Bug iOS Version 1.2.0 Bugs And Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

timharrod

Sep 27, 2012
iPad 1/iOS 6: Sometimes when I open the app, I get a menu screen with only two buttons- "Logout" and "Back." They bleep when I touch them, but I stay on this screen. I have to restart the iPad.

heberts811

Feb 26, 2012
Big Shot (only only I've played so far):

- ball draining without hitting any switches should not increase ball-in-play, but give a do-over, right?

This is how I remember EM's treating a ball that drains without scoring any points

Gary

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
Big shot it too fun for a EM.

Most of the EMs I played were basically quarter eaters - Big Shot actually gives you some play for your quarter.

Bride of Trolls

Jul 29, 2012
My Hall of Fame stucks on 2395 for three months now, it works only on a few days
after GC comes to TPA.

And i think it is a farsight problem, because every other game in GC works perfect.
GC also updated the TPA icon to the Scared Stiff icon, it says "play last:today", but
no scores for today and no score update.

Sad, but true, the customer paid and farsight is not interested in his problems, like
in many other bugs, e.g the MM bugs have no solution since months !!

I also tried many reboots and sign in/out to GC, nothing.

I think the time for an one star rating in app-store comes closer, and i think
i will do it right after an update, so it will be shown on the first app-store-page. :mad:

night

May 18, 2012
Still ball/camera stutters on various tables, Black Hole is a new one on this list... it looks like things are getting worse after each update.. I am on iPad2, latest iOS.

CV: why is it so hard to make the flipper shadows move with the flippers? Still not fixed.

Last edited:

night

May 18, 2012
Another bug seems the extra unrealistic price-tag we have to pay for some extra options in TOTAN. Is this serious?

Lord Boron

Apr 18, 2012
Some of these bug reporting threads are starting to resemble the Facebook page.... I would hate to see a legitimate thread for reporting actuall bugs turn into a place to whin and complain.

Vip8888

Mar 25, 2012
Well, shake to nudge *still* doesn't work on my iPad 3. I'm happy to support Farsight, but until this is fixed I'll stick to buying the tables just on Android where it works.

timharrod

Sep 27, 2012
I think Elvira (SS) told me I won a free game when I actually just got an extra ball. For all I know this is an error in the original machine that's been reproduced by TPA.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I think Elvira (SS) told me I won a free game when I actually just got an extra ball. For all I know this is an error in the original machine that's been reproduced by TPA.
That is a consequence of A) the replay is an extra ball in TPA, and B) Scared Stiff is set in family mode. Elvira would normally say "Another notch in my bedpost!" when you achieve the replay score, but that line was removed for family mode.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Some of these bug reporting threads are starting to resemble the Facebook page.... I would hate to see a legitimate thread for reporting actuall bugs turn into a place to whin and complain.

A simple solution might be for us to separate the Bugs and Feedback into two separate threads.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
A simple solution might be for us to separate the Bugs and Feedback into two separate threads.

Yes, I was thinking about this earlier today as well. Let's implement this in future threads. We can call the second thread "Feedback and Impressions" or something like that.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Yes, I was thinking about this earlier today as well. Let's implement this in future threads. We can call the second thread "Feedback and Impressions" or something like that.

Sounds good...

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Sounds good...

We should also consider adding a format for posting bugs, similar to what Farsight uses for their beta testers:

Device/OS: (not needed for consoles)

Bug Description:

Steps to reproduce:

Frequency:

Additional comments:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
We should also consider adding a format for posting bugs, similar to what Farsight uses for their beta testers:

Device/OS: (not needed for consoles)

Bug Description:

Steps to reproduce:

Frequency:

Additional comments:

Good idea...this should help everyone to post bugs in a format that will be most helpful to the devs.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Device/OS: iPad 3 / iOS 6

Table: Scared Stiff

Bug Description: In Terror from the Crate or Monster Multiball, the Dagger scoop sometimes ends up holding more balls than seem to physically fit. The balls will make a bunch of noise as if they're vibrating against each other, then the ball search will kick one or both out and normal play resumes. As long as the ball search can kick at least one of the balls out, this can be repeated any number of times. (Note that this is not the same issue as the one involving multiple jackpots being awarded due to multiple balls vibrating in the Crate, although if that happens, the chances of this bug occurring seem to increase.)

However, sometimes instead of the ball search kicking out the ball(s), the table will "destroy" one of the balls and launch a new ball from the plunger, similar to what CV does if a ball flies off the table. After this happens, any ball entering the Dagger scoop by any means (Crate, Dead Head lanes, or from below) gets stuck there (without the vibrating noise) until a ball search kicks in. In addition, you can see the top of the ball in the scoop, as if it didn't go all the way in.

Also, sometimes after this happens, the "destroyed" ball gets ejected much later from the Dagger scoop, leading to two balls active in what should be single-ball play. Draining either ball starts the bonus count and locks the flippers, ending the current ball in play.

Steps to reproduce: The most reliable way I've found is to play Terror from the Crate or Monster Multiball and put one ball in the Crate right before the other ball travels down from the Dead Head lanes into the Dagger scoop. Due to the bug that causes the eject from the Dagger to loop around to the Dead Head lanes, this is actually fairly easy to do. Otherwise, repeatedly putting multiple balls in the Crate usually triggers the bug eventually.

Frequency: Depends on how good you are at stuffing multiple balls in the Crate. The first part with "destroying" and re-launching a ball is almost guaranteed to happen eventually if you keep scoring Crate jackpots in the same multiball. The second part with the "destroyed" ball returning later is pretty rare, I've only seen it happen twice over the course of many multiballs.

This bug occurs both in games that were started when the table was first loaded from the main menu, as well as games immediately following a previous game without re-loading the table.

The bug does not seem to happen in Stiff in the Coffin multiball, even when multiple balls end up in the Dagger scoop simultaneously.

Additional comments: None.

farmerjohn

Jun 16, 2012
Someone on Facebook asked when we can expect the "No Good Gofers" transparency ramp issue to be fixed.
Farsight's reply: "Which ramps need to be transparent?"
:confused: :confused:

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
Device/OS: Ipad2 iOS 5.1.1

Bug Description: On Scared Stiff I completed "Return of the deadheads tale" by shooting the ball at the crate. The ball passed through it and lit the last remaining deadhead.

Steps to reproduce: Shoot the ball at the crate fast.

Frequency: It happened once out of around 20 games

Additional comments: None

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts