Bugs, Glitches, and General Issues [PS VITA]

PoSTedUP

Dec 14, 2013
he was a big help listening to my concerns. lets just hope they didnt move on from the vita just yet, like, im sure we all dont mind smaller updates fixing things little by little untill they eventually catch up. id rather that than having to wait for a huge patch. it would be messed up if they made us wait again.

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Vita won't be forgotten and were still working on improving the Vita. I believe PS4 was next in line for a patch though. I'll see what I can do about catching the bugs being reported in various forums.

PoSTedUP

Dec 14, 2013
Vita won't be forgotten and were still working on improving the Vita. I believe PS4 was next in line for a patch though. I'll see what I can do about catching the bugs being reported in various forums.

see, ^SEE! :D. flippy's da man. thanks for the update buddy. that is certainly great to hear. we'll do our best to point out the bugs for when you guys get around to it. for now, we are really enjoying the new patch. still some bugs but it deff lived up to the hype, and most of us are happy. we appreciate the feedback, flippy. :)

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
new bug on Vita as of last patch 2.0 , BLACK HOLE : the ball turns transparent when the lower table is entered , and remains transparent until you drain , was using green custom skin on my ball . this is similar to the Twilight Zone table bug also reported with version 2.0

Neil L

Aug 5, 2012
new bug on Vita as of last patch 2.0 , BLACK HOLE : the ball turns transparent when the lower table is entered , and remains transparent until you drain , was using green custom skin on my ball . this is similar to the Twilight Zone table bug also reported with version 2.0

Is this the same pre-patch bug I posted here: http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/7468-Ball-rolling-under-the-lights (has the bonus skipping bug been fixed yet?)

I listed a list of (pre-patch) Vita bugs here: http://digitalpinballfans.com/showt...per-Patch-quot?p=140976&viewfull=1#post140976 (I don't know if any have been fixed as we won't be getting the patch until next week)

PoSTedUP

Dec 14, 2013
Is this the same pre-patch bug I posted here: http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/7468-Ball-rolling-under-the-lights (has the bonus skipping bug been fixed yet?)

I listed a list of (pre-patch) Vita bugs here: http://digitalpinballfans.com/showt...per-Patch-quot?p=140976&viewfull=1#post140976 (I don't know if any have been fixed as we won't be getting the patch until next week)

flight2k idk
whirlwind- no
victory- hell no
haunted- idk, maybe.
eldorado- no
T'dO- idk
BH- yes, i think.
Centaur- yeah
1812- nope
DrDude- yup
SS- probably, they redone the whole table.
creature- this^
goin nuts- ^this's "this"

:)

Blublub

Feb 23, 2014
Anyone else having problems getting Medieval Madness/Bride of Pinbot to run after the patch? I've tried redownloading the table pack and the pro upgrade three times now and I still get the "new table available" screen. Any workaround short of uninstalling/reinstalling PA and all tables?

PoSTedUP

Dec 14, 2013
Anyone else having problems getting Medieval Madness/Bride of Pinbot to run after the patch? I've tried redownloading the table pack and the pro upgrade three times now and I still get the "new table available" screen. Any workaround short of uninstalling/reinstalling PA and all tables?

someone else is having the same problem with the pro version, he tried everything, no fix. he said he can play it regular w/o the pro upgrade, but thats the only way he can play it. i think he said he can play Brideofpin·bot in pro tho? not sure. he posted in the "vita patch" thread, in the last couple of pages

Last edited:

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012

Even with all the graphics problems I had MM and BoP were two of the tables that worked flawlessly. I don't have any pro upgrades other than TZ though, but who knows... maybe having the TZ pro installed is really what cause all my other problems.
A full delete and re-install (except for pro mode) is what it took to get mine working, but I see in the other thread you've already done that.

PoSTedUP

Dec 14, 2013

i got that too. and want to add another bug to black rose: after entering your initials, it automatically starts a new game and you cannot press start to exit. sometimes it doesnt save your score, either.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
i got that too. and want to add another bug to black rose: after entering your initials, it automatically starts a new game and you cannot press start to exit. sometimes it doesnt save your score, either.

I haven't ever had that ever happen and I spent hours playing Black Rose yesterday. Were you using a custom ball? Do you have the pro mode?

The only glitch I've encountered on that table after tons of games is that the plunger doesn't work ever, so I can't make the skill shot, which means I can never get pats the standard goals?
Non Pro, and no custom ball (I won't use them since they are just asking for the game to glitch). Does the Plunger work for anyone else?
Man, we really need a new thread for bugs now...

Speaking of Black Rose I love that table so much I've started shopping for a real one. About 2 years I ran across an OK condition one for under 1k and now I'm kicking myself that I didn't grab it up.
The game is loaded with great, challenging and fun shots, but that ricochet shot is one of the coolest and most satisfying I can think of in any pinball game. Sinking Ships is extremely satisfying too.

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
Yeah, that was me in the Vita patch thread who can't update Medieval Madness to the pro version. If I do, then Bride and MM go into the "upgrade loop". Bride has no pro mode, as far as I know. It's only affected because it's part of the table pack with MM.

I was able to install all of everything else (I have ALL the TPA DLC for PS3/Vita) and upgrade to pro on everything else, just not MM. So I just left MM as the standard version and it plays fine that way. But, you know, I did PAY for pro and would like to have what I payed for.

I'm sure a patch will come along to fix the issue eventually.

PoSTedUP

Dec 14, 2013
I haven't ever had that ever happen and I spent hours playing Black Rose yesterday. Were you using a custom ball? Do you have the pro mode?

The only glitch I've encountered on that table after tons of games is that the plunger doesn't work ever, so I can't make the skill shot, which means I can never get pats the standard goals?
Non Pro, and no custom ball (I won't use them since they are just asking for the game to glitch). Does the Plunger work for anyone else?
Man, we really need a new thread for bugs now...

Speaking of Black Rose I love that table so much I've started shopping for a real one. About 2 years I ran across an OK condition one for under 1k and now I'm kicking myself that I didn't grab it up.
The game is loaded with great, challenging and fun shots, but that ricochet shot is one of the coolest and most satisfying I can think of in any pinball game. Sinking Ships is extremely satisfying too.

it happened to me twice in two days, are you playing in portrait mode? bc ive noticed it runs and playes better in that mode. standard mode i have slightly slower ball and some frame issues, plus some other bugs im encountering. i really like it too, ive been tryin to tolerate it. fish tales is good too, very hard, but good. under 1k is a steal. i like the video modes, and yeah sinking ships are fuuuuun.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
it happened to me twice in two days, are you playing in portrait mode? bc ive noticed it runs and playes better in that mode. standard mode i have slightly slower ball and some frame issues, plus some other bugs im encountering. i really like it too, ive been tryin to tolerate it. fish tales is good too, very hard, but good. under 1k is a steal. i like the video modes, and yeah sinking ships are fuuuuun.

I only play in portrait mode on any table. View 4 is perfect and I haven't had a single bug (that I've noticed) other than the plunger not working (I even tried in landscape and still no worky). Have you ever had the plunger work?

Almost every shot is fun. It has 3 different combo shots. Only 1 multiball mode, but it's very cool that you have to re-lock during MB to get 3 ball MD. You can stack whirlpool shots to crank up the pops and get an extra ball each life. That long range center shot is fun. All 3 video modes are actually fun to play. That 3 bank ricochet shot is sweet, hard to make but it gives you 3 letters towards Sink Ships instead of just 1. It's just damn fun!

PoSTedUP

Dec 14, 2013
I only play in portrait mode on any table. View 4 is perfect and I haven't had a single bug (that I've noticed) other than the plunger not working (I even tried in landscape and still no worky). Have you ever had the plunger work?

Almost every shot is fun. It has 3 different combo shots. Only 1 multiball mode, but it's very cool that you have to re-lock during MB to get 3 ball MD. You can stack whirlpool shots to crank up the pops and get an extra ball each life. That long range center shot is fun. All 3 video modes are actually fun to play. That 3 bank ricochet shot is sweet, hard to make but it gives you 3 letters towards Sink Ships instead of just 1. It's just damn fun!

plunger doesnt work in portrait but it works in landscape for me. and ive gotten that bug in landscape, too, just earlier today.

i havent felt out the table like that yet. what is the ricochet shots? and its hard for me to hit the long range shot unless i trap, which, eh... but its gonna take some time getting use to the ball or flipper lag, i cant hit anything on-the-fly with that delay. and im not use to portrait so i basically just smack the ball around, haha.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
For the ricochet shots hit the yellow bank of targets at an angle so the ball bounces off into the blue bank targets and bounces off of those again into the red bank of targets at the back. Once I even accidentally banked it a 4th time off the red targets into the broadside hole at the back.

I got the plunger to work. You have to go into the options and make it stick plunger only and then it will work in landscape. Still doesn't fix it for portrait, but at least I finished the standard goals.

PoSTedUP

Dec 14, 2013
For the ricochet shots hit the yellow bank of targets at an angle so the ball bounces off into the blue bank targets and bounces off of those again into the red bank of targets at the back. Once I even accidentally banked it a 4th time off the red targets into the broadside hole at the back.

I got the plunger to work. You have to go into the options and make it stick plunger only and then it will work in landscape. Still doesn't fix it for portrait, but at least I finished the standard goals.

haha nice, sounds awesome. i guess i didnt see/realize that you can do that. and yeah its broken for portrait. im playing fishtales more than black rose. im growing to like FT, its pretty hard and unforgiving, feels like real pinball. ill get back into BR when im done with FT and find it in me to tolerate the slight lag. i might get the nerf case and some buttons for touch screen bc these tables look so good in portrait. i just cant play as aggressively.

DrPinballs

Feb 15, 2014
Whenever the Vita's been in standbye for a while and loses the Wi-Fi connection, the game keeps looping trying to connect, and the only way to stop it is to exit game.

PoSTedUP

Dec 14, 2013
Whenever the Vita's been in standbye for a while and loses the Wi-Fi connection, the game keeps looping trying to connect, and the only way to stop it is to exit game.

yeah thats how it use to be for killzone mercenary, an update fixed it for the most part.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.