Bug iOS Version 1.2.0 Bugs And Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinbot

Aug 12, 2012
I'm gonna buy every table pack for the foreseeable future just to support these guys.

But yes, Scared Stiff and Big Shot are both pretty darn awesome! And couldn't be more different from each other!

i was going to do that too. then i realized i've spent more money on this app than any other and most of it doesn't work properly. Gave them plenty of time to fix things. i'm done with it for now.

tyche

Oct 6, 2012
Big shot - trying to read instructions but when you flip forward it will jump like 3-5 pages and then you need to go backwards to read what you missed then repeat.

Big shot - sometimes the targets don't reset for a new ball. Not sure if this is meant to be as I can't see what I'm doing to cause that.

an ox

May 28, 2012
Playing Scared Stiff at one point I got a 2 ball multiball and managed to shoot them both into the box at once. It made a strange buzzing noise but eventually they both came out, but the flippers were dead. One ball drained and the other eventually triggered the spider choosing thing on the backglass, and after that the flippers reactivated.

Also noted the same thing someone else mentioned, the kicker to the left of the box tends to repeatedly send the ball up past the box and round again and again.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Anyone else having trouble with standard goals on SS? I've definately had a few skill shots and extra balls but nothing is ticked off.

tyche

Oct 6, 2012
Anyone else having trouble with standard goals on SS? I've definately had a few skill shots and extra balls but nothing is ticked off.

I was able to get standard goals for both SS and Big Shot which someone also mentioned having issues.

FurVid

Feb 20, 2012
Big Shot (only only I've played so far):

- animation for score seems wrong. If going from 18K-23K by thousands, I think it should go 19,20,21,22 not 28,29,20,21,22. Don't have too many of these around here to check with the real thing, but I can't see how a mechanical display would act the way this is now.

- ball draining without hitting any switches should not increase ball-in-play, but give a do-over, right?

- very often it won't reset targets or give bonus. Then next ball is then messed up too since the targets will be down but balls not lit (so it'll only give credit for new targets dropped).

(played on ipad 3, and last year's ipod touch)

Turbine

May 19, 2012
I'm gonna buy every table pack for the foreseeable future just to support these guys.

But yes, Scared Stiff and Big Shot are both pretty darn awesome! And couldn't be more different from each other!

It's not a case of not supporting them, I will buy this table pack as I have every other. But if updating adds 2 new tables at the expense of breaking others (ToM, Funhouse) then I'd rather wait for a stable version.

pezpunk

Jul 29, 2012
I admit I don't know jack about programming, but if something is specified as solid then surely nothing should pass through it?

well, the way collision detection works .. basically, when the ball is in motion, it must move a certain amount per frame rendered. the number of frames calculated per second depends on the processing power of the device (on ipad it seems about 60 frames per second, but i don't know). i also do not know if the physics precision is tied directly to the graphical frames per second rendered, but it is limited in the same way: the physics engine cannot calculate the position of the ball more than a set number of times per second. if the ball is moving fast enough, it can pass completely through a "solid" object between calculations. the rate of calculation is probably something they tune pretty carefully in order to maintain smooth performance. too high, and you see graphical slowdowns and stuttering. too low, and the ball will pass through objects too often and other inaccuracies.

Last edited:

pezpunk

Jul 29, 2012
Big shot - sometimes the targets don't reset for a new ball. Not sure if this is meant to be as I can't see what I'm doing to cause that.

it has to do with the 8 ball, which i think is intended to let you carry over your progress to the next ball, but since the ball lights go out, it merely makes the table unclearable on that ball.

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
On Big Shot, I can't clear the fourth Standard Goal "get a 14,000-point bonus." I've gotten exactly that, and I've gotten larger bonuses, but it won't credit me and move to the Wizard Goals. I'm on an iPad 1.

I am having the same issue, but with the 42,000 point Wizard goal. I have done it twice now and no credit.

FurVid

Feb 20, 2012
I don't think Big Shot is supposed to give extra balls under any circumstances. Doing so makes the first 3 balls kind of meaningless, since before long the only way to beat your high score will be to get multiple awesome triple-score "ball 5"s. I'd rather earn a "meaningless" special than a game-breaking extra ball. There are plenty of EM games where earning extra balls would be fine, but this one seems like a pretty poor choice. Not long after TPA came out, I and some others suggested that specials should earn "credits" on some kind of credit leaderboard. I think with this table, and the recent change to Black Hole's gate behavior, it's becoming even more important that these tables not give so many extra balls - the goal is to reproduce how they originally played, right?

FurVid

Feb 20, 2012
Another idea would be to let people use "credits" to unlock the pro versions of the tables.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Hey, so here's a new one. After a decent game of Scared Stiff, many of my achievements disappeared. Also, the Hall of Fame score isn't updating. Unknown who's to blame here, FS or Apple. I understand this has been happening to others, but now it's happened to ME. So NOW I care. :)

IPad2/iOS6

Update: Logging out and back in fixed the achievements. HoF score still not updated tho'.

Update 2: Got a new high score and it updated just fine. The original issue acted as if my connection was bad. Maybe it was. Wifi ya know.

Last edited:

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
Bugs...

1) Scared Stiff - the DOT IS THERE. I have to check it out on Android, but I'm fairly certain there's NO DOT. It seems the dot is there on most iOS TPA tables, and absent on other platforms (Android, Xbox).

2) Big Shot - Completing the striped (right side) drop targets awards the "solid balls" goal, and vice-versa - completing the solid ball drop targets (left), award the striped ball goal.

3) Big Shot - The 13,000 point bonus goal could really be rewritten better - like "get all the balls" or something. The instructions were of NO HELP.

4) Scared Stiff - If you watch the ball closely as it goes around the side to the rollovers above the crate, you notice the ball stops, then jumps over the last bit, like it was mysteriously pulled after just not making it.

5) NGG - the ramps are still opaque blue? No transparency at all.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
4) Scared Stiff - If you watch the ball closely as it goes around the side to the rollovers above the crate, you notice the ball stops, then jumps over the last bit, like it was mysteriously pulled after just not making it.

I've noticed this and a similar thing on Medieval Madness when the ball slowly creeps into the slingshot, it's almost like it triggers a pre-rendered sequence. I don't know why they would do this on purpose though as in other places on all tables the ball can dance around for ages before it falls one way or the other showing how good the physics can be.

MJFox

May 18, 2012
- very often it won't reset targets or give bonus. Then next ball is then messed up too since the targets will be down but balls not lit (so it'll only give credit for new targets dropped).

kind of a deal breaker if you ask me... how could they overlook this problem? the table is so simple and still there's such an obvious bug?

pezpunk

Jul 29, 2012
update: i rebooted my ipad, logged out of gamecenter and back in, and it's recording HOF points now. not sure if the rebooting or the relogging did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.