PC tourney 2015-08-28: HS2, PZone, Diner, BK2K, GoinNuts, Centaur, ToM, RBIoN

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
If only youdve doubled it!

This is just small fries, but I was kicking myself because of Diner. I've been going for Dine Time jackpots. Well, in the IOS tourney, 68 mil is #2, and I had that guaranteed at this point. Anyways, I was on my last ball. (Had at least 3 or 4 extra balls). But this was the last ball with 1 minute left. Had the ball trapped on the left, going for an 8 mil Dine Time, and also to start multiball, and bricked it for a drain. That was my chance to pull ahead. #1 for diner in iOS right now is 91m, and the rest are 68m and less

9u1d0

Jan 7, 2013
Just had a 12,9Mln score on Centaur, did not register. I ran out of time, is showed 'Updating' but nothing happened. Rollover bug. :eek: :mad:

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Just had a 12,9Mln score on Centaur, did not register. I ran out of time, is showed 'Updating' but nothing happened. Rollover bug. :eek: :mad:

Yeah, how can you avoid that bug?

I played the luckiest game I ever had on Centaur (14.9M - 1st rank on PS3) and obviously, the registered score in the tourney leaderboards was 4.9M. :mad: F*****k.

I played other games, and after several attempts, I reached 11M, but no update in the tourney leaderboards (I guess the final score taken in account was 1M instead of 11M). :mad: F*****k again.

So tired of all these bugs.

EDIT:

Rollovers aren't properly detected if you run out of time. To register correctly, finish the game normally.

OK. :(

Last edited:

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
But I've gone at that for a long time, and it doesn't seem worth it. Should I use the whole damn 20 minutes just boosting the jackpot value?

No, but it doesn't take 20 minutes. It takes maybe 12 seconds per scoop shot so you're near max in about 3 minutes. You can go faster by shooting the scoop while the previous ball is still coming back down, if you plan and time it correctly.

But yeah, my best game I sucked at north America. It was Australia and Asia all the way.

Australia and Asia are easier to get a decent score if you're aiming for top ten or so, but there's no more headroom for a higher ceiling to reach #1. Only Bigfoot can pump 40M+ into the continent total in one run.

Today I've played 17 minutes Bigfoot Mode only. Approximate 100 Jackpots with 150M score. One of the two balls stuck somewhere and I had to quit the game later. Anyway not enough time to double this with the continent feature...

Well, you have to stop Bigfoot sometime to go get a doubled tour or two. :)

Gus

Mar 5, 2014
If the game lets you finish and doesn't bug out after multiball drain.

I've never had this bug before, not that I play Centaur much, but I got it on my first try this tourney. I first shot a ball into the Queen's chamber(!) so that it was resting on top of the captive ball. It could be reset by the Call Attendant option so I thought I'd be able to finish the game. When I drained my first ball I was just short of 12 mil with 4 minutes left on the clock, but the bonus count never started. The timer stopped but nothing happened. I tried tilting but that didn't start things either so I had to exit the game and restart. I thought it might be related to the ball I got stuck, but it sounds like this can happen any time?

Whoever found out that ending games before the time is up works to register rollover scores gets a cookie from me. I've had lots of rolled scores that doesn't count in the tournaments. It kind of sucks that it doesn't work properly, but at least there seems to be a way to plan around it then. Diner has this problem among many others so heads up.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Diner has this problem among many others so heads up.

There's a reason I stopped my Diner game at 95M. Actually the rollover "problem" also affects the Tip bonus in Diner - if you roll your score, the tip gets applied to the displayed score, making the maximum Tip 9,999,990.

As for Centaur - it's a ROM bug when the game loses track of the number of balls in play. Someone with a real Centaur posted the only way they could fix it was to take the glass off and find all the balls. I guess it should be fixable by "Call Attendant" so maybe it's a bug in TPA that "Call Attendant" doesn't work. That TPA attendant isn't worth his minimum-wage job and all that popcorn he keeps munching, I tell ya.

Tarek Oberdieck

Jan 18, 2015
There's a reason I stopped my Diner game at 95M. Actually the rollover "problem" also affects the Tip bonus in Diner - if you roll your score, the tip gets applied to the displayed score, making the maximum Tip 9,999,990.

I can't confirm any rollover problems with the tip bonus. In my 104M score I've used the tip during rollover and in the regular leaderboard score too.

EDIT: OK, I have played another 118M game, there's a rollover bug with time out games. I don't believe that it has something to do with the tip bonus.

Well, you have to stop Bigfoot sometime to go get a doubled tour or two. :)

Great News. :p Ripley has tried to locate the missing ball for more than 3 minutes...

Last edited:

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Whoever found out that ending games before the time is up works to register rollover scores gets a cookie from me.

I think I was the first one to advance the hypothesis, but everyone else has been chiming in with more data and confirmations. Make it a community cookie. :)

invitro

May 4, 2012
I think I was the first one to advance the hypothesis, but everyone else has been chiming in with more data and confirmations. Make it a community cookie. :)

I think this post of yours was the 1st mention of the possibility that not letting time expire might be important.
http://digitalpinballfans.com/showt...ing-on-June-29?p=213937&viewfull=1#post213937

I guess you're not playing this tourney either? From your scores, it looks like you don't have BK2K, Diner, or HS2.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Yeah probably not. Just been busy with other things instead of sinking time into TPA. I haven't even gotten around yet to serious regular gameplay on half the season 4 tables. I'll just feed Tarek tips and let him do the winning. :)

invitro

May 4, 2012
Gold #1 score update...

BK2K: 24M (pinballwiz45b)

Centaur: 16M (switch3flip)
Diner: 98M (pinballwiz45b)
GoinNuts: 5.5M (invitro)
HS2: 1197M (switch3flip)
PZone: 1374M (switch3flip)
RBIoN: 164M (invitro)
ToM: 5661M (pinballwiz45b)

19 players total.

Tarek Oberdieck

Jan 18, 2015
Gold #1 score update...

BK2K: 24M (pinballwiz45b)

Centaur: 16M (switch3flip)
Diner: 98M (pinballwiz45b)
GoinNuts: 5.5M (invitro)
HS2: 1197M (switch3flip)
PZone: 1374M (switch3flip)
RBIoN: 164M (invitro)
ToM: 5661M (pinballwiz45b)

19 players total.

Update from Bronze:

BK2K: 27M
Centaur: 16.8M
Diner: 104M
GoinNuts: 5.8M
HS2: 1465M
PZone: 546M
RBIoN: 194M
ToM: 6010M

291 players total.

Crooker

Apr 24, 2013
I realize us iOS people are high jacking this thread but I just had to say Thanks for the Bigfoot jackpot tip in Rbion. Hadn't caught on to this before and just put up 153M for temporary first place(I'm sure Gus will crush this by Friday).

For you invitro. Table standings in Gold iOS

Rbion 153 M. Crooker
ToM 5.8 B. mogol
BK2 32M tiotbellot
Centaur 13.7M ksmmspt
Diner 96.7M Gus
HS2 1.349B nillang
Goin Nuts 5.324 nillang
PZ 706M nillang

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Just put up 1.15B on PZ in Silver to take back #1.

Agonizingly close to taking back #1 in both HS2 (had the 150M Super Jackpot lit to take it, muffed the shot and drained) and ToM (had 8x Bonus and 4B+ on my last ball with 4 minutes to go... and couldn't keep the ball in play long enough to build up that bonus some more).

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Thanks Crooker! Looks about the same except for PZ and BK2K. I'm getting curious about BK2K.
Top BK2K in Silver is 26M.

32M seems unlikely, unless it's a really good Double Knights. That would beat out the strategy of building loops and stockpiling EBs for a bonus blitz at the end.

From memory Silver scores are:
BK2K 26M
HS2 1.37B (Crazy Newt)
ToM 4.99B (snorzel)
Diner 95M*
RBION 117M*
GN 5.3M*
Centaur 13.7M
PZ 1.15B*

* my scores, don't recall who has all the others.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts