Hockey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Yeah that little spin move. Quick was not amused.

I caught the end of the 3rd until it went off. Was Hoping you stuck in there until the end on that one. :)
Can't remember the player on the Canucks but that was one of the crazier shootout attempts I have seen.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Heh, Quick wasn't amused when Yakupov scored on him, either. That Edmonton/LA game was insane. The obscure penalties they were calling, a goal waved off that should have counted... wow.

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
GCL is really addicting.

I don't have to work this friday, so tonight I will see the Pens on the road at 1:00 AM and the Sharks at home at 4:30 AM. ;)

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Yeah that was an odd game. Can't believe he scored at the last minute there ><..><. Yeah you got us even with the thrown goal. Cracked me up though when they had to delay the game due to all the trash thrown on the ice lol

Heh, Quick wasn't amused when Yakupov scored on him, either. That Edmonton/LA game was insane. The obscure penalties they were calling, a goal waved off that should have counted... wow.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Sharks still undefeated, but Oilers managed to get a point against them last night (second game in two nights).

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
Last night I was watching the flyers caps game. The refs really did a couple of bad decisions.
Most notably, Erskin got away with a high elbow check. Simmonds went off with an injury and didn't return.
Caps broadcast called it a "questionable elbow". LOL. Erskin should be suspended for at least one game.

Today, devils & pens at 1:00 PM EST. I love these European friendly starting times. Haha.

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
Last night I was watching the flyers caps game. The refs really did a couple of bad decisions.
Most notably, Erskin got away with a high elbow check. Simmonds went off with an injury and didn't return.
Caps broadcast called it a "questionable elbow". LOL. Erskin should be suspended for at least one game.

Today, devils & pens at 1:00 PM EST. I love these European friendly starting times. Haha.

I didn't catch that one but one of the Blues last night got a 5 minute major for a hit to the head that never happened. Ref from behind that couldn't see called it. How do you call a 5 min pen on a play you can't see?
That always drives me nuts. Like when there is a ref two feet away and doesn't call a penalty but the guy on the other side of the ice that can't see a thing does.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012

Saw that one also. I was watching the Flyers broadcast and they were pretty hot about the elbow. But it was kind of hard to spot until they showed the replay. My poor flyers just can't score goals. In eight games they have only scored more than two goals one time.

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
True, true, I think the refs should make more use of video footage.

At least the Pens got their first home win, 5:1.

PS: This was the incident in Washington.
Again, no penalty call.

(Edit: Erskine is now suspended 3 games for elbowing)

Last edited:

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
Honestly, I think the officiating crew should get a suspension for not calling a penalty on that play. At least 1 ref and 1 linesman looked right at that play and called nothing. That should be unacceptable.

And Erskine should have gotten at least 5 games.

Tabe

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
The Boston Bruins have traded suspended goaltender Tim Thomas to the New York Islanders for future considerations, the teams announced Thursday.
Arthur Staple of Newsday reported the Islanders will send a conditional second-round pick in 2014 or 2015 to the Bruins.

Why? o_O
What does NYI have to gain? He doesn't seem to want to play this year at all and isn't his contract up at the end of the year?
Totally confused, is NYI that close to the cap floor that they need someone who wont play?

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=654623

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Great Detroit vs Chicago game going on now. Too bad it will be settled with a shoot out. I despise the Shootout.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Shootout is better than ending the game in a tie. We lose nothing. If anything we get more hockey after the game would normally be over

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I don't mind it either way. The actual change is the extra point given to the shootout winner. Unless you mean the fact that they get a point just for making it to OT...i think if they lose in OT there should be no point given. Shootout loser should still get one.

esp2000

Jun 4, 2012
Loving that my Blackhawks have made it through half the season without a pointless game. Getting a little worried now that we have a lot of our better players are injured now though.

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
I think they should drop the point for the losers in both OT and the Shootout. The Shootout was to get rid of ties ... so stop treating it like one for loser.
What I think is terrible that a team that has won less games than another but can be ahead of them in the standings because so many OT losses.
Just look at the Southeast last year. The Caps and Panthers
NHL_zpsff2d5ded.jpg

Caps won more games but came in behind FLA. There is no way you should pick up almost 20 points on losses.
If you cut the extra point out it looks a lot different
FLA 76
WASH 84
TB 76
That would have been good enough to pop the Caps up to the 3rd seed in the playoffs. And may have bumped another team into the playoffs instead of FLA. Don't really want to do the math for all of them but I really don't see the point of giving points to the team that loses, it just gets worse teams into the postseason.
If they are going to do that I want 3 points for a win in 60

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
I could live without OT & SO in the regular season.
I suggest 3P Win & 1P Draw. :)

Yesterday, another great PA Derby. Pens were behind 1 to 4 after the 1st period and won the game 5:4 in regulation.

Detroit & Columbus probably play in the eastern conf. next year. And the Jets can finally move to the western conf..

Hawks streak has come to an end. They lost 2:6 in Denver.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.