Enhanced version of the Star Trek: The Next Generation table on PS4 to be shown at E3

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
They're showcasing in the Sony booth at the show, so it's not surprising there hasn't been anything to show yet.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
The PS4 came out looking like a champ and Sony really gave MS a beating this year.
I actually felt a little bad for them.

Here's a quick rundown in case anyone missed it:
Xbox One = $499
PS4 = $399

Xbox One = fee on used game discs
PS4 = NO DRM on used discs

Xbox One = Region locked
PS4 = As with the PS3, no region locking

Xbox One = Must connect to internet every 24 hours
PS4 = Nope

Xbox One = Looks like a VCR from 1981
PS4 = Looks like a VCR from 2021 :)

What I would like to know is if any PS1/PS2 games will emulate on the PS4 and if any will carry over from either Plus or our Download List.

Hoping to see some Star Trek TPA screens from the PS4 booth!
Post 'me here if anyone finds them first.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Tweet from Brad Shoemaker;

" Though, I already had my first PS4 experience with... The Pinball Arcade. "

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
I am quickly becoming an MS/Xbox hater. I already have to pay for two xBox live accounts for my two sons for our 360. I guess MS will be setting up a similar scam again with the new xBox 'One-to-avoid'?

The other killer requirement is having to connect to the internet every 24 hours. They are really pushing their luck. What if people have a holiday home or a mobile home/caravan and want to take the console on holiday to play. Have these imbeciles thought it through? That idea must have come from the same team that decided to remove the Start menu from Win8. Lol

Last edited:

Ark Malmeida

Apr 3, 2012
I am quickly becoming an MS/Xbox hater. I already have to pay for two xBox live accounts for my two sons for our 360. I guess MS will be setting up a similar scam again with the new xBox 'One-to-avoid'?

They've already said that your family will be able to share your one XBox live account which is an improvement over what the situation is now. Guess it's just vogue to hate on MS right now while Sony skates by on adding pay-to-play mulitplayer.

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013

The other killer requirement is having to connect to the internet every 24 hours. They are really pushing their luck. What if people have a holiday home or a mobile home/caravan and want to take the console on holiday to play. Have these imbeciles thought it through? That idea must have come from the same team that decided to remove the Start menu from Win8. Lol

Me too!

The thing is, I liked the 360 and I have being playing video games since they first appeared. So Microsoft must be doing something very, very wrong to lose customers such as myself.

karl

May 10, 2012
This is not looking good for Microsoft. My guess is that the 499 price tag will change sooner rather than later. Is there anything at all that speaks in xbox 1 favor? Yes you can talk to it if you are very very lonely but talking with yourself would probably be better company ;-) Xbox shut down! Did you hear me xbox? I said shut down

Karl, go to sleeeeeeep. Zzzzzz

Rafie

Jul 17, 2012
They've already said that your family will be able to share your one XBox live account which is an improvement over what the situation is now. Guess it's just vogue to hate on MS right now while Sony skates by on adding pay-to-play mulitplayer.

So it's a bad thing that Sony is making you get a plus membership to play online?! I really don't want to do the Live versus Plus comparison. MS has been making folks pay to play online. So when Sony does it...it's bad?! LOL

I actually am going to get a XBO (Xbox One) next year when the price drops. I don't hate them like everyone else does. I'm actually a person who owns damn near all consoles and enjoys them for what they do. I will be getting a PS4 launch day though.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I could have sworn at the start of the press conference there was an ever so quick blip of a pinball table shown when game after game was flying by on the screen. And in the Playstation Blog that came out today, FarSight and Pinball Arcade were listed as launch PSN games.

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
XBO (Xbox One)

Reading some comment about E3 on Gamespot, the most popular nickname seems to be XBone.

Some have suggested that the "Bone" stands for MS execs being boneheads, but both MS and Sony officials have denied being that clever..

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
I could have sworn at the start of the press conference there was an ever so quick blip of a pinball table shown when game after game was flying by on the screen. And in the Playstation Blog that came out today, FarSight and Pinball Arcade were listed as launch PSN games.

That was Boba Fett from FX 2.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
This would be a great time for someone from Farsight to drop a few pics of their E3 both here.

According to Sony, they have Pinball Arcade showcased on the PS4 at the PlayStation booth in the West Hall (So someone get over their and snap some pictures and videos!)

1001 Spikes (Nicalis) – PS Vita
Blacklight: Retribution (Zombie) – PS4
Contrast (Compulsion Games) – PS4, PS3
Deathmatch Village (Bloober Team) – PS Vita
Divekick (Iron Galaxy) -PS3, PS Vita
Dragon Fantasy Book II (Muteki) – PS Vita, PS3
FieldRunners 2 (Subatomic) – PS Vita
Floating Cloud God Saves the Pilgrims (Dakko Dakko) – PS Vita
Hotline Miami (Devolver Digital) – PS Vita, PS3
Ibb and Obb (Sparpweed) – PS3
Kickbeat (Zen Studios) – PS Vita
Limbo (Playdead) – PS Vita, PS3
Lone Survivor (Curve Studios) – PS Vita, PS3
Luftrausers (Devolver Digital) – PS Vita, PS3
Men’s Room Mayhem (Ripstone) – PS Vita
OlliOlli (Rolling Media) PS Vita, PS3
Pinball Arcade (Farsight) – PS4
Bit.Trip Presents Runner 2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien (Gaijin Games) – PS Vita, PS3
Spelunky (Mossmouth) – PS Vita, PS3
Sportsfriends (Die Gute Fabrik) – PS3
Splice (Cipher Prime) – PS3
Stealth Inc. (Curve Studios) – PS Vita, PS3
Stick it to the Man (Ripstone) – PS Vita, PS3
Velocity Ultra (FuturLab) – PS Vita
Warframe (Digital Extremes) – PS4

I also hope they can make the rest of TPA DLC look as good as this on the PS3 before moving onto the PS4
7046003281_982d5e7497_o_21671.sgaf.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.