time I'm afraid if these issues aren't resolved, Wh2o is one of my favourite machines and I'm not prepared to make do with a dumbed down version.

Last edited:

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
On the TPA version you can keep attempting the Whirlpool and Insanity Falls from the rebound which again, isn't possible on a real machine.
Actually, yes it is on some Whitewaters. The one local to me sometimes allows multiple attempts depending on how hard the shot was and where it hit.

K

Korven

Log out of your farsight acccount and back in, make sure you kill the app completely and start it again and it should restore your purchases.

Thanks! Tried that a few times before and even rebooting the N7 didnt work, had to download a task killer and it did the trick!

N

netizen

No, not 8 or 9. But 3 or 4 isn't too uncommon.

I can't get more than 3 or 4 without falling into a loop of rebounds that will never go in a ramp, or nudging, and getting a warning or two, to try and get the ball to the flipper in a "scoring" position.

I found that the audio on WW was garbled and not clear...

odd i found the beginning, start screen, of SS was unclear or at least poorly mixed.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
So it sounds like Bobby is still doing some tuning on WW. Also I got confirmation that AFM bumpers were modified to be more poppy. Also the DD bumpers were missing due to a glitch, when its updated they should now move (this was bugged earlier by you guys).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts