My first table has arrived

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Don't like it. Looks very out of place. May as well hang a disco ball in the middle of the supercharger too!

Now if you wanna put it in that Laser Wars table that's coming...

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
May as well hang a disco ball in the middle of the supercharger too!...

Nah..SkillSot did that months ago :D

I didn't like it at first but I think its actually growing on me. The unfortunate thing with the supercharger is if you play in a dark/dim room once the ball starts wizzing around the loop you can't actually see it, its not lit at all. Recently a friends wife was playing it and asked me where the ball was! :D.

Anyway I'm still undecided wether to keep it, I'll post another vid in a bit showing what else I added today. Epileptics may want to steer clear. :cool:

Last edited:

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
OK, here's the promised vid..........whats 80 more LED's between friends :cool:

As always youtube vids look better viewed on youtube than embedded, on my pc anyway so click the youtube button at the bottom if it runs like crap.

Pitty I couldn't get the superjackpot, I just couldn't get that 2nd ball into the supercharger!

Like I said I didn't like the EL wire at first but I'm liking it now. Up close in the first vid it did look too much but viewing the whole picture I think it fits in ok with the look of the table as I've made it, i.e retina burning! :D

Last edited:

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
The guide supports? yeah I made 2 on a lathe in work. Can't see me getting blades, don't think I've even seen them for sale over here. I wouldn't mind a set of chrome legs if they came along at the right price. Did you like the new police light topper? I love it when it goes crazy :cool:

Last edited:

Nedreud

Feb 12, 2013
Hey, Kevlar. I just wanted to say "Hi" and thank you for sharing your experiences and progress. You've sure got yourself a fine table now! I particularly want to say "Thank you" again because you've saved me from the same fate of buying my first pinball from this somewhat less-than-reputable dealer.

All the best,

Peter

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Thanks Peter. It was pretty annoying at the time but thats in the past now and I learned a valuable lesson. Have you bought a table?

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Wheres the other pins?

Not going to be this week now, I'm hoping for next week. Fingers crossed. The guy is really busy, pins all over his living room, sofa up on end, lol. He sold a few projects, waiting for them to be collected then he'll have enough space to move things around and hopefully get the 2 pins to me.

N

Nik Barbour

Not going to be this week now, I'm hoping for next week. Fingers crossed. The guy is really busy, pins all over his living room, sofa up on end, lol. He sold a few projects, waiting for them to be collected then he'll have enough space to move things around and hopefully get the 2 pins to me.

Purely to help out, you understand - but your friends welcome to store some here (hopeful but not optimistic grin) :D

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Wheres the other pins?

Looks like this isn't going to happen now :( . My friend Dave ( his parts shop ) has decided to run his own mini event in a pub not far from me in Cwmbran and is hoping to set up a dozen tables. So that means I won't be borrowing his pins, at least not yet. I'm gutted, this was a great way to get more pins in the house and as it wasn't costing me anything the wife had no objections. I'm still planning on buying a 2nd pin ( & 3rd eventually :D ) but that will be towards the end of the year.

Last edited:

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Awwww. Well you'll have a place to play more pins. Would you let strangers play your game? Maybe they'll have bring 1 table get in free deal.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
It's only a 1 day event, I will go though. He hasn't asked me to bring my pin yet, I hope he doesn't, it weighs a ton and my left arm still isn't fully repaired from when I tore something carrying the pin into the house back in October.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.