My first table has arrived

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Soot! From small sparks between switches. Warm soap water cleans them like new. One thing nice about owning a table you can just practice techniques or skills then transfer those skills to another table prolonging your games on unfamiliar tables.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
EL wire , hmmm well in my custom PC I had EL wire cables , those didnt last over a year , also the illumination isnt that good for how long it lasts .

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
EL wire , hmmm well in my custom PC I had EL wire cables , those didnt last over a year , also the illumination isnt that good for how long it lasts .

It was really cheap so I thought I'd just have a play with it.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I have the chance to ' look after ' 2 pins for a friend, a Laser War and a Fathom, for free. All I have to do is make room in my games room and convince the wife. I'll let you know how it goes.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
sounds fishy...he gets his 2 machines in your house THEN he hits you with 2 for 1? :p Easy to shop out.

Nah, this guy has plenty of machines in various states of repair, his girlfriend is chewing his ear off to get a few out of the house/garage. The Laser War is his and he said I can borrow it until August, the Fathom belongs to someone else who is in no rush to get it back but its getting under his feet so I may be able to have both for a while. Just got to get rid of the sofa in my games room which hardly gets any use and a few cabinets full off DVD's that I never watch.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Finally back on my usual shift rota next week so I will have time to strip and clean my getaway again. I'm pretty sure I know where all the dirt is coming from now ( slingshots ) and have a few coil sleeves and 2 plungers to replace so hopefully I'll finally stop the playfield getting dirty so quickly.

I've had the go ahead from her indoors so hopefully I'll have the borrowed pins in the next few weeks.

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
I never played a Fathom but I've seen some videos and it looks great, especially considering its age. It would be a perfect fit for a TPA release, I think.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Just waxed my table first time for a while, wow I can't believe the difference. I guess you don't noticed the speed slowly degrading as the table gets dirty but once cleaned omg this table is fast. Death save should be easy as the ball is almost bouncing back out anyway!.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
CRAZY SPIN! I use a detail spray wax for inbetween WAXING just spray on a MF cloth wipe it on flip and wipe of and balls too! I'll have to look at the AUDIT options but Id like to keep track of games played inbetween WAXING. It would be nice if you could add a custom text telling you TIME 2 WAX. :)

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Agree about spin, ball is like the Tasmanian devil at the moment, fast as hell and taking some wild deviations. It's like playing a different table.

The EL wire I bought finally turned up this week, wired into one of the flashers to see if it would work that way, and it worked fine. I'm thinking of taping it to the top edge of the supercharger circuit and wiring into one of the supercharger flashers so it will flash during supercharger loops and whenever the pop bumpers work. It'll probably look like crap and I'll end up taking it off.

Hoping to have the Laser War and Fathom here either this week or next. Just need to sort out a day when we are both off and hire a van.

Last edited:

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
EL wire fitted to supercharger loop, not sure I like it. I'll leave it on for a few days and see if it grows on me. Excuse the quick and dirty shakey cam.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.