Beta 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

rob3d

Feb 20, 2012
The frame rate drops I was getting on the previous build are no longer an issue on my nexus 4. Thanks

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Played a 2.7 mil game of black hole on the note 2 and it was silky smooth as well. That was one of the worst tables for frame drops as it used to happen with startling regularity upon going to the lower playfield.

That said a nasty little collosion bug on black hole still exists where a good hard shot from the upper righr flipper into the upper playfield ball lock will go through the wall and into the upper lane to the lower playfield. I'll try and get a video of this

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Flight 2000 plays smoothly on s3 now. Dr Dude still minor framerate issues.

Is it possible to have a option for wider touch area for flippers when using shake nudging? Especially when in portrait mode i sometimes press to close to centre of screen and flippers don't engage.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Sounds like the rez file needs to be version bumped. I am out of the office but can probably do it tomorrow. For now just revert to the previous beta if you want to play afm. Anyone seeing any difference in frame rate stability wise?

A significant difference. Not a hint of slowdown on the TF300T, which was definitely affected before 16b.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
It seemed good to me before on both device's, but there is a definite improvement in smoothness and consistency.

Has anyone tried this on an older device yet? I think Bonzo said he was using a 1ghz single core.

N

netizen

Flight 2000 plays smoothly on s3 now. Dr Dude still minor framerate issues.

Is it possible to have a option for wider touch area for flippers when using shake nudging? Especially when in portrait mode i sometimes press to close to centre of screen and flippers don't engage.

Scroll the options down to see the expanded new options including show touch zones etc.

Since the last build there has been a new option to have touch zones be visible, a new 5 way touch nudging scheme and 6 different touch nudge configurations. You can still use shake nudge if you want, the setting is now persistent, but you can show the touch zones to find a setting that will give you larger touch zones. I suggest F or B

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
Bought the pro version of Going Nuts. Game plays great, but trying to go into the pro menu crashes TPA completely. Nexus 7 using beta 6b aligned.

Last edited:
N

netizen

It seemed good to me before on both device's, but there is a definite improvement in smoothness and consistency.

Has anyone tried this on an older device yet? I think Bonzo said he was using a 1ghz single core.

I just tried this Beta build on an HTC Panache:
Chipset Qualcomm MSM8255 Snapdragon
CPU 1 GHz Scorpion
GPU Adreno 205

I found that Goin Nuts felt slow, but didn't stutter at all. but given the transperancies, and multiball on a timer i am not surprised.
It seemed that Flight 2000 ran smoother on the single core Adreno powered cell phone compared to a Nexus 10.

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
read the change notes
why do you think I didn't?

"pro mode door issue and the crash" sounds related to what I saw, but my experience was that it crshed *before* even getting to the coin door, so, hence, I posted what I saw.

Hope that clarifies things.

N

netizen

Flight 2000 Operators menu has no HUD.
The UI is there; enter: adv: up/down: escape: back: reset

But there's no HUD to show the alpha numeric display of what the machine is showing the operator.

Going' Nuts crashes TPA whenever you press the pro mode menu option. You can't even enter the pro mode menu. Simply pressing the pro mode menu option will crash TPA, with no crash report, and you're taken back to the home screen. I tried, both, in airplane mode and with a network connection, but neither made a difference.

why do you think I didn't?

Mostly because those issues relate to the reported bug

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
Going' Nuts crashes TPA whenever you press the pro mode menu option. You can't even enter the pro mode menu.
So it is confirmed that Goin' Nuts is getting a pro mode? Because that would be awesome!!! :D

Or, did Flight 2000 officially get Pro mode and the option was added to Goin' Nuts by mistake? :p

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
I got some horrific slowdown on Twilight Zone last night, but I also installed the new beta so I can't work out which version had the slowdown. I guess it's worth a shot for more people to try out Twilight Zone to see if anyone can repeat it. For the record it was during multiball and then it lasted until the end of the game, even when I drained the next ball was stuttery.

Also, not exactly a bug, but it still links to the T2 kickstarter (which will be over by the time the game updates) and the icon is still the same as the previous packs.

Goin' Nuts Pro Options crashes the app, but I think that's been covered already.

Also, is Pinball 101 just a placeholder for something else? Because it looks strange to have an icon there simply to say something is coming soon. Or does the app just point to a file on your server which hasn't been uploaded yet and returns a "coming soon" if it's not up there yet?

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
Mostly because those issues relate to the reported bug

Ah, I had read *Ryan's* change notes. I didn't see that you had reported this bug already in your post.

I offer my apologies, and my promise to exercise more due diligence in the future.

Last edited:

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
Wasn't going to get this pack, but glad I did. Flight 2000 is really good. Going Nuts is pretty boring for me though.

I have had a few crashes when accidentally pressing jelly bean home button at bottom of screen during play, coming back into TPA then resuming, usually force closes app.

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Scroll the options down to see the expanded new options including show touch zones etc.

Since the last build there has been a new option to have touch zones be visible, a new 5 way touch nudging scheme and 6 different touch nudge configurations. You can still use shake nudge if you want, the setting is now persistent, but you can show the touch zones to find a setting that will give you larger touch zones. I suggest F or B

Yes I know I would like the touch area to be even wider if possible. The widest setting is still pretty narrow. No reason to have middle part non-responsive. When holding phone in portrait mode it's more comfortable the closer to the center you can touch. Ideally the left/right split would be centre of screen and then a little more space under flippers wouldn't hurt. Like flight 2000 has now, but I guess it (more space) is because the wide body.

Indy99

May 24, 2013
While I never experienced major slowdowns on my Nexus 7, this new build just seems a bit smoother overall. Really a nice update. Very stable and smooth. I play in portrait mode, and too much of the sides in flight 2000 seem cut out. Would be nice to see the outlanes. But great work I love the improvements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts