Enhanced version of the Star Trek: The Next Generation table on PS4 to be shown at E3

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
I suspect that Microsoft will cut the Xbox One price $50 - because the PS4 is $400, but the Eye camera is $70. The One will go down to $450 but includes the camera.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Contrast-adjusted crop of the full-size version from that photobucket:

sttngps4e32013ppcrop.png

karl

May 10, 2012
Looks like the L.E.D. version. ;) No pink reflections anywhere in sight. Looks really good. Would love to see a hi-def quality video of this

Quote:

"XBNone: "I'm sorry Karl. I'm afraid I can't do that."

Good one! That is my worst nightmare :D

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
It does look like a bit of a rush job, like just scattering some (probably dynamic) colored light sources around next to areas where lights would be. Hopefully the real, eventual PS4 version will have the lights properly built in, balanced, and blending together so it all looks more like...well like this I guess.

Longi

May 30, 2013
Yeah but without a second screen support (DMD separately) and the possibility to rotate the playfield-screen only half of fun :p

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Can't wait to see some actual screens or vids. Pictures of a TV can never really capture the colors properly, even if you adjust the contrast.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
i hope these console updates make their way to pc , considering the xbox version will be using virtually identical libs its probably a save bet eventually

anyway ive almost no interest in the consoles at this point, maybe in a few years, the scarmble near the holidays is going to be insane,

sonys offering seems more sane than microsofts umbilical cord.

i must be getting old;)

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
So it's a bad thing that Sony is making you get a plus membership to play online?! I really don't want to do the Live versus Plus comparison. MS has been making folks pay to play online. So when Sony does it...it's bad?! LOL
I'm already a PS+ subscriber so this decision by Sony doesn't impact me. I can understand why people are upset but I also get why Sony is doing it. Gotta pay for the infrastructure somehow. Still, PS+ won't be needed for Netflix/etc, unlike Live. And you get piles of free games with PS+ (I guess Live is doing that now, too). Heck, in the last week I've gotten Deus Ex Human Revolution, Uncharted 3, Little Big Planet Karting, Xcom, and Machinarium for free from PS+. And I got The Walking Dead Season Pass for $5 and Tomb Raider + DLC for $20. And all my saves backed up. And installs/patches done overnight without me doing anything.

So yeah, PS+ rocks.

And I'm not particularly impressed by that photo of STTNG for the PS4.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
It does look like a bit of a rush job, like just scattering some (probably dynamic) colored light sources around next to areas where lights would be. Hopefully the real, eventual PS4 version will have the lights properly built in, balanced, and blending together so it all looks more like...well like this I guess.

Yup, I think it was very rushed in order to get it done to show off at E3.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
It will be nice to see an official video but unlike some I'm quite impressed with what I've seen.

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
As a WIP, I think it looks fine so far. Remember, TPA on PS4 is some 4-5 months away.

Any chance of some official footage please FarSight? :)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts