Request Beta of Pinball Arcade for PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
I'm not sure if Steam has an approval process for patches, so I imagine we'll be releasing new table packs at or around the same time as the mobile.

I'm not completely sure, but Steam may just apply patches without the waiting involved. So the PC version could be first almost always, unless you feel it's best to combine releases with mobile, Mac, and OUYA.

jkonami

Apr 4, 2012
While I agree that the PC could be one of our largest markets, the business side is unsure what the sales will be. They do know the sales of Mobile version do way better console and mac. So since it's an unknown it's a lesser priority than getting tables out every month. We also haven't shipped a PC game in quite a few years, and the last one we did, I don't remember it selling all that well. But in all fairness it wasn't a pinball game =D

However, I'm working hard on steam so it's definitely coming. Just don't know what date exactly yet.

I just wanna say that I come to the forums here a couple of times a week exclusively for news about the PC/Steam release - and that's all I do. So please tell the business side there's at least one dude ready to unload his wallet on the PC version. :)

Anyhow, thanks for your hard work on all the platforms!

epthegeek

Mar 30, 2012
So far the plan is to release all tables that have been put out on mobile up to date at launch. You can buy the season 1 pass and get all the first year tables at a discounted rate. I'm not sure if Steam has an approval process for patches, so I imagine we'll be releasing new table packs at or around the same time as the mobile.

I absolutely can not wait to purchase *

/lying, have been waiting since last June

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Good God, suddenly i dont give a toss about the 360 version :). Do we have a rough release date yet?

Hope they have multi screen support, landscape & manual camera mode from the get go

Last edited:

AshleyAshes

Jun 27, 2012
I got a Nexus 4 today, my first real smart phone replacing my old Nokia E73. Tried out TPA on Android after using it and PHOF on 360, I was like 'Nope, just doesn't feel right or look right, not gonna buy it on Android, I'll wait to get it on Steam'

rob3d

Feb 20, 2012
I got a Nexus 4 today, my first real smart phone replacing my old Nokia E73. Tried out TPA on Android after using it and PHOF on 360, I was like 'Nope, just doesn't feel right or look right, not gonna buy it on Android, I'll wait to get it on Steam'

You should give it another shot, and turn on shake nudging. It definitely doesn't look as good as console but it plays great. Try out the free table of the month for a bit see if its worth your time.

AshleyAshes

Jun 27, 2012
You should give it another shot, and turn on shake nudging. It definitely doesn't look as good as console but it plays great. Try out the free table of the month for a bit see if its worth your time.

For some reason I just don't feel 'into it' like I do on my console or would on my PC. Which I admit is a bit odd, since I adored PHOF on my PSP.

seattlemark

Jan 8, 2013
For some reason I just don't feel 'into it' like I do on my console or would on my PC. Which I admit is a bit odd, since I adored PHOF on my PSP.

I'm that way. I have stopped buying tables on the Kindle Fire. If there was some way to use a controller, or even a keyboard, with TPA on the Kindle Fire (without risking the Kindle's warranty by rooting it) then that would be different and I would be thrilled to use the Kinde Fire with TPA again. It's just not so fun tapping the screen anymore, plus the direction of nudging feels backwards when tapping a tablet screen. (And TPA looks great using the Kindle Fire when its hooked up to a monitor or to a high def TV. It's the controller thing that bothers me.) So I kind of got apathetic about using the Kindle Fire anymore to play TPA with the tables I already own, or the demos of tables I don't own. Now, I am just waiting until the PC Steam Release so I can use it with either a keyboard or XBOX 360 controller (which I am hoping will be supported on the PC platform). I suspect that Farsight has a lot of their former customers no longer puchasing tables on the existing platforms, while those customers wait to see how long this takes with Steam.

Last edited:

Sexton Hardcastle

Jun 5, 2013
Now, I am just waiting until the PC Steam Release so I can use it with either a keyboard or XBOX 360 controller (which I am hoping will be supported on the PC platform). I suspect that Farsight has a lot of their former customers no longer puchasing tables on the existing platforms, while those customers wait to see how long this takes with Steam.

That's me from the moment Steam gave Farsight the green light and really (other than getting Big Shot on my tablet) since the Xbox situation has been waiting to clear up. I just don't see the point in buying any tables I know that I won't be playing on another machine once it's released for the PC market.

It's kinda killing me, but I can wait... What choice do I have?

SH

SpiffyRob

May 5, 2012
It's just not so fun tapping the screen anymore, plus the direction of nudging feels backwards when tapping a tablet screen.

I'm not sure if the Kindle is up to date in this regard, but the latest Android release allows you to reverse the direction of nudging. I realize this only addresses one of your many points, but it's something. :)

seattlemark

Jan 8, 2013
I'm not sure if the Kindle is up to date in this regard, but the latest Android release allows you to reverse the direction of nudging. I realize this only addresses one of your many points, but it's something. :)

Wow thanks SpiffyRob. I did not realize that feature (which I think I had heard was being looked at by Farsight) was implemented yet. That's great! Please, can you, or anyone, tell me if the following is now correct (which are based on a few tests I just ran)?

• When "Invert Nudge=Off", tapping the Right side of the table moves the table to the Left (like slapping the right side of a real table)?
  • When "Invert Nudge=Off", tapping the Left side of the table moves the table to the Right?
  • "Invert Nudge=On", is how TPA was behaving before this update?

Last edited:

rob3d

Feb 20, 2012
Wow thanks SpiffyRob. I did not realize that feature (which I think I had heard was being looked at by Farsight) was implemented yet. That's great! Please, can you, or anyone, tell me if the following is now correct (which are based on a few tests I just ran)?

• When "Invert Nudge=Off", tapping the Right side of the table moves the table to the Left (like slapping the right side of a real table)?
  • When "Invert Nudge=Off", tapping the Left side of the table moves the table to the Right?
  • "Invert Nudge=On", is how TPA was behaving before this update?

yes that is correct

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
How could it possibly not have portrait mode? All the mobile devices can be rotated while you are playing and the Mac version already has it.
Because the developer who is working on the PC version is currently focused on getting the Steam support in there, because the PC version was not touched for many months because FarSight was not even sure they could get on Steam and so they chose (correctly) to devote their limited resources elsewhere until they were Greenlit, and because at this point I think the majority is in favor of getting the PC version out quickly and worrying about cabinet and advanced graphics features later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts