Congrats on getting Greenlit on Steam!

BonzoGonzo

Jun 12, 2012
oh wow, friggin finnaly :cool:

i stopped playing it on xbox360 since september...

cant wait... and seeing that whitewater is coming to tpa also... hell yeah :cool:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
It is good news but not good enough. Portrait mode only sucks. Will keep waiting.

I believe you're mistaken. Portrait mode has yet to be implemented and as far as I know, The Pinball Arcade on PC is exclusively in landscape mode, for the time being, and supports widescreen HD.

epthegeek

Mar 30, 2012
I believe you're mistaken. Portrait mode has yet to be implemented and as far as I know, The Pinball Arcade on PC is exclusively in landscape mode, for the time being, and supports widescreen HD.

Guh. Really? after all this time? Disappointing.

thetrout

Apr 10, 2012
That's awesome!! Can you tell us if Games for Windows Live was put in to compare scores with our 360 friends? I'm dying to know!

Given that GFWL is a clunky piece of crap that only gives me trouble, including it would actually STOP me from getting the PC version. Steam itself already has more than enough community / network features.

Frostyglitch

Apr 3, 2012
Given that GFWL is a clunky piece of crap that only gives me trouble, including it would actually STOP me from getting the PC version. Steam itself already has more than enough community / network features.

You know I've seen a few people complain about GFWL, but I never had any issues whatsoever with it. But frankly I don't care what they call it, I just want to compare scores with my 360 friends and not have to buy another 360 (mine died).

warh0g

Jan 3, 2013
You know I've seen a few people complain about GFWL, but I never had any issues whatsoever with it. But frankly I don't care what they call it, I just want to compare scores with my 360 friends and not have to buy another 360 (mine died).

Since it is being released through Steam it is highly unlikely that there will be GFWL since Steam is offering offering community, trophys and whatnot through their platform. When Dawn of War moved to Steam the GFWL was scrapped (to provide an example)

Frostyglitch

Apr 3, 2012
Since it is being released through Steam it is highly unlikely that there will be GFWL since Steam is offering offering community, trophys and whatnot through their platform. When Dawn of War moved to Steam the GFWL was scrapped (to provide an example)

It is probably unlikely to be added, but Steam really doesn't have anything to do with it. Publishers keep GFWL in many cases. Bulletstorm, Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition and Batman: Arkham Asylum are a few examples that are on Steam that still have GFWL. I thought GFWL would make sense because so many people bought TPA for the 360 and it's reliable in my experience. GFWL also adds another layer of DRM for Farsight if they require a key, which is why I think some people complain about the feature...as it makes pirating just a little bit more difficult.

Last edited:

Kaoru

Mar 29, 2012
Oh, that's great news! I'll see how the performance is on my PC... and if it's fine enough I'm going to switch to that version.

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
You can't transfer purchases between XBox>PS3>iOS>Android.

So why would Farsight offer a discount for PC? Their pricing model on other platforms suggests that this will not be offered.

Sure, there have been issues with getting the PC release ready, and that may have tempted users to defect to another platform to satiate their need for the silver ball. But that was totally their choice.

Save your pennies. I bet you anything it will be worth it.

Jared, completely agree.

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
I just hope that the PC version is a straight port of the Xbox 360 version with possibly more complex lighting. I'm a little worried about the Wii U version since my recent comparisons have brought me to the conclusion that it is based on the PS3 version rather than the Xbox 360 version and may inherit some of the inconsistencies we are currently seeing on the PS3.

If the PC version, at the very least, looks as good as all the posted Xbox 360 pics and gameplay videos, I'll be a happy man.

Very good point, Xbox 360 version surely has to be the minimum base spec for the PC model. Hopefully more tech will be implemented from FarSight's development work on the PS4 version.

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
I'll answer a bit of this for you.

Both Xbox and PC versions are using Directx 9.0c. So the rendering engines are similar. They both use the same tech for the ball reflections (PS3 is done differently cause of hardware differences.)

The HDR/Bloom is different on all 3 platforms just due to the nature of their hardware.

Both PS3 and Xbox use DXT compression on the textures. PC uses much compression on the textures. Some textures are completely uncompressed.

Lighting model is the same as Xbox 360. I'd like to add some more advanced lighting tech for higher end GPU's.

Anti Aliasing on PC is at a much higher level. 2X on consoles. Depending on GPU I believe it's up to 16x on PC.

Sorry Mike, been reading through the thread and just seen your response.

So basically, the PC version will be a port of the Xbox version? I'm just trying to manage my expectations here! :D

Obviously the extra AA will be nice but I was hoping that we might see more graphic advances over the 360 version, by time it is released. Portrait mode also seems to be a 'must have', as most PC users have mentioned.

I suspected that the recent Space Shuttle screens were from the current PC build, are you able to comment?

Last edited:

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
Woot!

(Anti Aliasing is a processor hog. I always switch it off, because at 1080HD you hardly notice the difference anyway. Aliasing was a huge problem on old low-res screens. A striped shirt on old TV shows would give optic-art like effects in your livingroom).

Last edited:

karl

May 10, 2012
It is a great day for pinball. Let's just hope the pc version get all the attention it deserves. Looking forward to your interview Jeff. Why not change it and have it all revolved around the pc version ;)

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.