controller / keyboard / etc Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

netizen

I was looking into getting a MOGA controller but they want $45 dollars shipping on top of the cost of the controller to ship to me, and there's nowhere that sells them in my general area.

Ahh, time to sing South Park Songs ...

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I've just gone an ordered (well submitted an order and I'm awaiting a postage quote from MogaAnywhere.com) for a Moga Pro also.

I really hope I don't get stung too hard with shipping. Shipping to the land downunder is notoriously high, and I have to say I'm a little annoyed that you have to go through the ordering process before you get a quote for shipping. I was *this* close to cancelling and just ordering through eBay , where the shipping is declared up-front.

N

netizen

If they wanted as much as they quoted me to ship to Canada, I imagine you'll need a defibrillator for your quote results Jared.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I was looking into getting a MOGA controller but they want $45 dollars shipping on top of the cost of the controller to ship to me, and there's nowhere that sells them in my general area.

Ahh, time to sing South Park Songs ...

If they suggest that type of cost to ship to me here in Aussie, I'll tell them to cancel my order immediately. I would have given them the feedback that if I can get their product on eBay cheaper than they can sell and ship it, then their business model is fundamentally flawed.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
If they wanted as much as they quoted me to ship to Canada, I imagine you'll need a defibrillator for your quote results Jared.

Turns out they will be getting a national release here in Aussie through EB GAMES for about $59. Unless moga can ship to me for less than $10, I'll be waiting until August.

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
I've really enjoyed my moga pro. It's the first controller I've ever owned. I am sure looking forward to using it on TPA.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Moga pro was 'out of stock' online at Game. But they had them in stock at my local store.
Can't see buying things in shops catching on. :)

Really nice controller, works flawlessly with my S4 (un-rooted), zero lag and connects easily.
Got the 'Moga Universal Driver' app also so I can use it with my Emulator apps.

Very pleased with it. - just need native TPA controller support, with Moga optimisation now please.

N

netizen

After scouring local big boxes that all have mogas in their US counter parts, and seeing that local gamers have tried mom and pop style independent electronics shops within 75 KM of the city and strike out, I finally broke down and ordered a controller through Ebay. After shipping and everything It wound up costing me as much as a Sixaxis controller and OTG cable did.

I have some games that are already MOGA optimized that detect some instructions from sixaxis connected via OTG, but haven't found one that will detect it as a native controller and give me full control. :( May as well get the controller to maximize my fun and minimize the smear, lol.

N

netizen

Want to hear messed up?

I got my MOGA Pro in the mail today from an American Ebay seller, and inside it had Australian Warranty info.

Want the contact details for the AU Wholesale Distributor?

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Want to hear messed up?

I got my MOGA Pro in the mail today from an American Ebay seller, and inside it had Australian Warranty info.

Want the contact details for the AU Wholesale Distributor?

Oh, hell yes. Please ping me, netizen on IRC or PM in the forum.

UPDATE: Looks like it is BlueMouth Media

Last edited:

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
How is the moga universal driver? tried it out

Yeah - I actually bought the add free version, but I find the interface fiddly, in that you have to work your way down and up a series of options each time you switch it on or off (very similar to Bluez. Ime - wonder where their design ideas came from).
Connecting the Moga was not always successful either.

Whearas - Moga VK, after initial setup (which does require time up front) you just put the controller into mode A, it auto pairs to 'Moga pivot app', select 'Moga VK' app, select profile, switch IME, and your good to play. Only downside is no add free version.
bahesuhu.jpg

At top of screen is the app list to apply the button configs to.

I'd try both out, see which you prefer.

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
I wonder if there is any reason to hope that there may be controller support for Tablepack 17. My TPA playing is down about 50% during that last month and no controller support is part of the reason.

If T2 is the next tablepack, which I believe is the case, then I sure would like to have a physical button to push and launch the ball for the skill shot than touching a screen.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
I wonder if there is any reason to hope that there may be controller support for Tablepack 17. My TPA playing is down about 50% during that last month and no controller support is part of the reason.

If T2 is the next tablepack, which I believe is the case, then I sure would like to have a physical button to push and launch the ball for the skill shot than touching a screen.

I had to root mine for PS3 controller support. Touch screen lag on mine was almost making TPA unplayable due to wear at the bottom, left/right corners. The controller fixed that. You really have to be patient in setting it up and only accepts two button/directional presses at a time. Fine for TPA, but not so much for emulators.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
You really have to be patient in setting it up and only accepts two button/directional presses at a time. Fine for TPA, but not so much for emulators.

The 2 touch max input is the TPA app itself.
Try it without the controller using just touchscreen, hold both flippers up and you can't nudge.

timmyD

Nov 28, 2012
Hi All, I'm a N00b... I just bought the Sixaxis App. Works with SuperGNES great!

Anyone able to map this thing to TPA? I tried a button profile, it doesn't help.

Thanks!!

timmyD

Nov 28, 2012
Hi All, I'm a N00b... I just bought the Sixaxis App. Works with SuperGNES great!

Anyone able to map this thing to TPA? I tried a button profile, it doesn't help.

Thanks!!

Never mind, I figured out how to use custom button mapping, it may not be perfect, but it works so far.

If anyone needs help, I can answer questions on this topic.

I have Plunger, L/R flippers and nudge (up?) and Start game working. Somehow, other non-mapped button presses have weird effects like pause... IDK why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts