Future Season 3 Poll

Which of the three Williams® tables would you like to be included in Season Three?

• Cyclone

Votes: 107 26.7%
  • Earthshaker!

Votes: 116 28.9%
  • Diner

Votes: 178 44.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

canuck

Nov 28, 2012
Based on those vids, Cyclone actually looks interesting. :D

Whomever is playing those tables sure makes it look boring, going for one shot over and over.

Rudy hates me

Jan 13, 2014
I seem to be in a minority around here, but I love Hurricane. I've never played Cyclone, which gets a lot of requests, but is it really that much better?

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Cyclone's not a bad pin, Earthshaker is great, but in my opinion, Diner is (cue singing voice) NUMBER ONE!!!!!

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
I know people keep saying that "Diner" is like "Taxi- Part 2", but from the looks of it, it couldn't be any further from the truth. The table art for "Diner" is better, it has more features, and it looks to be a million times more fun.

If you want to compare tables, than I think comparing "Earthshaker" to "Whirlwind" is a fair comparison. They're both "Disaster" themed tables, both aren't able to bring the "Wind/Rumble" feature to real life, and they both pretty much look the same.

Besides, it's not like "Earthshaker" won't get made soon anyway. It's a HIGHLY requested table, and it's not a generic table like "EBD", so don't fret. I have no doubt we'll see it by next season. :)

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
I voted Diner. Here's why.

Earthshaker is, how shall we say.. extremely exploitable.

Just shoot the center ramp over and over and over and over.

If it can be looped, people will loop it. and being a center ramp, it's a relatively easy shot.

It's so bad that flipper hop will get introduced onto the game in tournaments to make it harder to loop that ramp.

PS: hurricane has the same problem. at least Cyclone's comet ramp is HARD to loop.

Ryan Schrader

Apr 9, 2014
Earthshaker please. At least at some point in Season Three. One of my favorite pinball machines from when I was a kid.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Earthshaker is a lot like Whirlwind except with lack of Million+ Jackpots and a more flow-oriented layout. I played it in Pelham and can unanimously say that Whirlwind is much more exciting and fun.
I don't think a single person can be unanimous ;P Anyway, I think Earthshaker is different enough to Whirlwind to be worthy of inclusion first up ahead of the others. Having a more flowing layout makes it more different from WW than Diner is from Taxi, but opinions hey? Funny how they work :)

Oh, and I'm not a big fan of Lawlor-style tables in general, so I don't really enjoy WW or TZ, but Earthshaker I find fun. But yeah, if you think they're too similar...

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012

Whomever is playing those tables sure makes it look boring, going for one shot over and over.
I haven't watched them yet (probably should, would help me get a deeper appreciation for all tables) but it's probably Bowen Kerins doing the tutorials for those machines. If that's the case, then he's teaching people how to get the most out of them for tournament play. So yeah, that will likely mean hitting the same shots over and over :/

warh0g

Jan 3, 2013
I voted for Diner. Cyclone seems fun but the artwork on the playfield will look like a nightmare in TPA.
I still hope Earthshaker will be released!

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012

That's what I was going to say especially with earthshaker. The guy playing just shot that center lane shot. I guess that is where the points add up? I was going to say the same thing about Diner when the guy first did those loop shots into the cash register ramp. Then I realized the points are more getting all the customers fed etc. Earthshaker seems interesting enough but Diner has the allure for me. Maybe it's because it's similar style wise to Taxi.

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
I voted for Diner. Cyclone seems fun but the artwork on the playfield will look like a nightmare in TPA.
exactly this, reminds me of Firepower which is just terrible, can't play more than few games on it.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Watched those videos... they're not great examples of how to play those games at all. Maybe for scores and if you're a gun at a particular shot, but the score seemed to rack up far quicker with his second game on Earthshaker even though it was much riskier. Second game in the vid for that made it far more appealing than the first one... that was shocking. A gameplay video of any table where you just hit the one target is a bit ****ty. It's like judging a car based on a video where it doesn't get out of first gear.

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
Well the way this genuine poll is going "Diner" has all but won

Unless Failsight and his cronies comes up with a new ingenious plan lol

Last edited:

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Well the way this genuine poll is going "Diner" has all but won

Unless Failsight and his cronies comes up with a new ingenious plan lol

Kind of surprising since earthshaker got more votes in the old Williams poll (although it was pretty close between it, diner and cyclone). Good for the fans of diner, though.

9u1d0

Jan 7, 2013
Still hoping for Earthshaker in this or next season. Also Bally's Mousin' Around is still high on my whishlist :)

D

dmarcoot2

after watching the above videos, I still am glad I voted for Cyclone. Hopefully we will get all three before long.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
The creepy Cyclone clown was from the mind and hands of Python Anghelo. One of his many great creations. He passed away today. A big loss for all pinball fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts