DX11 Public Beta Bugs

blackroom

Apr 26, 2015
I am using the most recent, 1.37.8 version of the DX11 beta, and I have a dual screen setup with my second monitor in portrait mode specifically for pinball. In the standard version I am able to use steam to set display to my secondary monitor and play fine, in the DX11 beta there is no option to use the secondary display at all. This would be great to add if possible before coming out of beta!

blackroom

Apr 26, 2015
from the above post, I tried this another way, I set steam big picture mode to use my secondary display which is in portrait mode. Normally I am able to start the game this way and see the elongated window sized for pinball, however, it instead only uses the middle of the screen for display, ignoring the top and bottom and being unwilling to elongate. I believe this type of display is also used on the "virtual" pinball table machines I've seen which incorporate a windows computer running steam inside a cabinet, so this likely prevent high-end pinball simulators from working properly as well with the newest beta version based on DX11.

Thanks for collecting these reports and working to improve the game, I buy every single pack that comes out, as well as ipad/ios and steam editions, so I'm definitely a dedicated fan ;-)

nudnick

Apr 8, 2014
Noticing few tables where ball reflection on table is bleeding through ball so that you have a silver arch on "top" of the ball. Seeing this right now on Twighlight zone and have noticed it on a few other tables as well.

frostyarcade

Apr 15, 2015
try setting your backbuffer to 720x1280 and see if it letterbox's but gives everything their proper aspect ratio

That combo made it worse unfortunately. The only resolution that somewhat worked was 1280x2160 (per p6800's earlier post). This still gives the letter boxing though :-( ...

Also side note: I noticed when alt+enter-forcing fullscreen, my mouse cursor doesn't hide.

Last edited:

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
Don't know if anyone reported this, but on Black Knight with the 3rd ball lock bug.... Calling the attendant results in a 'Ball not Stuck - Cancel attendant call' response, which means the ball won't lock or come out or anything, just click-clacks in the lock.

subgenius

May 29, 2013
Like others I've gotten ball shadow sticking or lingering on different tables. mostly on Star Trek. But sometimes on White Water as well.

Arcade

Apr 21, 2015
I have heard that sometime the ball will go through areas it is not supposed to.
Just happened to me today on Addams Family. I hit the ball with the upper right flipper and it went just below the red ramp straight through the pop bumper area and back around to the thing skill shot area.
Kind of freaked me out because the ball could never do that on a real table.
But kudos to everyone at TPA for allowing this game to run in my cabinet now, even if it is not a true cabinet mode yet.

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
found a bug in the controls using a keyboard(thought my keyboard was faulty)

If you hold down left flipper,
then use the nudge left key,
then while nudge is active try to hold down the right flipper,
it ignores the input on the right flipper amd doesn't do anything

This doesn't happen with the other 3 nudge keys in combination with the right flipper. Just ludge left which for me is mapped to /?
invert nudge is off as well if that matters

Michael DiFilippo

Mar 26, 2012
1. Joystick doesn't work when cycling tables.
2. If you select an option in the menus and quickly press up or down the selection doesn't take effect.

Now you might consider this okay but this behavior never existed and it honored the selection immediately. The issue is now there is a delay.

3. Ball reflections can be much better to match that of the table and room lighting.

4. Compare DX 9 & DX 11, all tables in the menu that have a broken splash screen also have sound issues. eg. TOM, RBON etc.

5. Request to have table sounds upgrade. eg. collision, drop targets. Anyone notice the hd-quality like sound coming from the mission hole in RBON when the ball shoots up and over back on to the playfield?? it sounds so realistic now. why can't all the tables sound like this..

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Noticing few tables where ball reflection on table is bleeding through ball so that you have a silver arch on "top" of the ball. Seeing this right now on Twighlight zone and have noticed it on a few other tables as well.

Jack*Bot and AFM also have this effect, mostly on the right side of their slingshot inlanes. Haven't noticed them on the left side.

lio

Jul 24, 2013
Not a bug, but please give the BK2K bumpers some more love... spice up the caps a little (for example swap the cap model/texture with those from sttng but keep the modeled srews) and make the bumper cast light like on TAF or T2... they are a big part of the upper playfield lighting.
Also the skyway flasher should have quite a bit more punch.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
That combo made it worse unfortunately. The only resolution that somewhat worked was 1280x2160 (per p6800's earlier post). This still gives the letter boxing though :-( ...

Also side note: I noticed when alt+enter-forcing fullscreen, my mouse cursor doesn't hide.

Exactly for those "weird"setups the game should support portrait from within, not via windows display settings.

Flippy

Jun 8, 2014
Forgive me if this problem has been addressed but I've searched for an answer with no luck -- can't be the only one?

When I launch TPA DX11, I get a black screen.
I can hear the music -- but no matter what settings I change, still a black screen.

It does it on both PCs so I'm wondering if I have something messed up in Steam?
I've changed the settings as suggested.

Thanks for your help

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
.....and TWZ. I posted about that earlier. If you cradle the ball and then switch cameras you can see it clearly.

I haven't tried TZ on DX11 yet. No worries-I was just speaking for the tables that actually work under DX11 on my computer.

Didn't notice it on Cyclone though. I'll have to play again to see if that's the case.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
7T5vTXR.png

I'm just going to bump this post, as this is what a real pinball would look like, even in a dark setting. They pick up EVERYTHING! Anyway, apparently this is an engine issue, not a DX11 issue. Here's hoping Mike can convince The Mechanic (as I like to call the engine guy) to do something about it. If he can, I honestly will overlook any of the niggling light spill issues because between the two sliders and potentially this, I think everyone will be able to find a look they love.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
New build is up in public_beta. If you play in dark mode, try out the brighten ball option in the pba config and give your feedback. It's something I'm trying until I get a better solution from engine programmer.

Version 1.37.9
- Forced 60fps on DX11
- Fixed ball visiblity when on top of HH glass
- Added more resolutions to configuration utility
- Fixed UI in resolutions lower than 1080
- Added option in the config utility to brigthen the ball, default is off.
- Fixed messed up lamps on Dr Dude
- Fixed draw order on Medieval Madness pop bumpers
- Fixed ball shadows
- Art and tuning tweaks on JackBot (DX9 and DX11)

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
DX11 V1.37.9 Bugs:

• Muffled music/sounds on Bride of Pin*Bot, Central Park, Cirqus Voltaire, FunHouse, Genie, No Good Gofers, Ripley's, Scared Stiff, Theatre of Magic, TotAN.
  • Jack*Bot: Bumpers are not part of the GI. The upper playfield is still lit when the bumpers are turned off.
  • Now it takes an unusually longer time to load and back out of a table.
  • Missing floodlights on Lights Camera Action.
  • Side GI (texture swap) in AFM has been carried over from DX9.
  • Fullscreen is not functional at this time. Known issue.
  • Missing 1K spinner sound on High Speed. Sound is present in DX9, though.
  • GI on Creature - overall lighting needs brightened.
  • Haunted House's bumpers needs GI.
  • Centaur's backglass isn't lit.
  • Centaur: 60 Bonus bulb is dim, but only at certain times.
  • Tee'd Off: 2nd Golf Ball isn't lighting up.
  • Earthshaker: GI activity may need tuning (light brightness is fine; just on features like Match Up)
  • Fish Tales: Captive ball lights are too dim.
  • Champion Pub: Start Fight light sequence missing on both health bars: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzFvBmwIx5g
  • White Water: Occasional ball hops at Bigfoot Bluff's diverter. http://youtu.be/9uFpTJeTld4
  • Great job on the lightning effects on Whirlwind, but the light effects around the flashers remain on. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wajnSB882p4
  • Twilight Zone: Buildup sound for Multiball is overlapped by another sound.
  • Also on Twilight Zone is the wronged Multiball startup light sequence alongside claiming a Jackpot, both being off sync when compared to the actual machine (DX9 has this problem as well). I think it's a problem with emulation in general.
  • Party Zone: There should be two separate types of solid GI color: Red and White. There are flashers in there as well that separate from the GI overall (which are already in there). Refer to the video below.
  • Shutyertrap's and other users' mentions listed.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts