Beta 1.14

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

netizen

I lost network connection mid game, when the game I was playing finished, TPA crashed as soon as the High score screen showed up.

I'll have to try a no net connection at start to test and see if this is reproducible.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Nice work Ryan! - couple of problems though.

'Invert nudge' setting isn't persistent.

Also the default setting for 'Invert nudge' is off, meaning the nudge directions are still reversed by default.

Any chance you can make the 'Nudge type' (shake/touch/off) setting persistent while your fixing the other.

Thanks again.

Edit:- Full data wipe, uninstall, reinstall has fixed persistency issue fot nudge invert setting.

Last edited:

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
On space shuttle, the random shuttle value setting has been changed. It used to be fixed at bonus holdover + 50 000 at beginning of each game, now it actually selects a random reward at beginning of each game. This changes gameplay strategies as you can restart game until you have extra ball lit at beginning of game.

goforthewall

Feb 21, 2012
Thanks Ryan for doing such a stellar job (as always) on the open beta!! Regarding version 29b: 1. Centaur and Pin*Bot are generally stuttery (akin to Dr. Dude!) on SGSII using newest Android JB stock rom. 2. In portrait view the "cancel" button is cut off at the bottom of the "buy table screen" and can't be pressed. 3. The table logos also overlay the top most option, "controls" in the table options menu (since there's so many new options in there now :) ). Btw.: was Space Shuttle the only updated rez file this time around? It's the only one that prompted me to update. Wasn't there an "update all" feature planned?

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
I had to yank the update all functionality out as it was causing issues unfortunately. Thanks guys for all the feedback, since we are launching today I am going to have to cut it here as far as changes but I am going to keep working on these other issues as I finish up my other tasks.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Ryan - whilst you're online, did you have any thoughts what could be causing the upheld flipper to drop when you touch nudge on same side of screen, or whats causing 2 point touch limit? - originally posted Here

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Ryan, if you don't mind, could you add the alpha planes back into Pin●Bot so that we can test performance? I believe the bug you fixed on the latest beta was the real culprit in the table having framerate issues. I'd hate to see the alpha planes left off the final release if it's not necessary.

The only thing that changed in Totan is the generic environment. The online bug was only just introduced in 29a and fixed in 29b, not sure what might have changed for that. We may change it in the future but for today's update I am on a lockdown.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
could be a driver issue, not seeing it on the s3 weird =\

Does it on both Nexus 7 and HTC Desire.

If 'invert nudge = on' hold left flipper, tap left-hand nudge quarter.

2 touch points max is on both devices too. (only in TPA).

Edited - to correct report of fault.

Last edited:

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
hmmm ok i will have to take a look at that, we plan on doing an interim build so I will look into that as well.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
hmmm ok i will have to take a look at that, we plan on doing an interim build so I will look into that as well.

If you want a video of it, just PM me and I'll shoot one.
This has been happening since Feb 2012, but with only 2 nudge options wasn't a problem until you reversed touch nudging.
Thanks Ryan.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
thats strange, if invert nudge is on it should act just like it always did since invert nudge was how it was implemented.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
thats strange, if invert nudge is on it should act just like it always did since invert nudge was how it was implemented.

Sorry - my bad, with invert nudge = on, cradle on left and nudge on left causes flip. Or same with cradle on right, touch right hand nudge quarter, causes flip.

This happens 80%of time, but occasionally the fault doesn't occur.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
since I am so scattered between projects and have less time to read through posts I wonder if it would be a good idea to have a stickied thread for just android bugs in general, with one mega post at the top that lists them all letting users and I post underneath reporting new bugs & fixes hmmm...

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
Not sure if it's because I bought most or what but the scrolling on season 2 feels broken. You can't scroll you have to poke and go one at a time.

Edit: guess it's because only 4 are left to buy. Installed again on a different play account and it's fine. Any way to improve scrolling when the table count gets low?

Last edited:

Mad07

Feb 13, 2013
Just try the 29b:
Internet timed out(Hotel) and the App crashed, once again

Also I can confirmed, that at minimum Pin Bot shows short freezes on the ball. So I'm sure, that the improvements which was in, wasn't the baddes ones. Now every time if other action is required, like a ramp goes up or down the ball stocks a little time. I haven't seen this one in the first beta.

Maybe some who have solved all goals with Firepower:
Could someone confirmed, that is or isn't possible to switch tilt on/off.? In this case, I received a every time that I must solve first of the standard and master goals. I've play also the last open master goal once again (over 750k) but it doesn't help (see also the screenshoot in another thread)

Tomorrow evening I'm back at home with a normal network:)

Gesendet von meinem A510 mit Tapatalk 2

Mad07

Feb 13, 2013
@Ryan
Pls insert the improvements for the performance back in code!

Mad07

Feb 13, 2013
Next crash under same condition:
Finish Pin Bot, insert the 3 char for a highscore, the popup with the final score of all 4player comes up, after that it's need a small time : crash.
It's look like that the connection timed out too

Btw. : this doesn't means, that the Wifi or socket is out of service:It's means that no server outside of the network is reachable.
As example a screenshoot att
da4atu4u.jpg

Last edited:

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Not quite sure I understand this one.

Next crash under same condition:
Finish Pin Bot, insert the 3 char for a highscore, the popup with the final score of all 4player comes up, after that it's need a small time : crash.
It's look like that the connection timed out too

Btw. : this doesn't means, that the Wifi or socket is out of service:It's means that no server outside of the network is reachable.
As example a screenshoot att
da4atu4u.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts