PC tourney 2015-08-28: HS2, PZone, Diner, BK2K, GoinNuts, Centaur, ToM, RBIoN

Tan Coul

Mar 15, 2012
Top 10% get promoted IIRC... don't know what it is about tournaments, but I tripled my previous best scores on GN (3.1m) and HS2 (0.6b - OK, I really sucked at that table before...) Added bonus, I won't be touching GN again for the rest of the week :)

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
I am an pretty average player and I don't play for scores, more to enjoy the table theme, art, and story. Made a run through all tables yesterday and was holding up pretty well.
But some scores are already just a trillion times more to what my skill / ambition is capable of.
And 20 min? I'm glad when I last 3 ;)

invitro

May 4, 2012
Yay!... Tarek and Eldar will be taking their rightful places in Gold in one and two months...

Go easy on the Bronzers, Tarek. Some of them may not know who you are, and get depressed. :)

Shulk

Jan 22, 2013
I have a score on all the tables in Silver. Have 1 #1, 1 #2, and I believe 2 #3s. A lot of them I'll improve on, but I think I'm doing fine so far.

Right now it seems there's only 2 Gold spots up for grabs.

Crazy Newt

Dec 2, 2012
I don't know if it means anything, but in Gold, the two bottom players (of eight total so far) have a silver star by their point total.

The lowest 10% (?) of the Gold and Silver tournament players get relegated to the lower level. I am in Silver, and I'd prefer to stay in Silver for a few more tournaments until the Gold and Silver levels get more players. I just play the tables to get a high enough score to ensure that I won't get relegated.

Crazy Newt

Dec 2, 2012
I'm still in Silver ....

4 out of 8 tables played, 3 #1s and a #2 so far.

Sorry about not making Gold this month. You deserved it. Cheaters gonna cheat. :(

I can't take these tournaments too seriously until they adjust the difficulty significantly. Hoping that eventually the tables can be made to be more realistically challenging without having to use unfair randomness with flipper/plunger shots. I'm sure the developers will get there, just wish it could be sooner. Still the best product available, and it is always getting better.

Tarek Oberdieck

Jan 18, 2015
I'm gonna try guessing the top scores in Gold, without trying too hard, but looking at my high scores and memory for reference:

BK2K: 30M
Centaur: 12M
Diner: 130M
GoinNuts: 8M
HS2: 1500M
PZone: 800M
RBIoN: 400M
ToM: 8000M

I'm at 800.00 points now. Haven't played only 1,2 or 3 games per table at the moment.

Scores so far:

BK2K: 27M
Centaur: 13M
Diner: 83M
GoinNuts: 4M
HS2: 1465M
PZone: 400M
RBIoN: 100M
ToM: 4700M

The listet gold scores seems reachable for BK2K, Diner, HS2 in a few games. PZone and GoinNuts maybe. For the ToM and RBiON scores it would be interesting to hear from the owners something about their strategy.
I suspect End of Ball Bonus tricks for ToM.
For RBIoN I have no idea at the moment, have visited all continents twice and played a short multiball - time over with 100M. What's the trick to get 400M?

Last edited:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I'm at 800.00 points now. Haven't played only 1,2 or 3 games per table at the moment.

Scores so far:

BK2K: 27M
Diner: 83M
GoinNuts: 4M
HS2: 1465M
PZone: 400M
RBIoN: 100M
ToM: 4700M

The listet gold scores seems reachable for BK2K, Diner, HS2 in a few games. PZone and GoinNuts maybe. For the ToM and RBiON scores it would be interesting to hear from the owners something about their strategy.
For RBIoN I have no idea at the moment, have visited all continents twice and played a short multiball - time over with 100M. What's the trick to get 400M?

I think FS tweaked the physics on RBION, in particular shots from a trap on the left flipper to the temple. The ball is no longer guaranteed to go into the right lane every time. Makes lining up 2x before every Continent Tour quite tricky.

So far I'm on:
BK2K: 18M
Centaur: 10M
Diner: 61M
Goin Nuts: 5M
HS2: 920M
PZ: 412M
RBION: 95M
ToM: 3.1B

#1 or #2 in all but ToM....

invitro

May 4, 2012
Hi Tarek,

The scores I listed were my rough predictions for the #1 Gold score. Here are the actual #1's in Gold right now:
BK2K: 19M
Diner: 48M
GoinNuts: 5.2M
HS2: 1089M
PZone: 952M
RBIoN: 79M
ToM: 5102M

There are only 10 players so far in Gold. Three have played 7 tables, one (me) has played 6 tables, and the others have played 4, 2, 1, 1, 1, and 1 table. The players are: @Sir Moovenstein, invitro, @Pinballwiz45b, @olivier, @karl, @zpuanuel, @gandalf76, @painfulgrunt, @switch3flip, and @wolfstrike.

The PZone 952M is mine and my only #1. It is my high score by 200M. I had some big luck: the 1st three (or four) comedian awards were surprise multiball. I got Big Bang I think twice, I got one 10X and hit it into the bumpers, and I got a lot of 10M shots to that small lane on the right.

@vikingerik put up a 417M on RBIoN in the tournament two months ago, and he wrote a post about it:
http://digitalpinballfans.com/showt...ing-on-June-29?p=213728&viewfull=1#post213728

So... you need three continent tours, doubled, don't play multiball, and run up North America.

Good luck and thanks for posting your scores!

Shulk

Jan 22, 2013
My current scores in Silver and where they rank:
BK2K: 16.5M (3rd)
Centaur: 9.3M (2nd)
Diner: 49.2M (3rd)
GHS2: 748M (9th)
GN: 3.2M (7th)
PZ: 384M (4th)
RBION: 89.4M (3rd)
ToM: 4004M (5th)

Out of 42 players, I'm 2nd, only behind Eldar.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Yes, Ripley's is all about North America. The Bigfoot jackpot raises by 100k for every continent scoop shot, to a max of 2M. So grind that first (I'll let you figure out how) up to near 2M, then start shooting jackpots. Keep Bigfoot going long enough for 40M worth of jackpots, then recollect that via continent tours three times at 2x, and you're most of the way to 400M. Skip everything else (Australia is worth playing since you can't end it early) and drain out of all other multiballs, only Bigfoot and continent tours can go fast enough.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Because we really need to give Tarek pointers?? C'mon!

I'm gonna stick to my playing only 2 days, with max play of 5 times per table. Partly to keep it fun for me, partly because I only have 2 days where there's time to play!

Tarek Oberdieck

Jan 18, 2015
The PZone 952M is mine and my only #1. It is my high score by 200M. I had some big luck: the 1st three (or four) comedian awards were surprise multiball. I got Big Bang I think twice, I got one 10X and hit it into the bumpers, and I got a lot of 10M shots to that small lane on the right.

I bet you stay at #1 with this score for all time. :rolleyes: I'm at 546M at the moment.

Got a never seen before bug in ToM. Midnight Madness never end and the Trunk always score 24M. I've hit it continously for 13 minutes - 11B score.
Later a second bug: The Game ends with a counted score from 1B. Rollover Bug during tournament mode, never seen in normal games. Strange things happens...

Yes, Ripley's is all about North America. The Bigfoot jackpot raises by 100k for every continent scoop shot, to a max of 2M. So grind that first (I'll let you figure out how) up to near 2M, then start shooting jackpots. Keep Bigfoot going long enough for 40M worth of jackpots, then recollect that via continent tours three times at 2x, and you're most of the way to 400M. Skip everything else (Australia is worth playing since you can't end it early) and drain out of all other multiballs, only Bigfoot and continent tours can go fast enough.

Thanks for this hint. The score seems unbeatable at the moment, need a lot of time...

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.