My first table has arrived

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Lost my high scores earlier today despite fitting new batteries a few weeks ago. Turns out there is a setting which automatically wipes the scores depending on how many games you played. I've disabled that now. On the bright side just got the top score which I hadn't reached previously ( 252m )

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Silverballfiend asked me in his thread to post some pics of how I connected my undercabinet led strips up so here's a few pics;

The Strips stuck to the bottom of the cabinet with double sided tape, the wire passes through a small hole in the cabinet that was already there;

img0803b.jpg

The LED strips with power supply and remote control switch which I built from a kit years ago, they used to be on the back of my plasma. I could have put the remote switch on the outside of the cabinet but didn't want to see it and its easy to open the coin door & fire the remote control through the open door to turn them on. I realise the way I have the receiver inside the cabinet makes it redundant but it would have been more work NOT to use it as it was already built and connected up;

img1131hq3.jpg

I cut the mains cable that feeds the tables power supply and connected it to a socket power strip inside the cabinet, then put a plug on the tables now short supply cable and plugged it into the strip along with the LED strips plug. This leaves a few handy sockets inside the table ( I know, I didn't need 4 spare sockets but you use what you have ) which is very handy for plugging a soldering iron in. Also I can have the LED's on without the table switched on.

img0590g.png

Last edited:

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Thats pretty cool! Good idea on the power pack. Couldnt you have used the plug provided in the cabinet? Ive never tried mine.:p

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
That silver box to the lower left of the manufacture tag, it has a plug and its FUSED:p I didnt see the rest of your post, YES!

SilverBallFiend

Dec 18, 2012
Silverballfiend asked me in his thread to post some pics of how I connected my undercabinet led strips up so here's a few pics;

The Strips stuck to the bottom of the cabinet with double sided tape, the wire passes through a small hole in the cabinet that was already there;

img0803b.jpg

The LED strips with power supply and remote control switch which I built from a kit years ago, they used to be on the back of my plasma. I could have put the remote switch on the outside of the cabinet but didn't want to see it and its easy to open the coin door & fire the remote control through the open door to turn them on. I realise the way I have the receiver inside the cabinet makes it redundant but it would have been more work NOT to use it as it was already built and connected up;

img1131hq3.jpg

I cut the mains cable that feeds the tables power supply and connected it to a socket power strip inside the cabinet, then put a plug on the tables now short supply cable and plugged it into the strip along with the LED strips plug. This leaves a few handy sockets inside the table ( I know, I didn't need 4 spare sockets but you use what you have ) which is very handy for plugging a soldering iron in. Also I can have the LED's on without the table switched on.

img0590g.png

Cheers!!! I appreciate the photos! Great way to incorporate it into the cabinet!!

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
That stuffs cool about 13 years ago my friend wrapped a couple battery powered strings of that around him set to different blink modes he looked like he had electricity running around him.:p

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
There's some good vids on YouTube, just search EL wire pinball to see a few tables with it on. It's so cheap I thought why not give it a try.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Well it took a good few weeks but today I finally received the patched EPROM for my table to get rid of the led ghosting and I can happily report that it works really well, all ghosting is now gone. I'm not sure exactly how it works, something to do with altered timings I think but it's quite astonishing how well it worked, the ghosting was pretty bad after installing all my LEDs and was particularly noticeable during video mode when all the table LEDs should be out, 1/2 of them were still 1/2 lit, gladly that's a thing of the past now.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Beautiful table and it looks like you are doing an awesome job of making it even better.
I've never actually played a Getaway, but the table design and the theme are just so awesome. I love the huge tach in the middle of the playfield... I might have to try and find one of these for myself then I'll buy you enough beer to fix mine up to be as sweet as yours!

I do think you should get that alt backglass though.;)

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
It would compliment your table, plus you could safely store the original so nothing happens to it.
I can't wait to see your pics/vids once you're done!

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Well I don't plan on doing much more to it, just some EL wire and then try and tidy the cabinet up a little.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
What/where is the wire going?

Not to discourage you, but I have yet to see a table use it and not have it look pretty bad. It seems that it is very difficult to have it go in any kind of straight/uniform line without it looking sloppy.

and another: http://youtu.be/5_TPK3ToiRc?t=2m18s
and another: http://youtu.be/XW9KSqvQvMY?t=42s

This guy drilled holes in for tie down straps and it still doesn't look very good.
(Aside: If you wanted your Tron machine to look its best, why wouldn't you just buy the LE model to begin with?)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICrtijoNgC0

Again, Not trying to be a jerk, just wondering how you're doing it is all.

Last edited:

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Yeah I know what you mean, thought I'd give it a try though as its so cheap. Actually buying the cheap stuff may be my downfall. I'm going to try and get it on the top edge of the supercharger loop, failing that the wire form down the sides.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
How things going Kevlar?

Pretty good thanks. No updates to my table but getting a lot of playtime in. Usually get an hour or more in most days. Still waiting for EL wire from HK. The only problem I have with the table is it doesn't half generate a lot of dirt, the playfield and rubbers get dirty very quickly. I haven't stripped down the pop bumpers or the kickout hole yet and will when I get time but if its not coming from there I'm scratching my head.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts