Bugs, Glitches, and General Issues [PS VITA]

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Speaking of Black Rose I love that table so much I've started shopping for a real one. About 2 years I ran across an OK condition one for under 1k and now I'm kicking myself that I didn't grab it up.
The game is loaded with great, challenging and fun shots, but that ricochet shot is one of the coolest and most satisfying I can think of in any pinball game. Sinking Ships is extremely satisfying too.

So there's a guy here in town getting rid of his Black Rose, but he isn't interested in selling it.
he only wants to trade it for a tractor. Grrr....

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
I just had 2 balls fly off the table on BK. I was shooting from the left flipper up the right most ramp. The ball reappears in the plunger.

DrPinballs

Feb 15, 2014
Probably related to what I said ^few posts up, but high scores aren't uploading to leaderboards; specifically the scores I got while playing offline. Been over a week since I posted highs in AFM and Twilight Zone.

DrPinballs

Feb 15, 2014
Now that I played in portrait mode a lot more, I reached the Genie battle in ToTan and encountered that bug. The balls don't replenish during the battle, and the game locks and has to be restarted after the Genie wins.

Similar thing happened while playing portrait Monster Bash, as the camera locked after all the balls drained during Monsters of Rock. Camera locking in portrait (and forcing you to restart) happens on other tables too, but not regularly. Happened about 10 times in total, but now I get where all the complaints are coming from, since I always played in landscape before.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Now that I played in portrait mode a lot more, I reached the Genie battle in ToTan and encountered that bug. The balls don't replenish during the battle, and the game locks and has to be restarted after the Genie wins.

Similar thing happened while playing portrait Monster Bash, as the camera locked after all the balls drained during Monsters of Rock. Camera locking in portrait (and forcing you to restart) happens on other tables too, but not regularly. Happened about 10 times in total, but now I get where all the complaints are coming from, since I always played in landscape before.

You have got to be kidding me.
That bug has been documented now for 2 full years, we finally after all that time get a patch and they didn't even bother to fix it?
That seriously pisses me off.

Last edited:

DrPinballs

Feb 15, 2014
You have got to be kidding me.
******* morons! That bug has been documented now for 2 full ******* years, we finally after all that time get a patch and they didn't even bother to fix it?
That seriously pisses me off. I wish to God that an actual competent developer was making this game instead of these idiots. I'd fire every single one of them if I could.

They're not incompetent, they just don't care. That's what bothers me so much. Scared Stiff before and after the mega patch tells you everything you need to know about Farsight.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
IMO, you're both wrong. Flippy did say that not everything made it through on this patch. It will come.

DrPinballs

Feb 15, 2014
Nah. If it didn't make it through in time for submission, I can buy that. But how long has it been since then? Why did they just stop working on it? It wouldn't be a special patch like the last one (regarding the submission to Sony) so they can just release it at any time? Supposedly it didn't need much work so what's the delay? I'm not a "I want it now" kinda guy. There's just so much bull coming from Farsight and lots of people are buying it, which sucks. They'll have 50+ tables out soon. They'll soon run out of quality tables to port, so it would have been a much wiser business decision to put more focus on quality over quantity from the get go. I bet a significant chunk of the fanbase stopped buying DLC due to decreasing quality. Just my opinion.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
Some things didn't pass in-house testing in time to be submitted. You have to admit, there was a long list of issues.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Some things didn't pass in-house testing in time to be submitted. You have to admit, there was a long list of issues.

Sorry, but that is an excuse that doesn't apply to them at all.

It doesn't matter even one, single iota if there was a long list of issues. This is a glitch that shipped with the core game over 2 years ago. A glitch that was known about within just a few days of it being released. A glitch known of before the very first patch to the core game. before they ever even released any additional tables. A glitch that was documented here, emailed to them and posted on Facebook two years ago.

2 years. They have had two full years to fix their shoddy work. We finally get a patch that (almost) brings the game up to the level it should have been at this entire time, but yet they don't fix the well documented issues they have known about for that long? That's at the very least a year to long to use the excuse that "it didn't make it in time for submission".

As for in house testing I don't think they even do any. For example: Black Rose. As much as I love that table the plunger doesn't work right. The very first interaction you have with that table is bugged. If anyone there did any kind of quality control at all, they would have noticed that it flat out doesn't work right before they ever released the table. If someone did test the table there is absolutely no possible way they could have missed that problem, which means they sold it to us knowing full well it wasn't finished and didn't work right.

Either way they truly do not care one bit about the quality of their product.

DrPinballs

Feb 15, 2014

It's hardly an excuse, and again it only shows their lack of effort. We did wait until April 2014 to get a patch which makes the game as good as it should have been from the start. And we're still waiting for the rest of it. Keep in mind all the hard work is already been done for them, they don't actually create these tables, they just port them. They use ROM files I assume, which makes it even easier. It's something lots of individuals do for free, for Future Pinball/Visual Pinball. Farsight get paid and it's still quite shoddy.

And fans have been really great with their requests. It's impressive actually, at this day and age. They just want a functional game.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
I think it just shows that the Vita is not their top priority. I'm sure it's by far the least downloaded mobile platform they make. Fewer people to please.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
I think it just shows that the Vita is not their top priority. I'm sure it's by far the least downloaded mobile platform they make. Fewer people to please.

True. But if they are going to sell it then at the very least it shouldn't have any game-breaking bugs. Unfortunately it still does 2 years after release.
Bums me out because I figured with all the improvements this patch brought that the broken Wizard modes must have been fixed.

How in God's name could they have possibly missed that? I honestly don't see how it's even possible.

EDIT: Holy hell! That bug is literally the very first one listed in the very first post of this thread. Someone over there deserves a serious punch in the nose.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2013
OK BACK to the topic BUGS after the new patch here are some that i found.

Black Hole Victory,Genie and still Black Knight ..slow sputtered ball movement very annoying
Centaur game freezes after 5 multi-ball when you lose all balls the game freezes you have to reset
I have not played everything but these bug please fix F.S.
But i am happy to see some of the great improvements on the Vita now

When will these bugs be fixed F.S???????????????????????????????????????????????????

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
OK BACK to the topic BUGS after the new patch here are some that i found.

Black Hole Victory,Genie and still Black Knight ..slow sputtered ball movement very annoying
Centaur game freezes after 5 multi-ball when you lose all balls the game freezes you have to reset
I have not played everything but these bug please fix F.S.
But i am happy to see some of the great improvements on the Vita now

When will these bugs be fixed F.S???????????????????????????????????????????????????

I don't think Victory got patched.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012

Honestly I wouldn't expect them to ever be fixed.
Consider that it took them 2 full years to release the patch we just got, and it didn't even address many glitches that have been in the game since day 1.

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see us ever getting a fully working game on the Vita.

DrPinballs

Feb 15, 2014
There isn't a fully working game on any system (maybe iOS? didn't check), but if the Vita port comes from the Android/iOS version, then bugs should be fixed. I also don't have much confidence they will be.

Members online

Members online