Beta 1.14

Status
Not open for further replies.

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Device : Samsung s3

Table: Pinbot

Bug description :if you turn off hud, it turns itself back on after game is over, meaning you have to turn hud off over and over again every single round.

McGuirk

Feb 25, 2012
Can't say I've run into very noticeable slowdown on my N7, though I sometimes got a few dropped frames today on both new tables. Might have been a background service, I don't know.

The sounds in Pinbot might need some fixing. Some of the 'background' sounds and the Pinbot voice come in very quiet, compared to the table music. It also looks like the ball is going to come out of the back of the ramp when you collect the energy value.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Can't say I've run into very noticeable slowdown on my N7, though I sometimes got a few dropped frames today on both new tables. Might have been a background service, I don't know.

The sounds in Pinbot might need some fixing. Some of the 'background' sounds and the Pinbot voice come in very quiet, compared to the table music. It also looks like the ball is going to come out of the back of the ramp when you collect the energy value.

I've noticed some sound quality issues as well. I know that era of games didn't have great quality speech, but the sounds sound quite muddy. I can't really speak with conviction because I have not played a Pin*Bot IRL, but if someone at Farsight could compare with the real machine, that might be a good idea.

sharkbear

Jul 26, 2012
In Pinbot, I'm getting a lot of house balls where the jets are powerful enough to shoot the ball into the left outline. I have not played much Pinbot IRL but every YouTube video I've seen shows the ball consistently exiting the jets and falling below the left slingshot.

N

netizen

In Pro Mode the operator menu buttons are not there on any table.
----------------------
In WH20 activating Bigfoot Hotfoot doesn't light bigfoot bluff all the time, and when it does the ball goes into the whirlpool instead of down the bluff.
-------------------------
In Centaur any credits earned and displayed in the HUD do not get carried over to the next game. As soon as you start the next game, without having exited, the HUD goes blank, then all displays, in use, show a zero except for the ball in play display. This is relatively inconsequential but possibly shows a ROM communication error.

Last edited:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
In Pro Mode the operator menu buttons are not there on any table.
----------------------
WH20 will not start with Pro Mode enabled

I can confirm that the buttons are invisible in the operator's menu on my Galaxy S III.

WH20 works fine here with Pro Mode enabled. Maybe you tried to start the table too quickly after exiting the operator's menu.

N

netizen

After reading your comment I went back and re-tried WH20, it takes almost 10 second for the ROM to go through test mode :confused:

None of the other pro modes are that slow, and even if they are still initializing when i press the start button they will go straight into the game once it has finished.

Out of all the pro modes WH20 is the only one that will start before the ROM has completely initialized. This will get rid of the start button menus and leave the table rotating in the attract mode video cycle, with the attract animations on the table and the HUD DMD.

Last edited:

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Are you guys seeing this on Totan as well?

I can confirm that the buttons are invisible in the operator's menu on my Galaxy S III.

WH20 works fine here with Pro Mode enabled. Maybe you tried to start the table too quickly after exiting the operator's menu.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Ryan - quick question while your online.
Is Android getting the exact same nudge system ios beta got? which has the up, sideways and diagonal nudges. And the 5 different button layout options. Drool.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
eventually, a lot of that was done while I was gone and I am still playing catchup. There were more bugs with this beta than I had hoped. Fixing the last one and then moving on to that =)

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Wanted to report a couple of long standing Android bugs/annoyances - not beta specific.

1 - TPA only allows 2 simultaneous touchscreen occurrences at any time. This occurs with both touch & shake nudge. This is TPA specific as other apps allow multi occurrences on the same device.
This limits capabilities during multiball.

2 - to describe this bug, think of the screen split into 4 equal quarters, these being, on the left side of screen - left flip & left nudge / right side of screen - right flip & right nudge.
With nudge set to 'touchscreen', press and hold left flip, touch left nudge and the energised flipper coil pulses. Or...
Press and hold right flip, touch right nudge, and right flipper coil pulses. Opposite touch (hold left flip, touch right nudge) doesn't affect the energised coil, and works correctly though.
This description is with new 1.14 beta, the bug was present in all previous versions, but worked on opposite quarters prior to nudge being reversed (ie press and hold left flip, touch right nudge and left upheld flipper will pulse.)
This makes cradling and nudging simultaneously very difficult.
Energised flipper coils are not affected by 'shake nudging' in either direction though so it's touch nudge specific.

All above bugs occur on both an N7 JB 4.2.2 and a HTC Desire running 2.3.7 so I'm guessing it's happening on all Android devices, not specific to me.

Last edited:
N

netizen

Not sure how important, or consequential this is, but I have managed to glitch out Pin*Bot by finding this, and this issue is present on Centaur as well.

During the pseudo-attract that happens between pressing start and getting the plunge screen you have limited control of the flippers. I know this is happening due to the sound of them flipping. IDK what pattern I flipped but I managed to get Pin*Bot to not go to plunge screen on the first ball, and then to launch 2 balls on ball #2.

I managed to get a really poorly centered video of it happening right up to my Nexus 10 doing the full on collapse. when it is upped i'll post a link.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
found an interesting bug that might help gpu bound devices on old style ldc tables, it was drawing a huge chunk of useless alpha. Anyone (aside from the two new tables) seeing issues with bride, dude, elvira party, funhouse, shuttle, taxi?

N

netizen

DD, FH, SSHTL - Yes they seem to be running slower.

Taxi, EATPM - Not anything noticeable

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
This could help...not sure. As you may know way back last year I made a performance fix to only update half of the hud every frame, so top half one frame bottom half next and so on. For whatever reason the lower bit was drawing more alpha below the hud, which is not necessary. Depends on your gpu of course but we shall see...

N

netizen

The biggest difference i notice with SSHTL is that the ball doesn't seem to exit the bumpers directly to the R outlane in this build for whatever reason. That and the HUD is all messed up, if those two issues are related, then there is a deeper issue in how the HUD affects the physics :-/

Here's my crappy video of the Pin*Bot flipper issue. Ignore my tablet crashing at the end, I had left TPA in memory overnight :eek:

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
how weird can you repro that? Also shuttle stuff has been fixed, gonna try to get some more done and then update you guys with a new build and my change list.

N

netizen

The flipper action is 100% reproducible and happens in Centaur as well.

The ball(s) being launched without going to the plunge screen has happened 3 times in about 20-25 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts