Congrats on getting Greenlit on Steam!

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Its an entirely different platform guys if you dont want to rebuy dont but there pretty much no justication for discounts lol.

Finally has the green light and the most popular sentiment is where can i get money off*rolls eyes*

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
You can't transfer purchases between XBox>PS3>iOS>Android.

So why would Farsight offer a discount for PC? Their pricing model on other platforms suggests that this will not be offered.

Sure, there have been issues with getting the PC release ready, and that may have tempted users to defect to another platform to satiate their need for the silver ball. But that was totally their choice.

Save your pennies. I bet you anything it will be worth it.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
You can't transfer purchases between XBox>PS3>iOS>Android.

So why would Farsight offer a discount for PC? Their pricing model on other platforms suggests that this will not be offered.

Sure, there have been issues with getting the PC release ready, and that may have tempted users to defect to another platform to satiate their need for the silver ball. But that was totally their choice.

Save your pennies. I bet you anything it will be worth it.

If you notice, everyone who mentioned that only have the game on one platform currently.

I personally have no problem rebuying, having rebought it multiple times already.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I just hope that the PC version is a straight port of the Xbox 360 version with possibly more complex lighting. I'm a little worried about the Wii U version since my recent comparisons have brought me to the conclusion that it is based on the PS3 version rather than the Xbox 360 version and may inherit some of the inconsistencies we are currently seeing on the PS3.

If the PC version, at the very least, looks as good as all the posted Xbox 360 pics and gameplay videos, I'll be a happy man.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I just hope that the PC version is a straight port of the Xbox 360 version with possibly more complex lighting. I'm a little worried about the Wii U version since my recent comparisons have brought me to the conclusion that it is based on the PS3 version rather than the Xbox 360 version and may inherit some of the inconsistencies we are currently seeing on the PS3.

If the PC version, at the very least, looks as good as all the posted Xbox 360 pics and gameplay videos, I'll be a happy man.

This is one of the things I'm asking Bobby about tomorrow.

Frostyglitch

Apr 3, 2012
This is one of the things I'm asking Bobby about tomorrow.

Excellent! I'd also be interested in a "Games for Windows Live" implementation. That way comparing scores will be rather seamless with existing 360 friends. I'm really looking forward to reading/seeing your interview.

jkonami

Apr 4, 2012
Fiiiiiiinally! I'd been quietly checking back every day hoping to hear this news. I will buy every single table and PC will be my main and preferred platform.

Congrats guys! Hope to be playing the plethora of tables soon.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012

I'll answer a bit of this for you.

Both Xbox and PC versions are using Directx 9.0c. So the rendering engines are similar. They both use the same tech for the ball reflections (PS3 is done differently cause of hardware differences.)

The HDR/Bloom is different on all 3 platforms just due to the nature of their hardware.

Both PS3 and Xbox use DXT compression on the textures. PC uses much compression on the textures. Some textures are completely uncompressed.

Lighting model is the same as Xbox 360. I'd like to add some more advanced lighting tech for higher end GPU's.

Anti Aliasing on PC is at a much higher level. 2X on consoles. Depending on GPU I believe it's up to 16x on PC.

Frostyglitch

Apr 3, 2012

Both Xbox and PC versions are using Directx 9.0c. So the rendering engines are similar. They both use the same tech for the ball reflections (PS3 is done differently cause of hardware differences.)

The HDR/Bloom is different on all 3 platforms just due to the nature of their hardware.

Both PS3 and Xbox use DXT compression on the textures. PC uses much compression on the textures. Some textures are completely uncompressed.

Lighting model is the same as Xbox 360. I'd like to add some more advanced lighting tech for higher end GPU's.

Anti Aliasing on PC is at a much higher level. 2X on consoles. Depending on GPU I believe it's up to 16x on PC.

That's awesome!! Can you tell us if Games for Windows Live was put in to compare scores with our 360 friends? I'm dying to know!

At0mXII

Aug 19, 2012

Awesome info, can you tell we are all excited to get it finally? :) Looking forward to it.

Just got done building a beast of a machine for live streaming (that just happens to play games - :)) Mike if you need beta testers... ;)

Last edited:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012

That's excellent news regarding the PC version. Could you possibly shed some light on what we can expect with the Wii U version? Will it be closer to the Xbox 360 or the PS3 version as it pertains to presentation and consistency?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.